Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome back, Deangelo Hall

robotfire

He played an amazing game. After two season ending injuries and given his age, I was thinking he ought to be a cut. Even moreso because of the talent we have in the defensive backfield.

Shows that professional coaches and front office folks occasionally know more than me.

Hall was great today. Really wish he could have hauled that one in on the last play cuz that would have been absolutely awesome. Hopefully he can stay healthy because I think having him and Swearinger back there is pretty huge for the communication in the secondary. 

As outstanding as Nicholson has been playing for a rookie, I think by the move today it’s obvious the coaches feel more comfortable with DHall back there.

He may not run a 4.3 like he used to but the mental awareness is all there.

Less communication between him and Swearinger is a good thing pre snap.

He knows where he needs to be at all times

9 minutes ago, moondog said:

Hall was great today. Really wish he could have hauled that one in on the last play cuz that would have been absolutely awesome. Hopefully he can stay healthy because I think having him and Swearinger back there is pretty huge for the communication in the secondary. 

I actually kind of wondered why so many of us thought he was done.  Figured that he was coming back (esp with the Cravens thing) if we had injury issues (injuries ALWAYS are a big issue and Hall being PUPed sort of allowed us to have a 54 man roster) or were in the middle of a playoff run (both seem to be true now).

8 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

As outstanding as Nicholson has been playing for a rookie, I think by the move today it’s obvious the coaches feel more comfortable with DHall back there.

He may not run a 4.3 like he used to but the mental awareness is all there.

Less communication between him and Swearinger is a good thing pre snap.

He knows where he needs to be at all times

Nicholson was not active today for injury reasons.  Had Hall not been reactivated, I think we'd have had only two active safeties today.  The move was a no-brainer because two active safeties is a very bad thing.  Even when Nicholson is healthy, we'll only have four.

3 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

Nicholson was not active today for injury reasons.  Had Hall not been reactivated, I think we'd have had only two active safeties today.  The move was a no-brainer because two active safeties is a very bad thing.  Even when Nicholson is healthy, we'll only have four.

Oh, I didn’t know Nicholson was inactive.

Do you think he would’ve started over Hall if he was cleared?

Earlier this week, my friend sent a group text saying DHall was coming back this week.  I told them that it's a sad state of affairs if he has to see the field on Sunday as I really thought he had taken his last snap in the league.  Ol' boy comes out and makes a couple great plays yesterday after looking absolutely dreadful at safety in the little bit he played last season.  Hats off to DHall!

He did a great job for coming out cold after injury.  Played way over his head and couldn't have asked for more.

That being said, I'm going to be the party pooper and point out that the last Seattle TD to Baldwin that gave them the lead looked like it was due to him being BADLY out of position (6:50 mark).  Baldwin beats Norman right at the line and Hall lets him go free. 

I've said this many times on here... the most over-appreciated player in the ES era: Brad Johnson. The most under-appreciated: DHall.

Around these parts I think I classify as an old man, and I can say with confidence that Hall is in my top 10 favorite Redskins of all-time.

Archived