Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome back, Deangelo Hall

robotfire

15 hours ago, kleese said:

I've said this many times on here... the most over-appreciated player in the ES era: Brad Johnson. The most under-appreciated: DHall.

Around these parts I think I classify as an old man, and I can say with confidence that Hall is in my top 10 favorite Redskins of all-time.

Damn, that's some praise bro.

I've got no issues with it.  Dude has been nothing short of a professional and team leader on and off the field.  This is a guy who has every teammates back too.  Love his feistiness.  True competitor.

Fun stat of the day.  D.Hall is the all time leader in NFL fumble return yardage. :)

On 11/5/2017 at 10:26 PM, Darth Tater said:

I actually kind of wondered why so many of us thought he was done.  Figured that he was coming back (esp with the Cravens thing) if we had injury issues (injuries ALWAYS are a big issue and Hall being PUPed sort of allowed us to have a 54 man roster) or were in the middle of a playoff run (both seem to be true now).

I think it was completely valid and still is - he's borderline ancient for a DB and has essentially missed the last two seasons with major injuries - ACL and Achilles. I am shocked that he played every snap this past week - it tells me that you're probably right in that he's likely been healthy but they've been holding onto him on the PUP to protect roster spots until we absolutely needed him. 

But it's absolutely still a concern about being able to rely on him to stay healthy for the rest of the year. It would be huge for our secondary if he could but I'm still no counting on it. The question has never been can he still play, it's his durability that's scary given the last couple years combined with his age. I really like Montae Nicholson but his shoulder is a serious problem - he gets hurt and has to leave the game every time he delivers a hit. Hopefully at least one of these guys is healthy each week going forward!

Archived