Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

^^^ A 48-year-old Burlington man has been arrested and charged with 3 counts of attempted homicide.  A gun found in his apartment - near the shooting site - has been linked to the shooting.  

Burlington shooting: Arrest made after men of Palestinian decent shot (burlingtonfreepress.com)

Mary Reed, Mother of Burlington Suspect Jason J. Eaton, Speaks Out (thedailybeast.com)

Edited by Dan T.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/06/us/university-of-nevada-las-vegas-campus-shooting/index.html

Las Vegas Metro Police are responding to reports of a shooting with multiple victims on the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, campus, near Beam Hall, according to a social media post.

“There appears to be multiple victims at this time. Please avoid the area and we will have more information soon,” police said on X.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Dan T. said:

UNLV shooter is Anthony Polito, a former East Carolina University professor who was denied a position at UNLV.

So, at first it looks more like "disgruntled didn't become an employee", less like "some kind of terrorist".  

(Although pointing out that what all of these scenarios seem to have in common, is how easy, rapid, access to guns, allows momentary incidents of "life's speed bumps" to become "mass fatalities".  

• Like 1

@Cooked Crack

Reading that article wrecked me.  Not sure why, but I went looking for the Youtube footage of the hearing.  I listened to one of the survivors statements, but I got about 5 seconds into the dad of Tate and I know if I hear the whole thing I will lose it. 

We rarely get these trials, but I have a hard time understanding how Congress can just not give a care.

• 2 weeks later...