Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

25 minutes ago, tshile said:

Cant remember it ever being this bad. 

not that it matters. But my god it feels like an every day thing now. 

I think we just got used to not having them cause Covid. Its a weird thing to type but I hope that we just forgot what it felt like to have a shooting during the quarantine. 

• Like 1

Gratuitous "Welcome to Joe Bidens America".

Spring fever and states opening back up for the most part are probably a major contributing factor. Definitely seems like a mass shooting every day or two is the new normal. 

Unfortunately nothing really will ever be done to attempt to stop these events from happening. Our society has failed and will continue to fail in regards to mass shootings. 

• Sad 1

I wish we had a separate category for shootings where the victims and the shooter are related and there’s a reason. Drug deal, domestic issue, whatever. 

I feel like it muddies the water. Those are important but when I think of mass shooter I always think of indiscriminate killing. Not just there happens to be more than 2 victims. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, tshile said:

I wish we had a separate category for shootings where the victims and the shooter are related and there’s a reason. Drug deal, domestic issue, whatever. 

I feel like it muddies the water. Those are important but when I think of mass shooter I always think of indiscriminate killing. Not just there happens to be more than 2 victims. 

Guns don’t know the difference.

Guns are the problem.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, clietas said:

Gratuitous "Welcome to Joe Bidens America".

"Most divisive President since the last Democrat."

"Just look.  Not a single Republican has voted for a single thing he's done."

Edited by Larry
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, tshile said:

The fact you are even thinking about this and having to make this distinction is a huge problem.

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, purbeast said:

The fact you are even thinking about this and having to make this distinction is a huge problem.

It is but he's right. To me, as a law-abiding citizen, there's a major difference. I'm less scared when I hear about a drug deal gone bad or gang violence or even a jealous husband killing his wife and her lover than I am a random asshole who kills strangers for no reason. The first set of crime happens everywhere in a number of ways (guns, knives, whatever). The second category is unique to the US. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

It is but he's right. To me, as a law-abiding citizen, there's a major difference. I'm less scared when I hear about a drug deal gone bad or gang violence or even a jealous husband killing his wife and her lover than I am a random asshole who kills strangers for no reason. The first set of crime happens everywhere in a number of ways (guns, knives, whatever). The second category is unique to the US. 

The first one doesn't happen very often in the middle of the day in a grocery store.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Long n Left said:

Guns don’t know the difference.

Guns are the problem.

Yeah... clever, I guess. Good for you 

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

Is it not just accepted, at least here, that it’s a huge problem? Must we say it every single time so we don’t get worthless responses?

are you guys that dense that you don’t understand the difference between someone killing 5 of their loved ones inside their house over a domestic dispute (or mental illness issue), and someone walking into a Walmart and just shooting as many people as they can?

are you unaware or just don’t care about the fact that a gang related shooting would qualify even though it’s not in any way related to the previous two examples?

are you that unaware of how processing data works or analyzing works that you’re completely ignorant of how it distorts the ability to understand, discuss, and deal with what are fundamentally different issues?

Edited by tshile
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, tshile said:

Yeah... clever, I guess. Good for you 

Is it not just accepted, at least here, that it’s a huge problem? Must we say it every single time so we don’t get worthless responses?

are you guys that dense that you don’t understand the difference between someone killing 5 of their loved ones inside their house over a domestic dispute (or mental illness issue), and someone walking into a Walmart and just shooting as many people as they can?

are you unaware or just don’t care about the fact that a gang related shooting would qualify even though it’s not in any way related to the previous two examples?

are you that unaware of how processing data works or analyzing works that you’re completely ignorant of how it distorts the ability to understand, discuss, and deal with what are fundamentally different issues?

Lay off the sauce bruh.

So you are unaware. Gotcha. At least that dumb post makes sense 

22 minutes ago, purbeast said:

The first one doesn't happen very often in the middle of the day in a grocery store.

Yet both get counted as mass shootings. 🤪

On a personal level, am I concerned about Chicago gun violence?  Not really.

On a personal level, am I concerned about domestic disputes that spill over into mass shooting events?  Again, not really.

On a personal level, am I concerned about catching a bullet at the concert or the grocery store or the polling place?  Yeah, a little bit.  And I’d imagine anyone would be.

I get they’re all mass shootings and I get that we can do things legislatively to improve outcomes in all three instances.

But I get Tshiles point.  And I echo it.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

On a personal level, am I concerned about Chicago gun violence?  Not really.

On a personal level, am I concerned about domestic disputes that spill over into mass shooting events?  Again, not really.

On a personal level, am I concerned about catching a bullet at the concert or the grocery store or the polling place?  Yeah, a little bit.  And I’d imagine anyone would be.

I get they’re all mass shootings and I get that we can do things legislatively to improve outcomes in all three instances.

But I get Tshiles point.  And I echo it.

It's a huge distinction that needs to be addressed. 

Domestic disputes, gang violence, crimes of passion...they are never going away. Take the guns away and people will be stabbed or poisoned or driven off a cliff. That's been happening longer than any of our grandparents were walking the earth. 

The random, arbitrary, take-people-down-with-me crimes are relatively new and what is the most concerning. Those are the ones that need their separate category because they are the ones where a completely unassociated person's life can end because they needed to run out for milk or wanted to go bowling with their family. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Busch1724 said:

I'm guessing arming other 6th graders could have prevented this?

Close. 3rd grade snipers. 

Sadly the most shocking thing about this last shooting was that it was a female shooter. Not that it was a 6th grader..on school grounds. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

• 2 weeks later...

A mass shooting at a house party with hundreds of guests leaves 2 dead and 12 others shot

A house party packed with hundreds of guests devolved into chaos when gunfire erupted, killing at least two people and wounding a dozen more.

A man and a woman were shot and killed at the house party in Cumberland County, New Jersey State Police said.

At least 12 more people were shot in the melee on East Commerce Street in Fairfield Township around 11:50 p.m. Saturday.

Cooper University Hospital in Camden said it received six victims from a shooting at a home in Cumberland County.

It's not clear how many victims in total were taken from the scene to area hospitals.

"No arrests have been made, and the motive and incident remain under investigation," New Jersey State Police posted on Facebook.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 2

LIVE: Multiple people killed, injured in San Jose VTA rail yard shooting; suspect dead

Multiple people have been killed in a shooting at a VTA rail yard in San Jose Wednesday morning, according to the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Department.

There are "multiple victims and multiple casualties," spokesperson Russell Davis said. He wasn't able to offer a more specific count.

Several sources told ABC News there are "no more than 10 victims."

The shooter is among the dead, Davis said.

At least some of those injured are VTA employees.

The shooting was in the area of 100 W. Younger Avenue at a VTA control center and rail yard, where light rail cars are stored. The building is not open to the public, so the shooter would have needed employee access or to have broken in, said VTA spokesperson Brandi Childress.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 1