Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

I echo the sentiment of not recalling it ever being this bad.  I am guessing it has something to do with Covid and some sick version of pent up anger being released upon the public.  A mass shooting where 8 people were killed used to be headlines.  Now it is ho hum just another shooting.  ****ing disgusting what kind of country allows this?  It's absurd, asinine, and whatever other adjective you want to use to express shock.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

I echo the sentiment of not recalling it ever being this bad.  I am guessing it has something to do with Covid and some sick version of pent up anger being released upon the public.  A mass shooting where 8 people were killed used to be headlines.  Now it is ho hum just another shooting.  ****ing disgusting what kind of country allows this?  It's absurd, asinine, and whatever other adjective you want to use to express shock.

Yes, there is pent up anger and frustration with COVID and social issues.  But we've become inured to mass death by gun violence.  Gun sales have gone through the roof.  That's not helping.

20210116_woc387.png

We're Seeing A Spike In Workplace Shootings. Here's Why

Workplace mass shootings are rare, but the killing of nine people by a fellow employee at a Northern California rail yard on Wednesday marks the third such rampage in under two months.

That could foreshadow a rise in this type of violence after the nationwide shutdown of businesses resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic, says Jaclyn Schildkraut, associate professor of criminal justice at the State University of New York at Oswego.

However, Schildkraut stresses that while such shootings "are increasing incrementally in frequency, they're still extremely statistically rare."

In San Jose on Wednesday, authorities say, a public transit employee opened fire on co-workers at the Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority, fatally shooting at least nine people and then taking his own life. The suspect was identified as a 57-year-old current employee. A motive is still unknown.

The attack comes on the heels of a similar shooting in Indianapolis on April 15 in which a former FedEx worker killed eight people before killing himself. That was reported to be the deadliest workplace massacre since a brewery employee gunned down five people at the Molson Coors campus in Milwaukee in February 2020, shortly before the pandemic shutdown.

About a week before the Indiana shooting, a gunman killed one person and wounded five others in an ambush at a cabinet manufacturing facility in Bryan, Texas, where he worked. He survived and was arrested.

A database compiled by The Associated Press, USA Today and Northeastern University found that between 2006 and February 2020, there had been 13 mass workplace shootings carried out by a current or former employee — roughly one a year on average.

"The reason they seem more frequent right now is because we haven't had them really for the last year because of COVID," Schildkraut says. Such restrictions have also served to limit opportunities for potential shooters "because it reduces the available targets for a person," she says.

Another reason we may see more workplace attacks is that potential perpetrators, who've likely been in isolation over the past year, have had time to plan, Schildkraut notes. "One of the things that we know about shooters, especially those who target schools or other specific public spaces, is that they don't usually wake up and snap."

Click on the link for the full article

^^Wow...I've actually spent many nights in lovely Kerrville, TX. Some fond memories:

Late night bar (opened at 10PM) had members of the Bandidos stop in on a regular basis. Had some great conversations talking to one of the top dudes in the area. Interesting POV & a good time talking to him. And he would buy us drinks. 

Hotbed for live imported animals sent to "ranges" where peeps with money came to hunt "big game". I give you the YO Ranch where the big game hunters would stay:

https://www.yoranchhotel.com/    We used to see flatbed trucks loaded with exotic animals coming into town on Wednesday/Thursday for the weekend 'hunts'. 

And I have to leave with this - me & a buddy went to happy hour ~530pm one night. Straight from work. Sitting at the bar a girl comes up & says "You guys aren't from here are you?" Uh, no. "I could tell cause you guys are groomed!" Never forgot that - 'You guys are groomed!' lmao...

Edited by EmirOfShmo

16 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Straight from work. Sitting at the bar a girl comes up & says "You guys aren't from here are you?" Uh, no. "I could tell cause you guys are groomed!"

Was that when you were working as a male stripper?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

^^Wow...I've actually spent many nights in lovely Kerrville, TX. Some fond memories:

Late night bar (opened at 10PM) had members of the Bandidos stop in on a regular basis. Had some great conversations talking to one of the top dudes in the area. Interesting POV & a good time talking to him. And he would buy us drinks. 

Hotbed for live imported animals sent to "ranges" where peeps with money came to hunt "big game". I give you the YO Ranch where the big game hunters would stay:

https://www.yoranchhotel.com/    We used to see flatbed trucks loaded with exotic animals coming into town on Wednesday/Thursday for the weekend 'hunts'. 

And I have to leave with this - me & a buddy went to happy hour ~530pm one night. Straight from work. Sitting at the bar a girl comes up & says "You guys aren't from here are you?" Uh, no. "I could tell cause you guys are groomed!" Never forgot that - 'You guys are groomed!' lmao...

Huh, small world - I went to school in Kerrville...

• Like 1

On 5/30/2021 at 8:42 PM, Cooked Crack said:

23 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Why does the dude have the flag of Saudi Arabia with the Confederate flag? :wtf:

Clearly China knows who they're marketing to:

t32zwPk.jpg

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Dude that got shot that was laying inside the Mexicue place looked like your typical DC business-type....I figured they were aiming for someone gang related, but what the hell are they thinking firing into a busy 14th st during happy hour indiscriminately? They're going to get the book thrown at them