Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tax Bill

LadySkinsFan

It's going to pass.  Passing massive giveaways to their rich pimps are the only thing that Republican whores actually care about.  This is the goal that unifies their party and everything else they do is a means towards this end: instituting harmful deregulation, putting conservative pro-business hacks on the courts, starting distracting foreign and culture wars, etc.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, HOF44 said:

I feel like I'm watching one of the greatest heists in world history and everyone is just ignoring it.  Crazy!

That's a good way of putting it.  It's criminal.  The only way I can cope with the GoP's rape of the middle and lower classes is to believe that there will eventually be a reckoning for them.  It's the only thing keeping me from breaking the jaw of the next stupid ****ing **** Republican voter who tries to tell me both sides are the same.

16 minutes ago, Hersh said:

John McCain is a yes for the tax bill. 

Not a surprise. Arizona ia a low state income tax state. Although he could always vote no at the last second. Just to **** with Ryan and Trump.

33 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

TEG,

April 2019 is when we see the impact.... convenient.... after 2018 elections. 

In time for the Nov 2020 reckoning. Hard not to see this bill coming back to bite them.

Edited by The Evil Genius

1 hour ago, HOF44 said:

I think this has a better chance of passing than people are giving it.  I hate it, but I think it does.  

I think so too.  

I think that the powerrs of the GOP care a whole lot more about this than they do about kinda repealing parts of Obamacare.  

Obamacare would have been an ego moment for Trump and something for the base.  Gutting taxes on inherited wealth is something that the GOP has been getting paid for, for a decade.  

Admiring how many Republicans can describe a bill whose purpose is to eliminate taxes on unearned income, by raising taxes on earned income, using the word "reform".  

As if there was something unfair about there being any taxes on unearned income.  A Wrong which was crying out to be righted.  

The longer this drags on and the more we hear about it, the clearer it becomes that passage of this bill is the start of the fat lady singing for the entire United States.

Sound alarmist?  Sure, but not really.

This bill is a tremendous giveaway to the rich and corporate.  It cares not at all for the debt, mainly because the rich who are pushing it know they won't pay for a dime of the debt their giveaway creates.  Seeing when the cuts for poorer people fall off and the rates go up makes it clear the goal is to sell this as a tax cut on day 1 but ignore the future increases.  The gap between the rich and poor will continue widening.

In 20 or so years I forsee a boiling point if things don't change once they pass this.  The bottom 90%, controlling almost no wealth, will commit terrific physical violence against the wealthy.  I don't know what event will light the match but something will do it.  They will he targeted and hunted and the US will have to either go full dictatorship/marshall law to quell things or capitulate to the masses.

In either instance, most of the wealthy will flee or have already fled with their money to nations with open arms who want that money to settle with them.  The flight of capital will be unbelievable.

Further, STEM and other educational programs will have been gutted and the brain drain will put us well behind a number of other countries.

This of course leaves the US a shattered husk.  The government's debt would be impossible to fix, there won't be enough smart people around to help us build up new industries through tech, and all the investment money will be elsewhere.  The few companies that come back will build up situations resembling the times when there were company towns.  It frankly wouldn't surprise me if the dollar got replaced by various proprietary corporate crypto-currencies.  The government will be either too weak or too corrupt to step in and assert monetary policy control.

Then probably the companies get together and form a fully fledged corporatocracy.

And then they will announce the First Annual Hunger Games.

Oh and forgot to mention, the reason GOP reps are doing this is so that their corporate buddies will give them and their progeny safe passage to the country of their choice when crap hits the fan.

Edited by DogofWar1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As is the usual case with Republicans now, we have no earthly idea what is in the bill they are all excited to vote for.

Can I deduct my property taxes? Is there a trigger for a tax increase? Is Obamacare repealed? Does Susan Collins get a fancy new dress?

Tune in tomorrow.

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 12:54 PM, The Evil Genius said:

If the GOP keeps shooting themselves in the foot with these bad bills, they won't be able to count to 20 soon.

Personally, I can't wait til 'Murica realizes how ****ed they are with these bills. 

Alabama is going to elect a pedophile who doesn't know what DACA is, because Democrats are bad. You think a change in tax policy they don't understand is going to change things?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

As is the usual case with Republicans now, we have no earthly idea what is in the bill they are all excited to vote for.

Can I deduct my property taxes? Is there a trigger for a tax increase? Is Obamacare repealed? Does Susan Collins get a fancy new dress?

Tune in tomorrow.

Alabama is going to elect a pedophile who doesn't know what DACA is, because Democrats are bad. You think a change in tax policy they don't understand is going to change things?

Answers:

Yes, Yes, Kinda, don't know,

Tomorrow

Seems so - yes (this wasn't really phrased as a question), and yes.

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

Sigh, remember the days when people wanted to vote for Trump because they feared that Hillary was in the pocket of the billionaires and corporations?

None of these people will know enough to care.

The absolute dumbest people in this country are those still voting for the GOP.

The GOP has perfected the craft of triggering social outrage amongst this group of ignorant voters while shoveling as much wealth as possible towards the wealthy.

We're talking about a group of voters who thought A NEW YORK CITY BILLIONAIRE, who has financial entanglements all over the world, who has a history of outsourcing jobs and hiring foreign workers, is going to be their savior against a cabal of "MUH GLOBALISTS".

I have nothing good left to say for these people. I am so incredibly saddened by what this tax reform is going to do to our graduate studies programs across the country. It makes me sick to my stomach that a tax cut for the already filthy rich is going to be shouldered by people like hard working and financially struggling PhD students.

Rural and middle America will continue towards its path of ruin, and when **** really hits the fan, they'll have Fox news to craft some new story on how the EVIL LIBRULS ruined your country.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 2