Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tax Bill

LadySkinsFan

History is a harsh mistress, a stern nun with a ruler in her hand, and doesn't give one small **** what your excuse is or how many dogs ate your homework, what is is and she has taught this lesson before. Everyone remembers some nostalgic version of the Great Depression, but very few are conversant with political/economic history from the 20s. The uber-rich will always find/promote/reelect those crass enough to do their bidding, for the specific and overt end of greed feeding their afflictions. A very easy look around the web will allow you to see the exact course of events, the names and dates and all those other "boring" details of the Coolidge years and those that directed them. The Great Depression will slip down the list the same way that Nixon did for worst pres ever. The difference today is that in '29 the majority of the country was rural, still knew how to plant/tend/harvest crops, feed themselves with hunting and fishing, still knew how to cobble shoes or weave cloth. They were capable of survival, they were hurt by the crash but still could muddle through until things got better. Nowadays people don't know how to do ****, there will be riots and open warfare over the last can of tuna, the last gallon of gas and the last round of .223. There will be unfocused starvation rage at the immediate prospect of death by hordes that have been bred to live within a technological society we have now. No gas delivered to the local station, no food at the grocery stores, hell, if the power goes off for more than two hours people get twitchy, what happens when it doesn't come back on period? These kind of dystopian nightmares loom in the near future, no matter how many on the right want to pooh-pooh the idea.

The reality is that it is essentially already too late, there is too much momentum to the ignorance, chances of avoiding it are in the single digits and dropping. The only real decisions people need to be pondering is if they intend to punch out early, in which case stock up some barbiturates and liquor, or you're gonna go for it and hang on, so lay in supplies of food and ammo. The other choices are fantasy.

• Like 1

Even the Republicans I know that usually find some way to support anything the gop puts forward, and condemn anything the dems put forward, are rooting for this bill to fail.

I was shocked this morning when I said "this bill is likely bad for me" and my pops said "yeah, me too, I hope it fails"

I had already raised my shield to deflect the barrage of arrows, but they never came...

• Like 1

I haven’t paid attention in the last few days.  Is this bill any worse for the “married with two kids, owns a home over $500k, and makes between $150 and $175k jointly” crowd than it was before?

Cause, it seems bad, as in It scraps some public works that I like, but not bad as in “it hits me really hard in the pocketbook” from what I remember before.

And Of course we are going to run a huge deficit which is dumb asf.

Just now, Springfield said:

I haven’t paid attention in the last few days.  Is this bill any worse for the “married with two kids, owns a home over $500k, and makes between $150 and $175k jointly” crowd than it was before?

Cause, it seems bad, as in It scraps some public works that I like, but not bad as in “it hits me really hard in the pocketbook” from what I remember before.

Haven't looked at it much for my situation , but he concerns seem a bit hyped

http://althouse.blogspot.com/2017/11/if-this-is-wrong-id-like-to-see-nyt.html

52 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Where people like you will be effected is Social Security down the line.

After the Baby Boomers bleed this country dry, the rest of us will never have a retirement we can enjoy, even with taxes that we paid into for these benefits.

The most selfish, arrogant generation in the history of the US. Sucked the system dry and leaving the rest of us with a mess that we have no bloody idea how to clean up.

Edited by No Excuses

8 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Where people like you will be effected is Social Security down the line.

After the Baby Boomers bleed this country dry, the rest of us will never have a retirement we can enjoy, even with taxes that we paid into for these benefits.

The most selfish, arrogant generation in the history of the US. Sucked the system dry and leaving the rest of us with a mess that we have no bloody idea how to clean up.

It will be the millenials that save this country.

1 minute ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I am being sarcastic because some got their panties in a bunch when you said this before, lol.

This is the generation that fell in love with profits and money to the point that they abandoned any sense of community. 

Everything was about maximizing their own bottom line. With this mentality, we ended up with a private sector concerned with nothing but driving up profits and a government completely in the pockets of corporations.

This tax bill is the baby boomers final gift to everyone after them.

• Like 1

Just now, No Excuses said:

This is the generation that fell in love with profits and money to the point that they abandoned any sense of community. 

Everything was about maximizing their own bottom line. With this mentality, we ended up with a private sector concerned with nothing but driving up profits and a government completely in the pockets of corporations.

This tax bill is the baby boomers final gift to everyone after them.

They destroyed this country and world. They took so much and are leaving so little. They raped our environment too.

Then they turn around talk ill of millenials. Baby Boomers were the worst generation.

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

It will be the millenials that save this country.

I doubt it. This tax bill, as it stands, will fundamentally restructure our society in a really ugly way. 

Most likely, we will be putting band-aids on this for the rest of our lives, while shrugging and saying "not much we can do". 

9 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Don't care. I have nothing kind to say about people who have royally screwed up the system for people in my generation and generations yet to come.

Kids today just have no respect for the offspring of the Greatest Generation.

15 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

I doubt it. This tax bill, as it stands, will fundamentally restructure our society in a really ugly way. 

Most likely, we will be putting band-aids on this for the rest of our lives, while shrugging and saying "not much we can do". 

Nah, once millenials get into office we can start raising taxes again and start offering public services that make a difference.