Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tax Bill

LadySkinsFan

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Unfortunately, this is probably right.  Guns and just run of the mill punchings like Rand Paul received.  

The correct response is protest at the ballot box, volunteering to make calls and knock doors, and financial support of whoever is supporting the policies you like/opposing the policies you dislike.  Hopefully people realize during the next few election cycles that 1) their vote matters and 2) intraparty squabbles or whining that your preferred candidate lost the primary are self-defeating and end up with the country's coffers being looted and probably it will get worse. 

Get yourself to Big Law asap. ;)

Run of the mill?  Wasn't that a long standing dispute with his neighbor?

I do agree, you want change; then you have to vote the bums out.  Alas, are the Dems competent enough to make the case to vote for them?

If the Berne wing demands purity and only support to their type of candidate; then change won't happen. You run the type of candidate best

suited for the area. 2006 is the model the Dems should use again.  They ran different type of Dems in each area and were able to ride the wave

to control.

10 hours ago, nonniey said:

Well some good news then. The Senate actually passed the Tax Bill. Had my doubts for a while given the effective propaganda against it. (To see how effective just look at the this forum).

It isn't all bad.

They've adjusted some things that needed adjusting.

They also used garbage math, let certain people's cuts expire but not others (oh gee guess who's does what), used it as a vehicle to destroy the ACA (because they couldn't do it the usual way, because they have no plan), and seem to have no idea what loopholes are and aren't

it's a bad bill, pushed using bad math and bs talking points. 

it also happens that the left had no problem generating propaganda against it.

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Not sure about anyone else else but we paid 9600 in property tax alone this year.

Not sure how capping all SALT (including prop tax) at 10k makes sense.

That means I'll have another 10k in state income taxes that we will now have to pay federal tax on. Joy.

So yeah, **** anyone who supports this ****ty bill.

I'm getting ****ed in the same way. I don't know if it's more or less than you but on SALT alone i'm losing out on ~10k in deductions with this cap.

I understand there being a cap. Why should federal revenue suffer because a state has high taxes? Presumably you get something for those taxes, something other state's don't get (or have ot pay for differently), so why should you not pay a similar share to the feds?

It hurts me. I don't know what the right number is. I also know the counter argument would be - well then get your state to put your dollars to work for you instead of having it pass to the federal level.

There's a legitimate argument to cap it though.

The kicker though tshile is that California (and many other high income tax states) pay for other (largely red) states to have lower income taxes.

Dollar in/dollar out and California largely wouldn't have to raise state income taxes to the level it needs to support it's programs. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

The kicker though tshile is that California (and many other high income tax states) pay for other (largely red) states to have lower income taxes.

Dollar in/dollar out and California largely wouldn't have to raise state income taxes to the level it needs to support it's programs. 

Why do ya'll do that? :)

2 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Run of the mill?  Wasn't that a long standing dispute with his neighbor?

That was kind of a joke.  Rand Paul evidently got the **** kicked out of him and had multiple broken ribs.  But that's still way better than getting shot.

2 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I do agree, you want change; then you have to vote the bums out.  Alas, are the Dems competent enough to make the case to vote for them?

If the Berne wing demands purity and only support to their type of candidate; then change won't happen. You run the type of candidate best

suited for the area. 2006 is the model the Dems should use again.  They ran different type of Dems in each area and were able to ride the wave

to control.

This was the entire point of the part of my post that came after "2)".  Demanding purity is ****ing stupid when your choice is between something that is not exactly what you want and something that you find abhorrent. 

4 minutes ago, bcl05 said:

9 million kids will lose health care from CHIP.  

I don't know how these people sleep at night.

Well when your empathy and care has atrophied from long-term dis-use and you're a short-sighted, shallow creature, led to and fro by your appetites and fears, there isn't much in the way of neural connections that would spark thoughts about how someone else is doing. Especially, when they are a class of people you routinely demonize, dehumanize, or instrumentalize for personal gain.

1 minute ago, redskins59 said:

They also got rid of the individual mandate.  What's going to happen to health insurance?  When healthy people don't sign up for Obamacare, the sick ones will have to pay more. It may double or triple.

What a bad bill.

Are these healthy people that would get subsidies?

If so cost to the system might be less

If they are unhealthy they are probably a drain anyway and contribute to higher premiums....and stupid for not getting insurance

1 minute ago, redskins59 said:

They also got rid of the individual mandate.  What's going to happen to health insurance?  When healthy people don't sign up for Obamacare, the sick ones will have to pay more. It may double or triple.

What a bad bill.

The insurance markets are going to be ****ed. Get ready to pay a **** ton more for your insurance. My company advised us that our family plans are likely to double next year, which will then cost roughly $750 per month for employee + family/children. I'm glad I don't have any dependents.

• Sad 1

I was just catching up on the morning shows I like to watch occasionally. Rep. Chris Collins-R from NY in talking about reforms for entitlement programs "we want able body adults with no minor children at home to get jobs because there are more job openings than people willing to fill them." 

I thought one of the selling points to the tax cuts was creating more jobs, but if there already lots of jobs needing to be filled...

The statement "agree to disagree" = I know I'm lying and you caught me so I'll just say that. 

Edited by Hersh
  • Like 1