Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Common Kirk....I just don't know....

Riggo'sRangers

I just thought I would throw this one out there.

49er's get Cousin's 

Redskins get Grappolo and 3rd round pick.

Don't know if this can work unless both sign contracts and then we get the trade done. We should be able to get Grappolo for about 18/20m per year due to him being unproven. 

HTTR 

6 hours ago, Stefanskins said:

Seatle Drafts -    2010 - 1rst round offensive tackle
                           2011 - 1rst round offensive tackle
                           2014 - 2nd round Tackle
                           2015 - with their 3rd and 4th pick they chose Guards
                           2016 - 1rst round offensive tackle, 3rd round guard (6th Center)
                           2017 - 2nd round Center

Wow that is pretty damning. So after spending 3 of the last 6 first rounders on OTs they felt the need to trade for one at the deadline? LOL

2 hours ago, ClaytoAli said:

Yap yap yap yap, we have a 50/50 QB. Good enough to win some and dumb sometimes to lose as much. He skidish under duress and has bad mechanics when the heat is on. But when gets hot, he can carve up most defenses in the league. 

My only issue is with him is the accuracy. He looks like Cutler at times, but he just won in Seattle.

Lets give the guy a break, because there hasn't been a NFC QB to do that outside of the West in a while.

And leave Wilson out of this, the Richmond native was born and raised in Redskins country. 

I honestly feel sorry for you if you actually felt the need to write this after one of the guttiest wins the Redskins have had in years.  

7 hours ago, Stefanskins said:

Seatle Drafts -    2010 - 1rst round offensive tackle
                           2011 - 1rst round offensive tackle
                           2014 - 2nd round Tackle
                           2015 - with their 3rd and 4th pick they chose Guards
                           2016 - 1rst round offensive tackle, 3rd round guard (6th Center)
                           2017 - 2nd round Center

i was just about to post that. seattle has picked a OL in the first or second round in 4 of the last 8 drafts. in four of those drafts, they didnt have a pick in the first round. 

i just cant believe that anyone believes that seattles O line for the past 5 or 6 years is, in reality, the same quality as ours which consisted of, literally, a guy we signed off the street the week before, 4 backups and the one starter having 2 sprained ankles 2 weeks prior that caused him to come out of the game twice. 

not to mention seattle was top 5 in rushing between 2012 and 2015 and 9th in the year they werent top 5 and first in one of those years. footballoutsiders had them ranked top 5 in 3 of those 4 years and 9th in overall performance at that same time. 

by what measure is that anywhere close to our patchwork O line?

Bottom line. 

That throw to Doctson was a terrible throw.  Doctson made an unbelievable catch.  It looks good because we won the game. If Doctson does not make that catch, we could still win, but if we lose that was another opportunity that was not executed.  

IMO, the fans that detract or promote Cousins ultimately want the same thing.  I am on record stating that he is simply not that good, it is not his fault, he is limited.  Mcvay's system ecsentionated his talent. (See Goffs touchdown "PASS" on 3rd and 33, to which the pass went one yard down field, and 60 yac). 

I think a big thing is, he is the best QB that we have had in so long that his skill and quality is inflated.  In addition, any realistic alternative, truly may not be as good, and thus we would be banking on potential. (ex. Garopolo).  Furthermore, due to the lack of alternatives, again the quality of his quarterbacking is overstated.  

Kirk has peaked.  He will not have the benefit of Mcvay's system.  He needs players to make him better, and successful. He does not have the skill or talent to make other players better.  IMO, the best player on your team, and in football, I think it defaults to the QB, even if he is not the most talented, which is unfair, however it is part of the business simply because he touches the ball on every play, has to elevate the play of those around him.  Kirk, unfortunately does not check that box.  

I would be extremely satisfied if he were too be that great quarterback that all teams and their fans aspire to have.  This evaluation is not personal.  It is simply based on what I see and my knowledge of football, which is not expert by any stretch of the imagination, simply based on my principles and time that I invest in understanding the game.  

Even if I am critical of his play and contract demands, I still want him to be great, because if he is great the team has a very good chance to be great.  He simply has challenges with his overall talent, arm strength, decision making and all variables with quarterbacking ability.  This is based on what I see, not unsubstantiated dislike for a player.  

Simply put, I do not like Kirk simply because he is Kirk.  I believe that he is not a quarterback that can lead a team to a Super Bowl championship, based on his play and my opinion.  On top of that if you are asking to be the highest paid quarterback in the league, then I will defer to the words of a great sports radio host up here in Toronto, Bob Mcowan. When asked about what he thinks of a player, he simply says I am from St. Louis........"show me"

Have a good day everyone.

14 minutes ago, sebestian said:

On top of that if you are asking to be the highest paid quarterback in the league, then I will defer to the words of a great sports radio host up here in Toronto, Bob Mcowan. When asked about what he thinks of a player, he simply says I am from St. Louis........"show me"

Have a good day everyone.

He offered the team a 3 year $20M per deal and they said no so.....

Also the market dictates that he will be the highest paid QB in the league because 67% of the league can't find competency at the QB position. And that will last until the next QB hits the open market. And so on and so on. This isn't some absurd notion. Every QB contract sets a new "standard" he just happens to be on that timeline.

3 hours ago, markmills67 said:

In my opinion if Cousin's wants top 5 money then Goodbye, if he will sign for $20/22m then sign him.

HTTR 

Cool so we can go back to not having competent QB play and to the cellar. He offered the team $20M per last year and they said no. It's completely on them for ****ing this situation up so royally.

13 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

He offered the team a 3 year $20M per deal and they said no so.....

Also the market dictates that he will be the highest paid QB in the league because 67% of the league can't find competency at the QB position. And that will last until the next QB hits the open market. And so on and so on. This isn't some absurd notion. Every QB contract sets a new "standard" he just happens to be on that timeline.

I have no idea why people STILL don't get this. The highest paid is simply the last good one to sign. When i hear posters use the "he doesn't deserve to be the highest paid player in the league" I dismiss them because they obviously don't know what they are talking about.  

How anyone could hate on Cousins performance after yesterday is beyond me. Kirk played one hell of a game in one of the toughest stadiums to win not to mention behind a patchwork o line of guys i never even heard of minus his starting tight end and arguably best WR in Crowder . The man was 21 31 for 247 and led a game winning drive with under 2 minutes to play. If Cousins didn't impress you yesterday than he is never going too. Under the circumstances he was excellent . 

2 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I have no idea why people STILL don't get this. The highest paid is simply the last good one to sign. When i hear posters use the "he doesn't deserve to be the highest paid player in the league" I dismiss them because they obviously don't know what they are talking about.  

This is a really great point! I was/am one of those people who love Cousins but don't want to make him the highest paid or even top 3 paid QB in the league but you are right on the money. The truth is as you said the last good QB to sign is usually the highest paid player in the league, I get what your saying. 

One would think the Browns are the most miserable fan base in the league, but it appears the Redskins want to give them a run for their money.  Yesterday's win was one of the most exciting wins that I can remember.  I slammed Kirk and Jay a few times during the course of the game and was resigned to losing, just like I thought we would all week long.  But I was definitely upset that it looked like we were going to squander an all around great defensive performance.  Then here they come, do the unthinkable when it matters the most.  I thought my living room floor was going to crash into the basement with my wife and son and I jumping around the living room chanting "Hail to the Redskins". 

On the heels of a subpar overall performance, leads a game winning drive with 80% of his starting O-line missing, against a stout defense, on the road.  Same QB that can have pro bowl stats and lose the game, and the same folks want to say it doesn't matter because he didn't make the play when it mattered the most. 

Cousins deserved much of the frustration heaved on him during the Dallas and Philadelphia games. Likewise, Cousins deserves a bunch of credit for a gritty, tough, and clutch game against Seattle. If I were going to complain about anything it's that on three of his sacks I thought he had enough time to throw the ball away and he has been holding onto the ball a bit too long. That gets even more emphasized when you see presnap how many players are coming and you know your team is playing with its second string line and your one starter has bad ankles.

That said, he made some fantastic throws and when the game was on the line Kirk came up big. The throw to Doctson was a catchable ball delivered on time and way down the field. Frankly, Doctson getting tackled at the one was a great thing! I wanted Kelley to be stopped on first down, for us to burn thirty seconds of clock and then get our go ahead touchdown on second. I really wanted to leave as little time as possible for Wilson as possible.

We won and we won because of Kirk and the defense. Hats off to both.

46 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

What's going on in this article?

Washington players celebrated a victory that evened their record at 5-5 and gave new life to a team that had lost three of its previous four games.

It was also Exhibit A why Cousins, who turned down a five-year $53 million deal

Did I miss something???

27 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

On the heels of a subpar overall performance, leads a game winning drive with 80% of his starting O-line missing, against a stout defense, on the road.  Same QB that can have pro bowl stats and lose the game, and the same folks want to say it doesn't matter because he didn't make the play when it mattered the most. 

Agree.  to me this tweet summarizes it for me:

The Kirk hate is super weird. That was one of the most fun Skins games of the last decade. Maybe you could enjoy it for like, three minutes?

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree.  to me this tweet summarizes it for me:

The Kirk hate is super weird. That was one of the most fun Skins games of the last decade. Maybe you could enjoy it for like, three minutes?

Spot on.

Pretty much exactly what I was saying last night.  It's laughable how miserable some of these folks are.  Particularly when the overwhelming majority of them were the biggest apologists in the world for the other guy.  You know who you are.  Now all the sudden they are expert analysts on QB play.  I really wish the mods would label their accounts on this very site so they can't hide from it.

This is not a queue for folks with criticisms of Kirk to jump in and do the whole "I was one of the first to want to start Kirk over Griffin" or any of that mess.  I'm well aware there were some folks ready to move on from the other guy.  But my point still stands that most of his loudest critics were apologists to the highest degree of the old QB and it's laughable how critical they still are to this day, whether they know they have deep, ingrained bias or not.

37 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

That's a nice pull. (I have a weakness for newspaper reading)  Thank you sir! :)

22 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

How anyone could hate on Cousins performance after yesterday is beyond me. Kirk played one hell of a game in one of the toughest stadiums to win not to mention behind a patchwork o line of guys i never even heard of minus his starting tight end and arguably best WR in Crowder . The man was 21 31 for 247 and led a game winning drive with under 2 minutes to play. If Cousins didn't impress you yesterday than he is never going too. Under the circumstances he was excellent . 

This is a really great point! I was/am one of those people who love Cousins but don't want to make him the highest paid or even top 3 paid QB in the league but you are right on the money. The truth is as you said the last good QB to sign is usually the highest paid player in the league, I get what your saying. 

I love this post, but particularly the highlighted portion.  Yesterday Kirk checked off a MAJOR box: 

☑ Come back and Beat strong Opponent on The Road to snatch Victory from the jaws of defeat.

35 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

One would think the Browns are the most miserable fan base in the league, but it appears the Redskins want to give them a run for their money.  Yesterday's win was one of the most exciting wins that I can remember.  I slammed Kirk and Jay a few times during the course of the game and was resigned to losing, just like I thought we would all week long.  But I was definitely upset that it looked like we were going to squander an all around great defensive performance.  Then here they come, do the unthinkable when it matters the most.  I thought my living room floor was going to crash into the basement with my wife and son and I jumping around the living room chanting "Hail to the Redskins". 

Emphatically agree.  This is that moment for me.  With such a gritty comeback performance to beat a top QB in his house?  Not to mention him bringing The Skins back in dramatic fashion shocked everyone!  Our fans, their fans, our press, their press, and all of the national observers.

Where exactly can anyone find fault with that?

----------------------------------

@BatteredFanSyndrome What's with that 'other guy' stuff?  The man has a name.  It's Robert Griffin.

People are giving Kirk a hard time.  Dude had the scrubs 2.0 on the offensive line going against a top 4 defense ON THE ROAD.  When your defense played as well as our defense played, you dont forced stupid throws and thats what Kirk did - he didnt make stupid game altering mistakes.

When Seattle took the lead, well, now you have to be more aggressive  and take chances to win - which is what he did.

I thought he played well...Yea he missed some throws and took some sacks but take the whole game into context - on the road agaisnt an elite defense with 4 backup offensive lineman, Reed and Crowder out and no running game...Yea he played well imo.

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

You are so spot on with this post. Matt Stafford is now the highest paid player in the NFL. Does he deserve to be? 

The fact that people even want to bring Griffin into this says so, so much. There is literally no reason to ever talk about this guy every again. Yall are sick lol

Its that strange righteous indignation that keeps yall from really communicating with each other and just talking at one another. Its entertaining and fustrating all at the same time. 

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Well, at least you admit it.

I keep seeing crap like this and it’s infuriating.

Do you think that YOU have superior knowledge because you have an opinion? So tired of this mantra. We’re all fans of a football team with an opinion. Who gives a crap what level of knowledge we have or don’t have? 

Anyone on either side pulling that crap is annoying. And before you say, “He’s the one who said it”, yes. He did.

Youre the one who decided to single it out and post about it for emphasis.

If people aren’t entitled to their opinions, why have the forum?

Stop with the football knowledge BS. Seriously. Everyone. Stop it.

As for my opinion on Kirk after Seattle, it’s the same as it was before. For a relatively good deal (somewhere around $25M) I’d love to have him around. North of that is beyond questionable. 

He made some great plays behind a pretty damn bad OL yesterday. He made some really bad decisions as well (some of his throws and sacks he took). But for the most part he protected the ball in awful weather and came through when we needed him to.

It wasn’t all good, but he deserves some credit from yesterday. He shouldn’t be crapped on at all. 

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I keep seeing crap like this and it’s infuriating.

Do you think that YOU have superior knowledge because you have an opinion? So tired of this mantra. We’re all fans of a football team with an opinion. Who gives a crap what level of knowledge we have or don’t have? 

Anyone on either side pulling that crap is annoying. And before you say, “He’s the one who said it”, yes. He did.

Youre the one who decided to single it out and post about it for emphasis.

If people aren’t entitled to their opinions, why have the forum?

Stop with the football knowledge BS. Seriously. Everyone. Stop it.

You know good and damn well thats not how this works here. It never will. Its like politics. Worse cause every Joe Blow who thinks he likes the sport can looks up stats and make himself believe whatever the hell he wants. This topic is literally full of **** everyday. Its hard to expect these people to stop now. They 100% think they are the smartest people in the room unless you agree with them in someway. 

Archived