Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Common Kirk....I just don't know....

Riggo'sRangers

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I get it.  But you are making the point as if you've been one of the calm ones on the subject.  You've been one of the more active ones adding lighter fuel to in effect help inflame the Kirk hate after losses.    That's fine to each their own.

We got a win and a clutch Kirk performance and now you tell people to calm down when we ironically got a pretty pro Kirk tone at the moment -- so just wondering if you are going to do the same thing calming people down the next time the Redskins lose and or Kirk has an off day?  :)   Because the team will likely lose at some point again.  And Kirk is mortal, he will have a bad game in a loss like any QB.   It's coming.  The NFL is all about ups and downs.  And I agree that you don't get too high or too low.  But this thread tends to become an anti-Kirk zoo after every loss. 

Probably not because in that hypothetical, we lost. 

I’m consistent in one thing. That’s winning. I thought 8 was horrid for most of this game but he made plays when it mattered. That’s what a franchise QB does,

i figured everyone would do the same. 

But if he ****s the bed Sunday, you’re damn right I’ll go at him because it’ll show the same inconsistency week to week that scares ppl from buying all the way in with him.

but that’s reserved for Sunday. Today was a huge positive step. 

This **** is not rocket science. You get 16 shots at this. Fans want wins. That is what he’ll be judged on. 

53 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I just think the need to micro analyze every bad play by Cousins is tiresome and to be quite honest, absurd. He's a damn good QB. NO QB is perfect on every play, none. But the other top guys have a lot more leeway(deservedly so I guess but still). Has Cousins had an awful game like Big Ben's 5 pick game vs. the Jaguars? Was he ever at this point anywhere near as bad as Dalton was the first two weeks of the season?

Amen, someone in the game thread mentioned about next years QB draft....SMH...

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

He's allowed to make mistakes just as Kirk is. The difference is as always the eye test. He was always trying to make things happen whether with his arm or with his legs. The picks weren't great. No queston, but I admire a QB that tries to make things happen. The Compton INT was inexcusable. I won't give him credit for trying to get rid of the ball in the face of Brown's rush. That was a bad pass. By no means was her perfect. Yet from a statistical POV, he still almost threw for 300 yards (297) and ran for close to 80 and had his own clutch drive at the end. He got every one of his playmakers involved In the game and if it weren't for I think 9 offensive penalties and 3 missed FGs this game could have been a different story. If you couldn't see Wilson as a constant threat every time the hawks had the ball then I don't know what to tell you. 

LOL.

So when KC gets stats and loses they are meaningless stats, but when Wilson does it, it's okay and the loss is not on him.

Man we have such delusional fans in the DC area.  People love to cherry pick things for their arguments.

Just now, Alexa said:

Amen, someone in the game thread mentioned about next years QB draft....SMH...

None of the QBs next year impress me. Mayfield plays in another crazy offense that destroys a conference that doesn't play defense. You're kidding yourself if you think he'll just light up NFL Ds like that. Allen and Darnold? Meh.

1 minute ago, purbeast said:

LOL.

So when KC gets stats and loses they are meaningless stats, but when Wilson does it, it's okay and the loss is not on him.

Man we have such delusional fans in the DC area.  People love to cherry pick things for their arguments.

I don't buy the notion that Cousins doesn't play to win or whatever the argument is now. He HAS consistently moved out of the pocket dodged guys and made plays. Okay he's not Wilson, who is? That's like buying a boat and being upset that it doesn't have wings.

Also today marked the 11th time Cousins has engineered a go ahead drive in the 4th quarter of a win. That doesn't include drives like the KC game or the Lions/Bengals games last year where he was also clutch but let down by teammates. So, the not clutch argument doesn't work either.

Like I said, there is literally no reasonable argument one can make against Cousins. The anti Kirk crowd should just stick to their 2012 RG3 highlight videos since they clearly don't know what real good QB play is.

1 minute ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

But if he ****s the bed Sunday, you’re damn right I’ll go at him because it’ll show the same inconsistency week to week that scares ppl from buying all the way in with him.

As for you having your own take of what constitutes a franchise QB -- that's fair.   But I don't get the lecturing people on tone when you are one of the vocal flame throwers after a loss that leads to a pretty hostile tone.   

I'll give that you do tell people to back off after a win -- many critics just disappear when that goes down.  So if that's what you mean about your point, I'd agree.   But as for keep the tone calm -- you wouldn't be one of the people I'd think of.  I am not saying I am one of those people either. :)

2 hours ago, Alexa said:

well as far as 300 yard games kirk has plenty of those. I just have the feeling with some of you, had kirk had a 300 yard game and thrown a couple of picks, and took a game ending sack, some of you'd be calling for him to be benched. yet when Wilson does it he's admired. 

and for the record, I love Wilson as a player. he's really turned into a really good qb.

great point Alexa...funny that they don't see the hypocrisy...or do they?? 

What’s with all the Kirk hate yeah he makes some bad throws but what qb doesn’t 

he keeps us in games we would usually lose

we have no run game and a very inconsistent defense if we build around Kirk more wins will come colt McCoy is not the answer it’s like alot of you guys want us to lose

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/heart-check-respect-check-a-season-saving-win-for-redskins-that-too/2017/11/05/2dd86996-c276-11e7-aae0-cb18a8c29c65_story.html?utm_term=.2433aff0db27

Hall, representing a defense that had performed admirably, whispered to Cousins: “This is where you make your money at, right here.”

Then Cousins went out and showed his worth.

First, he threw a 31-yard pass to Brian Quick, hanging in the pocket and releasing the throw as defensive lineman Michael Bennett nailed him. Quick made the play and absorbed his own punishing blow from safety Kam Chancellor. And on the next play, Cousins completed a 38-yard pass to Josh Doctson, who beat cornerback Shaquill Griffin, dove and hauled in the pass as he hit the turf.

Washington was one yard from the end zone. As Cousins huddled the offense and called a run play for Rob Kelley, the players remembered rallying around their belief.

“Come on, man,” they told each other. “We can get it. We’ve got it. Come on, Let’s go.”

Cousins had the final word.

“We’ve got to get it in here,” he said. “This is the last chance we have to get it in.”

With 59 seconds remaining, Kelley dove into the end zone.

“I don’t think it was the run that was the highlight in that game,” Kelley said. “I think it was the moment in the huddle. It was like, ‘We’re going to do it or not.’ We did it.”

...Afterward, Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman — a fiery competitor who once screamed, “You mad, bro?” at Tom Brady in lieu of postgame pleasantries — approached Cousins. He looked at the quarterback and hugged him.

“Hey, respect,” Sherman said to Cousins.

Yes, respect. So much respect.

For as difficult as this season has been, Washington is still alive. This victory, no matter how ugly, will be remembered as a beautiful representation of a team always willing to fight.

2 hours ago, grego said:

What are you basing this on? 

Seatle Drafts -    2010 - 1rst round offensive tackle
                           2011 - 1rst round offensive tackle
                           2014 - 2nd round Tackle
                           2015 - with their 3rd and 4th pick they chose Guards
                           2016 - 1rst round offensive tackle, 3rd round guard (6th Center)
                           2017 - 2nd round Center

47 minutes ago, purbeast said:

LOL.

Nope. I was merely putting up the stats because that's a big thing for pro-Kirk peeps.

and again this wasn't anything about pro or con Kirk. This was about Wilson and his game and he looked good. I've been fairly level headed about Kirk over the last week. This game wasn't a great game either statistically or just in how he looked but he was clutch as **** in that drive and that's all you can ask for. There is really no other way to evaluate Kirk's game today.

20 minutes ago, Stefanskins said:

Seatle Drafts -    2010 - 1rst round offensive tackle
                           2011 - 1rst round offensive tackle
                           2014 - 2nd round Tackle
                           2015 - with their 3rd and 4th pick they chose Guards
                           2016 - 1rst round offensive tackle, 3rd round guard (6th Center)
                           2017 - 2nd round Center

They're drafted OL as well as the browns have QB. Seattle continues to have one of the worst OL in the league. It really went to **** when they sent Unger to NO.

Russell Wilson absolutely stunk today. Anyone who says otherwise needs to go to KDawg's remedial football clinic. 

Wilson was just ... abysmal ... except for (maybe) one series in the 4th quarter where his only good drive and that TD pass to Baldwin came from a blown coverage, on a wide-ass-open receiver, crossing the entire field, as free and clear as me running naked on a Mexican beach. 

I honestly don't trust any ESer here who won't acknowledge that Wilson, today, was actually really bad and truthfully worse than Cousins (who wasn't great, but clutch, and clearly more effective at pocket passing). 

Cousins' defensive adversary was more talented and cumulatively better than the Redskins defensive counterparts to Wilson. Comparatively, Wilson had an easier task, imo, yet looked worse. 

And I'll go a step further, Wilson was a ****ing gimmick today. Yes, the same gimmick term that was bandied about regarding RG3, but in a slightly different way.

Wilson straight up could not throw the ball from the pocket today to save his life. He just scrambled and school-yarded his way to bull**** results. 

And his successful passes downfield were all (seemingly) from ad lib, breaking from the original design, type scramble routes. 

It was straight up sandlot football. It was amateurish. 

And while, admittedly frustrating as he escaped the pocket to run, it was not surprising, because he's always gimmicked his way out of a defense accounting for all 10 guys by squirting out of the pocket and running for yardage. 

But lots of fans love school-yard NFL football. Lots of people laud school-yard ad-libbing, whether it be Rodgers or Rapesherburger. People cheer for it, those guys have rings, so that somehow legitimizes it. 

Yet, Wilson tucked and ran a bunch of times after not having his 1st read there. Ultimately a scared QB. And a lot of his statistical passes were throwaways after he squirted out of the pocket and still couldn't find **** to throw to.  

I mean, **** me if this wasn't the case, but I'd be willing to say they actually design plays to never be passes, just Wilson runs. Just line up in Shotgun, spread everyone out, upon snap just look to one side for a primary ... but with no intention of ever throwing it, and then after a tick, Wilson picks the natural gap in the defensive rush and simply use his athleticism to squirt out and run for yardage.

He's so damn good at it that he literally can bait defenders to hit him at that twilight zone between the in-bounds and out-of-bounds along the sideline.  

He's a master at it. Almost got Brown with a penalty on it. He's a master at beating the Spy the majority of the time.

And yet, it's just pee-wee level bull****. And I can't believe no one can see how Wilson was the worse QB today than Cousins. 

Now, I've seen better from Wilson in terms of pocket passing and execution. So I admit that he's been better in the past. But today resembled a Wilson performance that I've seen plenty of times in his career. This wasn't just some enormous anomaly. 

And what's so ****ing AMAZING, is that Wilson has a Super Bowl ring. That dude has a ring.

And that superbowl team wasn't some complex offense either. It was basic west coast stuff. It was no different than standard Shanahan (the red one): TE drag, bootleg, RB/FB dumpoffs, zone stretch and Wilson doing Steve Young scramble stuff.

Cousins, if given that seattle defense of 2013 and 2014, is playing for a Lombardi. No question. 

And since remnants of that monster seattle defense, the best since the '85 Bears (arguably), which propelled them to multiple superbowl appearances, still exists, in part, albeit not nearly as dominate anymore, that's why I say Cousins had the harder task today.

Because that's still a hard place to play and a hard defense to defeat. The Redskins defense was good today, but not 1991 good. 

In summary: We can win with Cousins. 

Did anyone listen to Kirk's presser after the game? The reason I ask is because he said because of snow, rain and wind it was harder to grip the cold ball. Jay probably had him playing it safe after what happened last week. 

I did notice that in the 4th QT the rain had stopped. It was easier for Kirk to throw the deep balls. Makes sense. 

He also said that he called that play to Doctson at the LOS against a press coverage look. If you watch the highlights you will see Kirk throwing the ball right away to Doctson. Maybe he threw it a half a second too early or maybe he threw it over his head a tad bit because he knows that Doctson can pull it in. It is better to that then to have the ball intercepted if thrown behind him. 

Not sure how many of you have played the position of QB and how important the timing is. It is very hard to get the timing just right and throw a dime on very throw.... and no I haven't played the position of QB either but I can relate to the timing part and just hitting it right. Easier said then done. 

Regardless, it was a huge clutch play from Kirk to keep our playoff hopes alive, for the moment at least. You get rest of the hurt players back in December when it matters the most and you can make some noise and go deep into the playoffs. :)

Yap yap yap yap, we have a 50/50 QB. Good enough to win some and dumb sometimes to lose as much. He skidish under duress and has bad mechanics when the heat is on. But when gets hot, he can carve up most defenses in the league. 

My only issue is with him is the accuracy. He looks like Cutler at times, but he just won in Seattle.

Lets give the guy a break, because there hasn't been a NFC QB to do that outside of the West in a while.

And leave Wilson out of this, the Richmond native was born and raised in Redskins country. 

Archived