Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Common Kirk....I just don't know....

Riggo'sRangers

30 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Here's the thing, I don't give a Rats ass about the rest of the game.  My point still stands, ****roach.  Here you are immediately following the game hating for hatings sake.  I'd venture a guess you were probably trashing Kirk to anyone that would listen for 58 minutes and now are kinda salty he played like a boss for the W.  

Umm. He deserved to be trashed for those first 58 minutes?

3 minutes ago, maebu2 said:

A QB that had De Andre Hopkins, Will Fuller, Lamar Miller and a healthy O-line???? Yeah, Seattle knew that we didn't have anything like that so we were not going to put up those numbers against them. Kirk engineered a game winning drive on the road in a hostile environment, he deserves kudos.

Because the Seattle D of the last few years hasn't seen all this before?

Maybe it was a random week against the Texans but it seems like to me that this wouldnt have happened to earlier versions of Pete Carrolls Seattle D

1 minute ago, Bunny Kelly said:

Maybe it's the time difference but i dont understand, you were slagging off Denver for having a great D(at least under Phillips)? My point is for having good D, which I think we have, I dont think you can justify paying the 'elite' money for your QB, obv Simian is bad & KC is better but contracts wise we are talking totally different numbers.

It's all about value for $ spent, hence why GMSM was right for moving on from DJ & PG, Pryor bombing was unfortunate but it doesnt mean we should have resigned either of those.

Also the first point i made was about KC padding his stats as he knows there is a good chance of hitting FA this season, does than not explain  4yd completion on 3 & 7 as we often see?

you really think Kirk is just trying to pad his stats?  ok, that's just silly, tells me all i need to know

i'd pay kirk a market value contract every day of the week and never look back

22 minutes ago, Alexa said:

so he had two terrible picks, could've had a few more and takes a terrible sack at the end and he's worth his salary, yet kirk isn't worth his. i'm confused. 

He's allowed to make mistakes just as Kirk is. The difference is as always the eye test. He was always trying to make things happen whether with his arm or with his legs. The picks weren't great. No queston, but I admire a QB that tries to make things happen. The Compton INT was inexcusable. I won't give him credit for trying to get rid of the ball in the face of Brown's rush. That was a bad pass. By no means was her perfect. Yet from a statistical POV, he still almost threw for 300 yards (297) and ran for close to 80 and had his own clutch drive at the end. He got every one of his playmakers involved In the game and if it weren't for I think 9 offensive penalties and 3 missed FGs this game could have been a different story. If you couldn't see Wilson as a constant threat every time the hawks had the ball then I don't know what to tell you. 

2 minutes ago, zskins said:

JP Finley: Josh Doctson doesn't like to talk to media much. He said he is the Silent Assassin. Kirk needs to keep this Silent Assassin very happy or else... lol

Or else whAt, he'll pout on the sidelines and complain about a cramp? Dude hasn't earned it yet.

Just now, clskinsfan said:

That's what the gameday thread is for.

We're talking about the quarterback that many of the critics here believe never gets it done when it matters.  Plays like crap most of the game albeit vs. a stout D, on the road, with dudes who showed up two weeks ago up front, and no running game to speak of.  Gets it done when it matters.  Team wins a game they never should have won.  Sorry but yeah I think it's laughable that folks are in here at this very moment talking crap. Definitely not surprised by it though.

Cousins looked terrible majority of the game. But dude made the throws he needed to make on the last drive and the team won.

Good defense and a good catch by doctson, plus bad penalties and missed kicks by the seahawks.

Sometimes you get help when you need it. Lord knows we've watched the redskins be on the other side of the one enough over the last 10 years.

3 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

He's allowed to make mistakes just as Kirk is. The difference is as always the eye test. He was always trying to make things happen whether with his arm or with his legs. The picks weren't great. No queston, but I admire a QB that tries to make things happen. The Compton INT was inexcusable. I won't give him credit for trying to get rid of the ball in the face of Brown's rush. That was a bad pass. By no means was her perfect. Yet from a statistical POV, he still almost threw for 300 yards (297) and ran for close to 80 and had his own clutch drive at the end. He got every one of his playmakers involved In the game and if it weren't for I think 9 offensive penalties and 3 missed FGs this game could have been a different story. If you couldn't see Wilson as a constant threat every time the hawks had the ball then I don't know what to tell you. 

well as far as 300 yard games kirk has plenty of those. I just have the feeling with some of you, had kirk had a 300 yard game and thrown a couple of picks, and took a game ending sack, some of you'd be calling for him to be benched. yet when Wilson does it he's admired. 

and for the record, I love Wilson as a player. he's really turned into a really good qb.

Just now, bigkobe81 said:

What's your problem lol? I'd love for you to quote where I was "talking crap" about Cousins. 

I don't have a problem.  I'm ecstatic we won a game that I've felt nothing but doom about for a week.

I couldn't be more happy to watch the QB struggle mightily for most of the game only to make big boy throws for the W.  The last thing I would think about doing no matter who the QB was is make the discussion about what he didn't do.

Just now, Alexa said:

well as far as 300 yard games kirk has plenty of those. I just have the feeling with some of you, had kirk had a 300 yard game and thrown a couple of picks, and took a game ending sack, some of you'd be calling for him to be benched. yet when Wilson does it he's admired. 

and for the record, I love Wilson as a player. he's really turned into a really good qb.

I'd never at any point said he should be benched. Even I think that's ludicrous. But Kirk played it relatively safe for the first 58 minutes and really on that last drive it was a completely different story. No shame in playing it safe considering the injuries and the defense we were facing but it would has been a shame to see a great performance by the defense go to waste had Kirk not turned it up in the last minute. Me personally I'm more forgivable towards aggressive QBs that make mistakes during a game because they take risks. That's just me. Especially in defensive slugfests like this where yards are hard to come by. Up until that last drive Kirk played like a safe game manager, which, again, is fine. He showed up big time on that last drive but it was such a glaring departure from how the rest of the game went.

Also, whether you like it or not, leashes and justifications are longer for proven QBs especially super bowl winning QBs.

16 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

You are never going to get the Kirk cultists to admit he ever plays poorly.   It is not even worth your time to try to have a balanced discussion about Kirk Cousin's. He sucked for the first 58 minutes.   He over threw and he under threw. He should have taken off like Wilson when the pocket collapsed. He didn't even throw the ball away when he should have; pocket awareness was almost rookie like. It was like watching a deer in the headlights for most of the game.   

BUT the he came through at the end of the game and he deserves props for that.  Thank you Kirk for a BIG time score.  Best drive of the year.  Keeps the season alive.

And more then that he will trust Doctson.  He will trust Sprinkle. We have literally gone from the receiving corpse to the receiving corps in one drive.  And we won the game...HTTR!!!!  This is a huge win and has revitalized my belief in this team.  Our Defense was kick ass and won the game for us.

7 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I'd never at any point said he should be benched. Even I think that's ludicrous. But Kirk played it relatively safe for the first 58 minutes and really on that last drive it was a completely different story. No shame in playing it safe considering the injuries and the defense we were facing but it would has been a shame to see a great performance by the defense go to waste had Kirk not turned it up in the last minute. Me personally I'm more forgivable towards aggressive QBs that make mistakes during a game because they take risks. That's just me. Especially in defensive slugfests like this where yards are hard to come by. Up until that last drive Kirk played like a safe game manager, which, again, is fine. He showed up big time on that last drive but it was such a glaring departure from how the rest of the game went.

Also, whether you like it or not, leashes and justifications are longer for proven QBs especially super bowl winning QBs.

Games like today are where you DON'T want your QB to take unnecessary risks. It's a defensive game. Give yourself a chance. Cousins did that.

No he didn't put up a monster statistical game, but no QB puts up 16 of those a year. He was clutch at the end and made the throws he had to. End of story.

24 minutes ago, petedaddy said:

you really think Kirk is just trying to pad his stats?  ok, that's just silly, tells me all i need to know

i'd pay kirk a market value contract every day of the week and never look back

Yes.  And once again many, many fans think that Pete.  Who are you?  Cousin's agent?  You jump in every time someone suggests this.   It is just weird dude.  And you insult everyone that disagrees with your "expert" opinions.....:rofl89:

Archived