Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Schefter: Su'a Cravens Considering Retirement

Conn

5 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I can see them cutting or trading him for a 7th, then he goes to the Pro Bowl as a member of the Carolina Panthers.  

Nope, he'll sign with the Eagles and grab the Interception that will seal the game. Allowing them to earn their first SB trophy...

14 minutes ago, allskinz said:

In his defense, the cop apparently claimed to smell pot from his car (a moving vehicle) and had him in the back of the cop car for 30 minutes while searching his car and finding nothing. Seems a bit suspicious, right? 

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

In his defense, the cop apparently claimed to smell pot from his car (a moving vehicle) and had him in the back of the cop car for 30 minutes while searching his car and finding nothing. Seems a bit suspicious, right? 

Note the tint on the windows too..  I'm sure we are only hearing one side of the story.  I'm not defending either side, just tired of all the drama that is the Washington Redskins.

They were talking about this on the radio this afternoon.  Cravens claimed he was pulled over for going 39 in a 35, but it was actually a school zone where the required speed is 25, so he was 14MPH over to begin with. 

The key here is that a mature individual goes about this situation differently if they truly believe they were being profiled. 

The drama queen act he pulled doesn't surprise me given what little we actually know about the guy.

23 minutes ago, Destino said:

If he was speeding and had tinted windows the stop makes sense.  Only questions are why did they cuff him and search his car, and why does he seem so happy about it all? 

Didn't he jump out of the car after they pulled him?  That's a huge no, no.  Cops were probably thrilled that he did that, as it justified them being able to "smell weed" and then cuff him and search the car due to probable cause (coupled with the speeding and illegally tinted windows).  Absolutely sounds like racial profiling to me.  

2 hours ago, allskinz said:

Note the tint on the windows too..  I'm sure we are only hearing one side of the story.  I'm not defending either side, just tired of all the drama that is the Washington Redskins.

that's not Redskins drama

2 hours ago, Destino said:

Only questions are why did they cuff him and search his car, and why does he seem so happy about it all? 

One time my brother got stopped,supposedly for speeding.  He was from way out of state and the cops assumed he was transporting drugs.  They separated him and his friend, questioned them both, but he refused to let them search the van.  I guess K9 wasn't available, because the cops let them go after about half an hour.  They gave him a warning for going five over the limit, though.

So he admits to going 39 in what he believed was a 35 even though school zones are 25.  Then he tried to get out of the car. His windows are  dark,  as you can see in the video. Although not too dark since he was pulled over because he not only saw the color of his skin but was also able to see the tats on his neck. Let's not forget that going 39 in a 35 is still breaking the law although rarely enforced.  

If your car smells like weed, you get your car searched. If there's none in there, you get let go.  Why is this so hard to understand?  Plus theres not even an official complaint yet?

I'm all for people being called out when they are doing wrong but this sounds like a reach. IMO it sounds like a young man who's used to getting his way and wants some sympathy.     

18 minutes ago, LaxinFish29 said:

If your car smells like weed, you get your car searched. If there's none in there, you get let go.  Why is this so hard to understand?  Plus theres not even an official complaint yet?

While I agree that Su'a acted like an immature idiot over the event, the police seem to nearly always "smell weed" when they pull over anyone young.  It's a convenient excuse to search someone's vehicle.

44 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

While I agree that Su'a acted like an immature idiot over the event, the police seem to nearly always "smell weed" when they pull over anyone young.  It's a convenient excuse to search someone's vehicle.

I kind of agree.  I think Cravens is a child, I've been very critical of his behavior.  And yes getting out of the car is a terrible move.  But to say you smell weed when there was no weed, well that just doesn't happen to an old white guy like me.  I think he has a reason to be mad.

12 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

I watched that video and the only problem I have with any of it is that they keep calling him a "REDSKINS PLAYER".

He doesn't even qualify as a Redskins Cheerleader.

Yeah I thought the same thing.  Kind of like on one of those Entertainment shows they referred to the ex Wizard guard Nick Young as an "NBA star". LOL  

18 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

i read an article the other day where it said something like the brother admitted to smoking weed earlier.

here it is http://wjla.com/sports/content/redskins-sua-cravens-says-he-was-racially-profiled-during-traffic-stop-in-va-school-zone

"A sheriff's deputy says that Cravens' brother was in the car with him and admitted to smoking marijuana earlier."

now, what does he mean by 'earlier'.? 

(side note, i have been pulled over for speeding and put in a cruiser in cuffs for several minutes- all for driving on a suspended. and i've had my car searched for weed.)

If a passenger is dumb enough to volunteer info to police about laws he has broken, the driver has to live with the consequences.  Google Chris Rock Police for general guidance. 100% NSFW.

I really hope he hires Fred Davis as his attorney, or as a consultant, who then advises him to represent himself in court. We will need something to tide us over until next September.

Archived