Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Curious to hear what everyone thinks of Trump's recent uptick in approval.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/?cid=rrpromo

Do people really think he is doing a good job with the virus response (WTF?) or is this a kneejerk rallying around a POTUS during a crisis?

from a casual perspective if you tune in and see Trump on tv every day or check a couple clips on the news outlets, it seems like he is doing something at least.  Couple that with the fact that every world leader has seen a rise in approval ratings due to covid-19 (tho Trumps has risen far less than others)  and the fact that people are just more willing to give a president the benefit of the doubt during the initial stages of a nationwide crisis. I don’t expect these numbers to last or think it’s particularly worrisome 

58 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

32% is almost beyond imagination.

It's hard to process, my understanding is at its highest during Great Depression was in the mid to high 20% range, like 1 in 4, not 1 in 3.

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Curious to hear what everyone thinks of Trump's recent uptick in approval.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/?cid=rrpromo

Do people really think he is doing a good job with the virus response (WTF?) or is this a kneejerk rallying around a POTUS during a crisis?

B.

Because I remember Bush approval rating after 9/11.  The fact it's still barely a majority is a good sign considering how high it could be, or would be if damn near anyone else was president right now.

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Because I remember Bush approval rating after 9/11.  The fact it's still barely a majority is a good sign considering how high it could be, or would be if damn near anyone else was president right now.

Carter's approval went up 30 points after the hostages were taken in Iran

New Biden ad

Team Biden omits Klain's *current* title because they don't want to highlight the fact Joe would fill his cabinet with Wall St. guys and CEOs if he were to become president.

His venture capital firm has seeded such evil conglomerates as LivingSocial and Custom Ink t shirts. 

Using the same rhetorical device, Bernie Sanders is a multi-millionaire government insider who has lived in DC for 40 years and owns 3 houses. 

16 hours ago, nonniey said:

As PleaseBlitz pointed out the difference is between love and like.  Yeah the guys that loved their candidate were really enthusiastic about him/her problem was/is they generated an equal or greater counter (enthusiasm? or something) that would have driven people to vote against them.  No one is going to be voting against Biden and Biden will pick someone that is fairly moderate in most peoples eyes - Klobucher or Cuomo (slightly less moderate but now is an option). 

i'm sure i'm interpreting those poll numbers with my own confirmation bias (as much as I try to not do so). I thought biden was the guy after 2016 that could beat trump. he had a swagger and attitude, that seemed like it would match up well. that belief has waned over time, partly due to him not looking very sharp lately, and looking tired and quite old physically. i'm afraid joe rogan may be right when he said trump would eat him alive in debates. 

43 minutes ago, grego said:

i'm afraid joe rogan may be right when he said trump would eat him alive in debates. 

Trump cant talk either and hes not held down by pesky reality or truth. Debate performance opinion will split exactly how it is now. The sensible people who want the best for the country will lean overwhelmingly towards Joe. The rest of the trash will make excuses and except Trumps lies. 

Lets not act like any of that will change for Trump cause Joe is not as sharp as he once was. Trump is an idiot. He knows literally nothing and its obvious to everyone but himself. He will say more dumb as **** in his BEST moments that Joe ever will in his worst. It wont be close. Suggesting otherwise for any reason is just silly. 

42 minutes ago, grego said:

oh, you have way too much faith in humanity. :)

Naw im just assuming there are sensible people out there. Im not saying all people who vote for Biden are, im saying all of the sensible ones will vote for Biden. Nothing else makes sense at this point. I know you know it lol

13 hours ago, DoneMessedUp said:

Imagine needing someone to excite you to vote against Trump. 

And that is why Biden was the best choice for the Dems. Those who excited some would have caused others to sit out or even vote for Trump (cough cough Sanders).  Biden doesn't do that. (Klobucher could have been another in the Biden mold).

slapping the crap out of people---especially the elderly---and telling them it will be a daily occurrence if they don't get their head out of their ass is not only very much a no-no in decent civilized society but is also of course against the law

thus eliminating a very appealing behavior modification technique for dealing with bernie on this matter

Archived