Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

Just now, visionary said:

Not sure what they can do.  There are a lot of local elections going on too.

Ya, I don't want to unfairly throw flame at them, but I expected to her more out of them.  My understanding is some of these lawsuits aren't by them directly, which surprises me.

I'd figure they'd have more say in requesting the moving or even canceling them themselves.  Political Parties aren't in the Constitution, so I figured these elections, local or not, we're approved by the state where each party applies to have one, then it's up to the party to hold or even cancel them.

Isn't that what GOP is doing now that basically everyone has dropped out except Trump for their 2020 nomination?  Asking to keep from assuming here, wanting to be corrected if necessary.

3 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

There's a WI supreme court seat on the ballot, in addition to the local stuff visionary mentioned. 

Gotcha, so is that run by the state itself, not by either of the parties?  I can see that, parties ask to combine their nominees on ballots based on the elections, like votes for amendments are from the state.

Aside, I don't like public voting for judges, that sounds impossible to keep nonpartisan.

I think my NY prediction of the GOP winning full control will come true; though it won't be because they were leading in the polls.  After seeing what happens in Wisconsin; the GOP will make sure it will be hard for Democrat areas to vote.  The states where the GOP has full control; they will do what Wisconsin did.  Make sure polling stations in Democrat areas are limited.  Whether that's because they can't get enough people or say those areas are high coronavirus zones and have to limit polling stations.  They won't any extensions of mail-in ballots and trying to have no mail-in or limited mail-in ballots.   Basically, the GOP is going to steal the 2020 election.

6 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Guy won’t get re-elected in a depressed economy. Knows it too, so don’t be surprised if voter suppression becomes the primary electoral strategy.

I'm just not sold on Biden beating Trump even in a depressed economy.

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'm just not sold on Biden beating Trump even in a depressed economy.

The corpse of FDR would beat Trump in a depressed economy. This is a guy who won election by a margin of 70,000 votes distributed across three states, and has only gone on to become less popular since his election. 

Some kind of political juggernaut he isn’t. 

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

The corpse of FDR would beat Trump in a depressed economy. This is a guy who won election by a margin of 70,000 votes distributed across three states, and has only gone on to become less popular since his election. 

Some kind of political juggernaut he isn’t. 

Depressed economy won't matter. The GOP, where they have the power, will reduce polling stations in Dem areas. The GOP will be stealing this election.

Speaking of elections, what was the turnout yesterday in Wisconsin?

Archived