Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

2 minutes ago, visionary said:

Is that statement from him supposed to make us NOT want to vote for Biden?  

It made me think he's ignorant AND stupid. 

But that's just me. 

I would've asked for the phone numbers of all the right people to call. Most of this board would be better leaders. But that's not what we have. 

The Revelation is now. (and I'm not the least bit religious). Just sayin. 

Bernie didn't catch nearly enough flack from the media regarding him hyping that Rogan endorsement after courting it (he got some from other candidates, but that was largely ignored by the press). It should have been a more major issue sooner that he was going out of his way to curry favor with a sexist homophobe.

In the end, though, it probably did a good deal more harm than good. It's apparently a major reason why AOC wouldn't do more events with Bernie. 

Sanders’ ’narrow path’ to victory gets even narrower 

>>>Bernie Sanders insists he has a “narrow path” to the nomination. But he and his aides refuse to say what it is....<<<

Bernie knows he isn't getting the nomination, even if something happens to Joe.  He wants to amass as much delegates as he can; so he can have a say in the platform and tilt the platform and Joe to his views; as much as possible.

bernie may end up causing his faction to lose a whole mess of good ground previously gained in the democratic party...i don't mean just in terms of "how far left" the "progressives" have been said to have taken the party (overblown imo), i mean in terms of just any general positivity  being associated with bernie and those who make specifically supporting him their main priority at all times...and for too many of those folks, it's like that's their only priority ime

21 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

bernie may end up causing his faction to lose a whole mess of good ground previously gained in the democratic party...i don't mean just in terms of "how far left" the "progressives" have been said to have taken the party (overblown imo), i mean in terms of just any general positivity  being associated with bernie and those who make specifically supporting him their main priority at all times...and for too many of those folks, it's like that's their only priority ime

The idea for universal/single payer/medicare for all has never been more important than right now. If there was ever a time to get everyone on board with that, the time is right now. I don't see Biden pushing for any substantial, progressive healthcare movement, at most, he might solidify Obamacare (which is better than nothing). If Bernie staying in the race and FORCING Biden to take a better stance on health care is the result, than I'm all for it.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I mean, some of us already thought the dude was a moron a long time ago. But yeah, leaves little to no doubt now.

it would be more intellectually honest for him to say he's not voting or writing someone else in. It would still be ridiculously dumb, but at least you could follow some line of misguided intellect or principle. going to trump after supporting bernie just tells me he needs someone to call daddy

1 hour ago, Simmsy said:

The idea for universal/single payer/medicare for all has never been more important than right now. If there was ever a time to get everyone on board with that, the time is right now. I don't see Biden pushing for any substantial, progressive healthcare movement, at most, he might solidify Obamacare (which is better than nothing). If Bernie staying in the race and FORCING Biden to take a better stance on health care is the result, than I'm all for it.

Everyone's going to shift left on health care. Bernie won't cause Biden to shift left, events on the ground will. All Bernie is doing is sowing discord.

i already asked how the virus & the economic meltdown will affect how people will vote this fall and even for elections up until 2023.  I forgot to ask about turnout for this year's election.

Given the uncertainty about what conditions will be like in October/November, voting by mail should be an option everywhere.  It won't.  

The only places that will likely have voting by mail, in addition to the states that already do it now:

1. States where Dems completely control the Governorship and both branches of the state legislatures.

2. States where Dems completely control the legislatures & the GOP has the governorship.  The GOP governor will probably go along and buck Trump.

If the Dems control the governorship and at least one branch of the legislature; maybe they will get the other branch controlled by the GOP to go along.  It depends if they want to please their dear leader or not.

If the GOP has complete control or the GOP control the governorship and one branch of legislature; they aren't doing anything. They will not go against the wishes of their dear leader. This is in alot of key states.

So, we know GOP turnout will probably remain high but will the Dems still be high?  In states where Dems have to go out and vote; will they still do it?  If the second wave hasn't started; maybe?  What if the second wave breaks out in middle of October; will people want to risk getting the virus?  Even if everything favors Biden election; could a second wave occurring right before the election; tip the election to Trump, if Dem turnout is hurt by it?  I don't think GOP voters will care; they will only be concerned with keeping dear leader in power. I'm not sure about Dem voters.

If you end up in a state where you have to physically go and vote; will you risk getting the virus to vote Trump out?

I know here Florida, we will not have the vote by mail option. Desantis and the GOP legislature will not buck Trump on this one. They also, will have the view that vote by mail will lose them power.   I will physically vote and  take the risk.  Hey, if it ends up being the last thing I do, then so be it. 

2 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Sanders’ ’narrow path’ to victory gets even narrower 

>>>Bernie Sanders insists he has a “narrow path” to the nomination. But he and his aides refuse to say what it is....<<<

Bernie knows he isn't getting the nomination, even if something happens to Joe.  He wants to amass as much delegates as he can; so he can have a say in the platform and tilt the platform and Joe to his views; as much as possible.

I don't know if this is actually the reason Bernie is staying in, but the whole 'more delegates means more say in the platform' thing is just antiquated and wrong at this point. Does anyone seriously think Biden and his cronies will be like "Sorry, you only have 1000 delegates, you get no say in the platform. Oh wait, you have 1300 delegates? Well that changes everything!"???

The motivation to give Bernie any say is to solidify the base voters. The amount of delegates he has couldn't be less relevant. If anything, his continuing to fight provides less in incentive to listen to his demands. 

55 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I know here Florida, we will not have the vote by mail option. Desantis and the GOP legislature will not buck Trump on this one. They also, will have the view that vote by mail will lose them power.   I will physically vote and  take the risk.  Hey, if it ends up being the last thing I do, then so be it. 

I have voted by mail in Florida in the last three (minor) elections.  

Phone your county supervisor of elections.  (For mine, yu can use their website.)  Request they mail you a ballot.  (There's even an optiono for "mail me ballots for all elections for the next year".  

You can even request a ballot mailed to you by phone, a few days before the election.  If it's mailed to the address they have on file.  (If you want it mailed to a different address, you have to go into the office and show ID.  So I can't phone them and ask them to send your ballot, to my address.)  

Only requirement is that you have to do it early enough so that they can mail your package, post office can deliver it to you, you fill it out and mail it, and the post office get it back to the election office by election day.  (An election day postmark isn't good enough.  It has to be received in the office on election day or sooner.)  For practical purposes, if you're local, you have to request it 5-6 days before the election.  

3 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

If you end up in a state where you have to physically go and vote; will you risk getting the virus to vote Trump out?

For 3.5 years now, I've been looking forward to the day I can vote this A-hole out of office. I will do so no matter the cost. I've even instructed a couple of friends, that if the virus gets me, they are to Weekend at Bernie's my corpse to the polls and make sure I am counted.

I'm not going to post it, because of all the profanity, but I highly recommend everyone find Tommy Lee's letter to Trump. As a sample, "If chlamydia and gonorrhea had a son, you'd appoint him HHS Secretary". Great stuff.

Edit- though it seems like Tommy might have just re-posted the letter and not written it. 

Archived