Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

No, it would be hilarious and I’d crack open the champagne but I’d ultimately be disappointed if he dies before seeing the country reject him in November 

maybe it would be for the best though. God being killed by a hoax would have to open a few eyes at least. 

nah, who am I kidding, Sean Hannity would be on the next day promoting a deep state assassination   

I'd usually say that Biden and the Dems need to play like they are down 50-36 right now, but I don't know. Ideally, you do things to get Don to go more off the rails. To ignore his team more and more. To eventually turn on everyone around him and even blame R's running for the Senate and Congress for not doing enough for him.

Other side of the coin is Biden and the Dems flipping to the positive and letting the PACs like RVAT and Lincoln Project handle the negative. 

15 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:
I'd usually say that Biden and the Dems need to play like they are down 50-36 right now, but I don't know. Ideally, you do things to get Don to go more off the rails. To ignore his team more and more. To eventually turn on everyone around him and even blame R's running for the Senate and Congress for not doing enough for him.

Other side of the coin is Biden and the Dems flipping to the positive and letting the PACs like RVAT and Lincoln Project handle the negative. 

They should keep doing what they're doing. Turn up the volume about their plans for the future. Explain, in clear terms, the plan for:

The economy (small biz/workers/farmers)

Police reform

Domestic race relations

International trade & diplomacy

Relationship with China

Joe will need to pounce during debates with clear & factual responses to the idiotic statements that will spew from White House Occupant's mouth. Oh, and pick the right VP.  

Keep letting White House Occupant show that he's irrelevant & the country is ready to move on from his insanity.  Keep his psycho ass on the defense. 

The “very unfavorable” cohort of 18-40 year old voters, is likely never to vote GOP in their lifetimes and will always remember this buffoonery. That’s greater than 60% of the entire age demographic. These aren’t just people who disapprove of Trump and the GOP, these are people who loathe the entire movement and the conservative project. 

Trump is a generational deathblow to the GOP. It’s really hard to understate how disliked conservatives are in the major metro centers of the country. It’s a visceral disdain to any and all symbols associated with right wing beliefs.

17 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Granted, GHWB, a self-effacing career public servant, had a recession during his term. But Gallup had him in the mid 30s approval in the several months before the election, and this current knucklehead is in the low 40s?

WTF is wrong with this country?

He got caught holding the bag on some of Reagan’s policies and subsequent recession. He also raised taxes in a compromise that he knew he had to agree to for the good of the country. And it probably helped Clinton as a result of it. 

The Bush Family has a podcast called “All the Best” and while I’m far from a Republican, it’s an excellent listen.

54 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

The “very unfavorable” cohort of 18-40 year old voters, is likely never to vote GOP in their lifetimes and will always remember this buffoonery. That’s greater than 60% of the entire age demographic. These aren’t just people who disapprove of Trump and the GOP, these are people who loathe the entire movement and the conservative project. 

Trump is a generational deathblow to the GOP. It’s really hard to understate how disliked conservatives are in the major metro centers of the country. It’s a visceral disdain to any and all symbols associated with right wing beliefs.

Its funny you say that, until I went up north to rural New York, I thought all rednecks were conservative. No, just the ones around here and down south. The GOP is has whittled its base and itself into a very limited and racist corner. In order to be a conservative at this point and time you either have to be a racist or completely ignorant. Either way, those are no longer valid excuses. The GOP as we know it today is on it's death knell, I think its a beautiful sight to behold.

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

Every time I thought the GoP was done for, they evolve and win a ton of elections.  I remember having an argument about the GoPs impending demise with Predicto back in like 2014.  He said I was being naive, I made arguments based on demography, and he said "I've seen a lot more elections than you."  He was right.  I will never again underestimate the GoPs ability to rebrand and win elections.  They are expert at it.  And moneyed interest will always have tremendous power in our political system.  And I guarantee that as the 18-40 cohort ages and gets some property, they will become more conservative and more sympathetic to the messages of the conservative party.  And everyone begins feeling fear and confusion when confronted with change at some point in their lives.  It's human nature and the GoP has as clear eyed an understanding of human nature as anyone and they are incredibly good at influencing people via their nature.  They're never going away.

5 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Its funny you say that, until I went up north to rural New York, I thought all rednecks were conservative. No, just the ones around here and down south. The GOP is has whittled its base and itself into a very limited and racist corner. In order to be a conservative at this point and time you either have to be a racist or completely ignorant. Either way, those are no longer valid excuses. The GOP as we know it today is on it's death knell, I think its a beautiful sight to behold.

It really is a cluster**** for them. By supporting Trump no matter what he does, current GOP lawmakers may very well have completely doomed their party for the foreseeable future. They have a core group of asshats who are their only voting bloc now that Trump has shaken off almost all moderates and independents.

If Biden wins in November I'll be very curious what the GOP as a whole will do. They will have pulled out all the possible stops to suppress voting and dampen turnout for non-Republicans and it won't have worked. Trump's cult will follow him to the end so if the GOP decides to try and re-brand themselves and say they're now rejecting Trumpism, they'll lose his voters...which are now their only voters. On the other hand, if they keep following Trumpism, they'll keep those voters but will know that the majority of Americans don't want that **** and won't win elections.

****ed if you do, ****ed if you don't. 

I still think Mitch saw this coming anyway, to be honest. The GOP's "policies" are for the most part wildly unpopular nowadays, the demographics are changing, and there's only so much voter suppression can do beyond a certain point. Mitch is an awful ****er but he's not stupid. I think he saw the writing on the wall and sided with Trump so he could jam as many conservative judges into the courts as possible. That's basically the only way they'll be able to get anything they want in the near future if they start losing elections...just hope their conservative judges and SCOTUS justices will rule in their favor. 

As long as we’re talking voter suppression, just remember that Bernie Bro and TrumpKlan got on the same page Regarding Tara Reade to remove Biden from the ticket...while he was cleaning up in the primaries with the black vote and the women’s vote.

Sure seems like a form of voter suppression to me.

Know your enemy.

2 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

They should keep doing what they're doing. Turn up the volume about their plans for the future. Explain, in clear terms, the plan for:

The economy (small biz/workers/farmers)

Police reform

Domestic race relations

International trade & diplomacy

Relationship with China

Joe will need to pounce during debates with clear & factual responses to the idiotic statements that will spew from White House Occupant's mouth. Oh, and pick the right VP.  

Keep letting White House Occupant show that he's irrelevant & the country is ready to move on from his insanity.  Keep his psycho ass on the defense. 

100%. The biggest impediment Joe has to winning is voter enthusiasm for himself. One of the (many) mistakes Hillary made in 16 was not spending enough effort making a case for voting for her, rather than just voting against Trump. I'm not sure I ever saw a pro-Hillary ad on TV, but I saw a ton of anti-Trump ones. Yeah, we know Trump sucks. But voters have a (justified) distrust of a candidate who can only tell you why you shouldn't vote for the other guy rather than why you should vote for them.

I'd like to see Biden spend at least thru the convention in building himself up, making the case for his Presidency. There was some focus group testing that showed his most effective ads were the ones where he talks directly to the camera. Keep doing that. Keep telling people what your vision is. Show people a bright future, give them a reason to be hopeful. There will be time to go back after Trump in the fall.

Besides, The Lincoln Project is doing pretty well on the negative stuff. Leave it to them for now. 

6 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I'd like to see Biden spend at least thru the convention in building himself up, making the case for his Presidency. There was some focus group testing that showed his most effective ads were the ones where he talks directly to the camera. Keep doing that. Keep telling people what your vision is. Show people a bright future, give them a reason to be hopeful. There will be time to go back after Trump in the fall.

Besides, The Lincoln Project is doing pretty well on the negative stuff. Leave it to them for now. 

Agreed. I think this is probably how I'd play the game. I'd let the Lincoln project and others handle the barbs and mudslinging 75% of the time, only wading into the slime on very specific and targeted issues. The rest of the time, I'd spend building up Joe and his vision for what America should be and what he wants to do positively.

On the other hand, keeping Trump on the defensive and beating him with the Loser-stick is essential because Trump can't help becoming defensive and his primary message is "I'm strong. I'm a winner. You want to be like me."

Edit: On the other, other hand, I'm probably a terrible person to take advice from on how to play politics so don't listen to anything I wrote above. :)

44 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Every time I thought the GoP was done for, they evolve and win a ton of elections.  I remember having an argument about the GoPs impending demise with Predicto back in like 2014.  He said I was being naive, I made arguments based on demography, and he said "I've seen a lot more elections than you."  He was right.  I will never again underestimate the GoPs ability to rebrand and win elections.  They are expert at it.  And moneyed interest will always have tremendous power in our political system.  And I guarantee that as the 18-40 cohort ages and gets some property, they will become more conservative and more sympathetic to the messages of the conservative party.  And everyone begins feeling fear and confusion when confronted with change at some point in their lives.  It's human nature and the GoP has as clear eyed an understanding of human nature as anyone and they are incredibly good at influencing people via their nature.  They're never going away.

Trump was an accelerant to the demographic changes that were slowly taking shape even back in 2014. I think we’ll see right wing ideas rebranded. I don’t think it will be under the GOP banner. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Democrats evolve into a center right, socially liberal party and we end up with a new left wing party. But the social conservativism project that the GOP embarked on is mostly dead in almost every populous region of the country. The economic ideas might get repackaged, but the abhorrent social agenda is just not going to fly in a country where liberalism has taken over the cultural centers.

The demographic change isn’t just “young people hate conservatism until they get older and own property”. The under 40 crowd has a huge segment of non-white Americans who will always associate the GOP with racism, bigotry and opposition to our families and existence in the country. 

The expansion of Democrats in wealthy suburbs has largely happened on the backs of wealthy Asian Americans. Yeah, some previously white Republicans are turned away from the GOP, but areas like Loudoun and Orange County are competitive swing districts now because a lot of non-white college educated millennials have bought property in these areas and they all mostly loathe the GOP. And we’re friends with our white neighbors, our families interact and kids play together so the bigotry that wins the GOP votes in rural counties just doesn’t work on people who may previously voted for them. 

No amount of messaging is saving them here after Trump. To be associated with the Republican Party is to be seen as a bigot and a moron in too many major centers of the country. This has a huge effect on the local level, when it comes to organizing. The neighborhood where my family lives in Loudoun County has former local Republicans now working in the Democratic groups and the local GOP is just about dead. And that directly translates to the sorry state the VA GOP is in right now.

4 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

biden has a nice lead in pretty much all polls. In addition Trump hasn’t found anything yet that will stick to Biden. You can tell this because at his Tulsa rally he basically said Biden isn’t a radical left but he can’t stop the radical left. 

Biden needs to focus on defining himself in his ads. His kindness, his compassion, his leadership and outline his policies that also reflect these and how they will benefit the American people. Define yourself among the voters before Trump can and there will be nothing Trump can do

let the other groups handle the attacks, Biden can still mix one in now and then but I think he needs to shift the conversation to himself 

Archived