Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

51 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I am still assuming all the usual states go blue/red and that Biden has to win the 3 battleground states that Hillary lost.  

No he doesn't.  Biden has more paths to winning than Trump does.  

Hillary won 232, so Biden needs to win those plus another 38 EVs.

Wisconsin- 10

Michigan- 16

Pennsylvania- 20

Ohio- 18

Iowa- 6

Florida- 29

Arizona- 11

Georgia- 16

North Carolina- 15

Texas- 36

Texas is not likely but he should still spend some time there to force GOP to spend money there.  Whatever combo gets 270 from those other 9 states besides Texas, is where Joe should be campaigning heavily in.    He may not win all those 9 states but he may help down the ticket.  I definitely wouldn't put all the eggs in the Midwest basket.   Joe has a legit shot in Arizona and Florida. He could win those 2 and not need any other state.  Ideally; you hope Joe wins at least 7 of the 9 states mentioned.  That would give him a comfortable win, comparable to Obama's reelection in 2012.

**** the left.   If the left decide to sit this one out because their preferred candidate wasn't on the ticket or Joe isn't a diehard lefty; then they deserves the horrors that await them in a 2nd Trump term.   Trump will make it near impossible for the change the left wants to happen; if Trump gets 4 more years. 

4 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

we better get more out of Texas turning blue than one 2 term presidency and half of another term

Yeah, I was thinking that as well. But I'm also assuming that, at some point after Texas turns blue, Republicans are going to either shift their policies and approaches in a major way or completely disband and create new parties, even if out of pure survival. Sort of like what the Democrats did after Reagan and Papa Bush; they had been roundly rejected en masse by the electorate and so they made a deliberate shift to the right on many issues and became much more centrist or even center-right.

The result is the pretty centrist Dem party that we've had since Bill Clinton. But the electorate is now swinging back the other way on multiple issues, so I wouldn't be surprised to see many Republicans in 10 years being very much what would be considered "center-left" nowadays. There's simply no other way for them to survive. 

Presidential Job Approval Related to Reelection Historically

President Donald Trump's prospects of winning a second term in office will be closely tied to the level of his job approval rating. Historically, all incumbents with an approval rating of 50% or higher have won reelection, and presidents with approval ratings much lower than 50% have lost.

Presidential Job Approval Ratings of Incumbents Seeking Reelection
  Year June of reelection year Final measure before election Won reelection
    % Approve % Approve  
Note: Gallup did not take presidential approval ratings for Truman, Johnson, Nixon and Ford after June. The final ratings for other presidents are in late October or early November, except for Eisenhower (August) and Carter (September). June data are based on an average of polls conducted during the month.
GALLUP
Obama 2012 46 52 Yes
G.W. Bush 2004 49 48 Yes
Clinton 1996 55 54 Yes
G.H.W. Bush 1992 37 34 No
Reagan 1984 54 58 Yes
Carter 1980 32 37 No
Ford 1976 45 n/a No
Nixon 1972 59 n/a Yes
Johnson 1964 74 n/a Yes
Eisenhower 1956 72 68 Yes
Truman 1948 40 n/a Yes

George W. Bush is the only recent president who had an approval rating above 40% but lower than 50% at the time of the election -- the same range where Trump is now. Bush won a second term in 2004 when his approval rating was 48% in the final Gallup poll taken before the election. However, he did register multiple approval ratings of 50% or higher in the weeks leading up to the election, a level Trump has yet to reach in his presidency.

Click on the link for more

Granted, GHWB, a self-effacing career public servant, had a recession during his term. But Gallup had him in the mid 30s approval in the several months before the election, and this current knucklehead is in the low 40s?

WTF is wrong with this country?

1 hour ago, visionary said:

Harris getting torn up by the left over this right now:

I wonder if there was more to her answer.

I don't see a problem here, that format is designed for them to rip each other apart and still have beers afterwards because they in the same party.

That clip doesn't show her saying she didn't mean it, just it was a debate.  Does that mean she didn't care about any of it, just saying what would cause him the most amount of damage?

Might as well get angry at the debate format in general, we've been doing that in one form or another for 200 years now. It's really not in her interest to say there bad blood between them anyway right now, what did folks expect?

Big reason why I think Harris hasn't commented about VP as much as some other folks is because I think she was first pick all along, and instructed to not add anything to bring that decision into question while they go through the motions on vetting other folks.

trump's event in az today should be packed (mentioned aspects of this in the covid thread cuz they fit there)

i was reminded earlier that it's being held in a rightwing megachurch and the pastors and campaign had been pumping the evang churches in the  region for their flocks to attend and really ramped it up after last night going for last minute pushes

but ther's a ton of 10-20 year olds there and it's super white even for a trump rally, but think of all the crazy **** those kids will hear from him and get told it's the way to go...course they've had their parents telling them crazy **** all their lives...sad to see so many still embracing it all so happily even after they're older

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

trump's event in az today should be packed (mentioned aspects of this in the covid thread cuz they fit there)

i was reminded earlier that it's being held in a rightwing megachurch and the pastors and campaign had been pumping the evang churches in the  region for their flocks to attend and really ramped it up after last night going for last minute pushes

but ther's a ton of 10-20 year olds there and it's super white even for a trump rally, but think of all the crazy **** those kids will hear from him and get told it's the way to go...course they've had their parents telling them crazy **** all their lives...sad to see so many still embracing it all so happily even after they're older

The crowd is full of potential super spreaders. Possibly Asymptomatic. Their parents, grandparents, people they come across after this will be at higher risk. 

Archived