Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

I was thinking of throwing Bannon out there as well, but to be honest I don't think Bannon would be that interested even if Trump asked him, which I doubt. In watching his interviews and reading some of what he's written after being with Trump I got the distinct impression that Bannon considered Trump to be a complete dip**** and didn't really like him at all personally, but he knew that Trump was a dip**** who he could very easily manipulate into pushing platforms and things that he wanted and to get him into places of power he didn't have access to before. He still carries Trump's water somewhat in interviews now, but he almost does it in a sly winking half joking manner...you can sorta tell he know he's completely bull****ting and is basically enjoying it.

As far as Kellyanne, I don't think she'd be interested at all. She's always been a 100% hired gun, and I doubt she'd want the stress of the job anyway. Right now she has a cushy job where she get's paid a big salary and undoubtedly gets big money in other areas for this or that, as well as having access to tons of power. I'm honestly not even sure what she does anymore. She'll pop up and hold a brief presser or do an interview on Fox every so often to defend Trump and then disappear again. Does she even have an office anymore? 

I was saying it partly in jest. But, I have little doubt Conway would jump back in. She's been as big a water carrier as Trump has had. Don't know why we think she'd pass on a chance to perform what is probably her literal dream job for a few months for a ton of money.

Bannon would be the question mark. But, for all the rancor at the time of his departure from the Administration, he still talks as if Trump is his guy. And, apart from just the dogmatic alignment, jumping back into bed with Trump would restore his credibility with the RWNJs who are both his and Trump's base. He's taken some hits with that group, but running the campaign would salve many of those wounds, win or lose. 

This is one of my all time favorite documentaries. Its always relevant imo. Even more so during campaign season. Lee A****er was a truly great political strategist. Shame he was a evil Republican. 

The dirty trickster southern strategy will continue on for the foreseeable future unfortunately. 

12 hours ago, mistertim said:

Who the hell would even be left now to manage Trump's campaign if he gets rid of Parscale and sidelines Jared? That article mentions bringing back Lewandowski...

I liked this quote in the Vanity Fair article on the possibility of Lewandowski taking over, attributed to "a person close to Trump":

“Corey was great when it was just Trump and an airplane. But let’s face it, he couldn’t manage a 7-Eleven,”

9 hours ago, clietas said:

This is one of my all time favorite documentaries. Its always relevant imo. Even more so during campaign season. Lee A****er was a truly great political strategist. Shame he was a evil Republican. 

The dirty trickster southern strategy will continue on for the foreseeable future unfortunately. 

Am I the only one who finds it completely apt that his name is censored as a curse word?  :ols:

On a more serious note...something I'm curious about with guys like Lee A****er, and it sort of segues into another conversation that went on recently about whether all racists are morons. A****er was an objectively awful person but there's no denying that he was a very smart guy and a brilliant (but evil) strategist. 

So with a guy like that was undeniably intelligent but who pushed the racist southern strategy the way he did...do you think he was truly racist or did he not care one way or the other personally about another individual's ethnicity, but simply saw it as a lever to be pulled for political gain, despite the awful consequences?

Is there even a difference at that point?

11 hours ago, Hersh said:

Are we down to Kamala and Val Demmings for Biden VP? I did not realize Val Demmings was 63 years old. 

I wouldnt have thought that either.

But I'd be shocked if it wasnt one of those two.  If Biden were younger and a little spryer, I think he might make the pool wider.  Biden feels too shaky to go more than one term, so this person has to project the gravitas to take over sooner rather than later.

3 hours ago, visionary said:
She seems to have some support on the left, but she is old, though not as old as Warren, or obviously Biden.

It may be less important for this election, but the Dems need to start turning to younger leadership. 

31 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I wouldnt have thought that either.

But I'd be shocked if it wasnt one of those two.  If Biden were younger and a little spryer, I think he might maybe the pool would be wider.  Biden feels too shaky to go more than one term, so this person has to project the gravitas to take over sooner rather than later.

And a relatively unknown house rep from Florida projects the gravitas to be president?

Yeah there is no way Biden can have someone old as his VP. Its gotta be someone young that can relate to the new Democratic demographic. I'm not so sure Harris is that pick either though, but with the social unrest she might be the choice to at least seal the deal for election this year.

31 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

And a relatively unknown house rep from Florida projects the gravitas to be president?

Relatively unknown is debatable.  She was a big part of the impeachment hearings and all the hearings leading up to it, that were on TV all day, every day for months.  

And when she was in those settings, she projected the aforementioned gravitas.  When you get your moment, what do you do with it? 

One thing important for whichever woman is chosen as the VP candidate is the ability to connect with ALL women.  They need to give off a strong sister vibe, with a message (not THE message but A message) that says "we've given these testosterone-laden  lumps 250 years, and look where we are. Let's get a woman's touch at the top. You with me girls?"  An identity politics message that will cut across racial and ideological lines and speak to half the population, while not alienating the lumps.

Demmings is impressive.

I just can't wait until Trump throws Pence overboard. It is almost surely going to happen. And then Pence will lose it -- might be a murder suicide in the Oval Office. "I DID EVERYTHING FOR YOU! I DIDN'T WEAR A MASK! I DIDN'T LOOK AT ANY MEN! EVERYTHING AND THEN YOU KICK ME TO THE CURB FOR THAT HUSSY FROM SOUTH CAROLINA!"

Good Numbers for late June. I still wouldn't take any resources from places like PA, OH, Mich and even now AZ to put into Texas. I get it, you want to force Don to push his resources there for defense. let the Lincoln Project types handle that. They are clearly better at this than any of the Dems.

4 hours ago, mistertim said:

Am I the only one who finds it completely apt that his name is censored as a curse word?  :ols:

On a more serious note...something I'm curious about with guys like Lee A****er, and it sort of segues into another conversation that went on recently about whether all racists are morons. A****er was an objectively awful person but there's no denying that he was a very smart guy and a brilliant (but evil) strategist. 

So with a guy like that was undeniably intelligent but who pushed the racist southern strategy the way he did...do you think he was truly racist or did he not care one way or the other personally about another individual's ethnicity, but simply saw it as a lever to be pulled for political gain, despite the awful consequences?

Is there even a difference at that point?

Well, God took care of A****er since he died of brain cancer not too long after Bush was elected.

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

I am still assuming all the usual states go blue/red and that Biden has to win the 3 battleground states that Hillary lost.  

I dunno...as far as I can remember I don't think any Dem POTUS candidate has been within the margin of error in Texas, no matter at what point in the campaign, in the last 40+ years. Texas looking to be a battleground state is huge, and the Republicans must be freaking the **** out right now. Once Texas goes blue, no Republican will win a presidential election for the next decade after that most likely. 

The A****er documentary was interesting, especially Roger Stone. Heck in one scene, Stone was helping Nixon get out of a car around the period of time the documentary was getting around to talking about A****er's brain cancer. It's a shame all the slanderous tactics are still used today, but I imagine that won't change soon. 

Also interesting, how many people from that documentary are still involved in those circles. 

Archived