Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

14 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

That's how Fox and RT do everything...with questions.  Ever notice the chyron on Fox?  almost always a question.

RT's slogan is "Question More", but they question everything.  And delve into some good topics like climate change, privacy protection, etc...but it always comes back to "we don't trust anyone or anything."

Yeah, and it's an insidious practice because there really isn't anything wrong with asking questions at all. The problem is when the motive of the person is not legitimately asking questions but trying to use the psychological backdoor of questioning to implant a crappy hypothesis in others' minds. It's basically the boilerplate method for most conspiracy theories. Don't tell people anything, ask "questions" so they'll think it was their idea and accept the premise with much less resistance. 

4 minutes ago, tshile said:

Re: video on oan

it’s less important its authenticity and what is going on and whether we’re capable of understanding an explanation or not

and more important whether the trumpers are fooled by it or not. 

Problem is, Trumpers don't need to be fooled. They've already fallen for the idea that the entire election was rigged hook, line, and sinker. So anything that can even remotely be made to look like "evidence" of that will be accepted without any question whatsoever. And they'll go on the attack against anyone who comes with facts that contradict it. There could be definitive evidence released tomorrow that the video didn't show anything bad at all. With physical proof. And they wouldn't buy it. They'd call the people coming out with the evidence "never Trumpers" or part of the "swamp" or "deep state". 

Reminds me of when a Trump supporter was being interviewed and was asked about a video of Biden falling asleep in an interview, which he was pointing to as proof that Biden was too senile to be POTUS. It was a doctored video, and the interviewer showed the guy actual evidence that it was doctored. The guy didn't care. And he stuck by his assertion because it was still something he could see Biden doing.

There's really no hope for these people.

Just now, mistertim said:

Problem is, Trumpers don't need to be fooled

Well in the sense that you’re talking about I agree. 

what I was thinking was more... there’s a line that if you cross well have people taking actions and things start to get actually bad, where is that line and how much closer to it is something like this?

lost cause. But what does it take for that to turn into action. 

18 minutes ago, tshile said:

what I was thinking was more... there’s a line that if you cross well have people taking actions and things start to get actually bad, where is that line and how much closer to it is something like this?

It's a good question. I'm not sure. I think it is more likely to be a slow boil than suddenly having right wing terrorist bombings. That's been the M.O. of Trump and his ilk, though probably not by strategy...it's just the nature of the beast. Over time bad things get normalized and even worse things start to happen until we get to the point where almost nothing fazes us. We now have ex-Generals literally calling for martial law and a military dictatorship and it's hardly even getting recognition.

Same with COVID. Would any of us have believed a year ago that we'd get to the point where a depressingly large percentage of the country would just collectively shrug at almost 3,000 people dying per day of a virus?

It sounds far-fetched but couldn't we also see low scale right wing terrorism start to become normalized to where half of the country eventually just shrugs at the occasional bombing? We've already become numbed to mass shootings. Who's to say we wouldn't become numb to right wing terrorism?

38 minutes ago, tshile said:

Will this turn into terrorism is a good question.  I ran into it in regards to General Flynn yesterday

But Paul Yingling, who was the deputy commander of future Trump national security adviser H.R. McMaster’s cavalry regiment in Iraq, said Flynn was now issuing an incitement to violence.

“Calling for unlawful new elections is an explicit call for violence to overturn lawful elections. Worse still, Flynn knows that he is calling for violence,” Yingling said.

“Flynn has fought enough terrorist networks to understand this pattern: before terrorists detonate, or emplace, or build bombs, a propagandist radicalizes that bomb-making network,” he continued. “Flynn is that propagandist.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bombs-off-blood-mike-flynn-222605755.html

what Trump and his cronies are doing here, wether it’s intentional or not, (and I wouldn’t be too quick to say that isn’t their intent) is create the reasoning for domestic terrorism.  

Free speech ends at shouting fire in a theater right?  If this leads to violence these lunatics need to be held accountable.

13 hours ago, mistertim said:

Don't tell people anything, ask "questions" so they'll think it was their idea and accept the premise with much less resistance. 

Which hilariously is also how you deal with difficult adults in business environments

convince them it was their idea so they’ll do the right thing

because simply making a solid case for the right thing isn’t good enough for a certain percentage of helpless adults. You have to convince them it was their idea to get their approval. 

it works great. It’s also pathetic when it’s necessary. But whatever. 

15 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

Have we rounded the corner on the Trump presidency?

We've rounded so many corners that we're spinning in circles now and getting very dizzy. 

Or maybe it's the authoritarian / military dictatorship talk that's making me dizzy. Hard to tell.

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

Which hilariously is also how you deal with difficult adults in business environments

convince them it was their idea so they’ll do the right thing

because simply making a solid case for the right thing isn’t good enough for a certain percentage of helpless adults. You have to convince them it was their idea to get their approval. 

it works great. It’s also pathetic when it’s necessary. But whatever. 

That's so true! I've head to learn some of that particular Aikido myself as I've progressed in my career. 

And you can almost always tell the ones who are going to require it within about 10 minutes of meeting them.

Sidney Powell must not have any family or friends that care about her, because if I knew was close to someone doing such bat **** crazy things, there would've been an intervention by now. She is legit crazy and needs help. 

6 minutes ago, mistertim said:

We've rounded so many corners that we're spinning in circles now and getting very dizzy. 

Or maybe it's the authoritarian / military dictatorship talk that's making me dizzy. Hard to tell.

That's so true! I've head to learn some of that particular Aikido myself as I've progressed in my career. 

And you can almost always tell the ones who are going to require it within about 10 minutes of meeting them.

Ikr?  It's almost like that reverse-psychology you gotta pull on teenagers...tell her you LOVE that dude and she'll run faster than Rudy's hair dye. 

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Sidney Powell must not have any family or friends that care about her, because if I knew was close to someone doing such bat **** crazy things, there would've been an intervention by now. She is legit crazy and needs help. 

She's another one of those people, very much like Rudy, where I really do wonder if they actually buy their own bull**** or if they know they're peddling bull**** but it's a big con and a grift. 

I think maybe they started out with it just being a grift/con but then they eventually started convincing themselves of their own lunatic theories. There's only so much that most people can be completely immersed in the conspiracy theory landscape before they start buying it themselves, I'd imagine. 

6 minutes ago, mistertim said:

She's another one of those people, very much like Rudy, where I really do wonder if they actually buy their own bull**** or if they know they're peddling bull**** but it's a big con and a grift. 

I think maybe they started out with it just being a grift/con but then they eventually started convincing themselves of their own lunatic theories. There's only so much that most people can be completely immersed in the conspiracy theory landscape before they start buying it themselves, I'd imagine. 

She believes what she is saying. I also don't understand the obsession with Michigan. That state wasn't close. 

22 minutes ago, mistertim said:

No lies lol. It takes about 30 seconds of introduction and the rest of the 9 minutes 30 seconds of them displaying their particular character flaws which always seem to revolve around some kind of narcissism in the long run, and you just know

My fav trick on folks like this is to use the things they say often against them. Using Trump as an example - If I were to try to explain to him how important something is I would use varying degrees of best ever, no one had ever seen before, YUGE and bigly. And his dumb ass would equate those words to himself, who is super smart, and then to me who must also be smart. People tell you so much about how to manipulate them when they only talk about themselves.  

20 minutes ago, mistertim said:

There's no fool like an old fool.

Rudy in particular was trying, desperately, to stay relevant. He found ignominy instead of relevance.

6 minutes ago, Llevron said:

No lies lol. It takes about 30 seconds of introduction and the rest of the 9 minutes 30 seconds of them displaying their particular character flaws which always seem to revolve around some kind of narcissism in the long run, and you just know

My fav trick on folks like this is to use the things they say often against them. Using Trump as an example - If I were to try to explain to him how important something is I would use varying degrees of best ever, no one had ever seen before, YUGE and bigly. And his dumb ass would equate those words to himself, who is super smart, and then to me who must also be smart. People tell you so much about how to manipulate them when they only talk about themselves.  

Additionally, if you're a woman and say something intelligent in a meeting, you'll be ignored. Then a few minutes later, a man will say the same thing with the rest of the men saying great idea! It happens everywhere.

9 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Additionally, if you're a woman and say something intelligent in a meeting, you'll be ignored. Then a few minutes later, a man will say the same thing with the rest of the men saying great idea! It happens everywhere.

This is particularly prevalent in science and engineering fields, and I've witnessed it play out multiple times.

My last restaurant was exactly like that when the original Italian grandma owner passed away last year.  Her son listens to no one but the dudes.  It was almost getting to be a frat house in there when I left.  All of us strong-willed women who knew what the hell we were doing are gone. 

Archived