Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

2 minutes ago, rdsknbill said:

Yeah Dan.  You obviously haven't changed much over they years.   I have a business to run.  I'm not sitting on my ass working "remotely", while on ES

Whoever said absence makes the heart grow fonder never met you.

9 minutes ago, rdsknbill said:

Yeah Dan.  You obviously haven't changed much over they years.   I have a business to run.  I'm not sitting on my ass working "remotely", while on ES

Going back to your OP on the election, where you couldn't believe that the people would not re-elect Trump just because they didn't like him? Well, no ****!  When you act like a complete asshole for four years, this is bound to happen.

As for keeping his promises, well, I'm not as tough on Trump's performance as others. But there is that pesky thing of running up the deficit to a trillion per year (before this year) when he claimed he was going to balance the budget. Promise unkept.  And his PR response to covid was a complete disaster.  Behind the scenes, probably not a whole lot else could've been done. But people look to a president for calm, and all this guy showed is that he was erratic as hell. Calling for governors to "liberate" their states, and once Governor Kemp of Georgia does that, Trump says "well, maybe he moved too fast."  What a dumbass.

And as for this country going to hell now?  Child please.  Same was said about Clinton and Obama, and under both my 401k did quite nicely.  

On to 2024, where I'll be proud to vote for a GOP candidate who isn't a child.  Who ya got?

1 minute ago, hail2skins said:

Going back to your OP on the election, where you couldn't believe that the people would not re-elect Trump just because they didn't like him? Well, no ****!  When you act like a complete asshole for four years, this is bound to happen.

As for keeping his promises, well, I'm not as tough on Trump's performance as others. But there is that pesky thing of running up the deficit to a trillion per year (before this year) when he claimed he was going to balance the budget. Promise unkept.  And his PR response to covid was a complete disaster.  Behind the scenes, probably not a whole lot else could've been done. But people look to a president for calm, and all this guy showed is that he was erratic as hell. Calling for governors to "liberate" their states, and once Governor Kemp of Georgia does that, Trump says "well, maybe he moved too fast."  What a dumbass.

And as for this country going to hell now?  Child please.  Same was said about Clinton and Obama, and under both my 401k did quite nicely.  

On to 2024, where I'll be proud to vote for a GOP candidate who isn't a child.  Who ya got?

If Trump runs, he has the nomination.  Noone will beat his sorry ass.

As for the general; way to early to say.  Alot depends on how the Biden adminstration goes and who is the 2024 Dem nominee?  Will an 82 year old Joe run for reelection?  Will Kamala or some other Dem be the nominee?   Also, if Trump does win the nomination; will their be a third party candidate?  Would a disaffected Republican, go third party this time?   Would a 3 way race give Trump the election?

2 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

He's not a politician,  never has been.  As for the deficit?  It was set in motion under Obama.  I could go on here, but let's not. 

Answer me this.  What has Pelosi, Biden, Schumer  or any other career politician, 

Republican or Democrat, actually done for this country , that didn't have a hook that benefited them personally?   

Simple question.  Do you think that there should be term limits on EVERY member of the Congress?   Regardless of political affiliation,  career politicians don't give a flying crap about anything! Unless it benefits them and their donors.  

4 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

If Trump runs, he has the nomination.  Noone will beat his sorry ass.

As for the general; way to early to say.  Alot depends on how the Biden adminstration goes and who is the 2024 Dem nominee?  Will an 82 year old Joe run for reelection?  Will Kamala or some other Dem be the nominee?   Also, if Trump does win the nomination; will their be a third party candidate?  Would a disaffected Republican, go third party this time?   Would a 3 way race give Trump the election?

As we sit here in late 2020, its fairly easy to declare Trump to prohibitive favorite for the 2024 GOP nomination. But as I said in an earlier post, I do wonder how much Trump fatigue is going to set in for even GOP voters in the next four years. You know he is going to continue to tweet every day and try to command as much attention as possible. But its hard to say.

As for the Dems, I think a Biden exit perhaps halfway through his upcoming term could help Harris if she had a couple years under her belt as POTUS. If not, she'll still be favored for the Dem nomination in 2024, but so far I don't like her chances in the general from a political charisma standpoint. Joe Biden, who isn't a gifted politician at all (although he does come off better to me in his old age), comes off as Bill Clinton-like compared to Kamala. 

4 minutes ago, rdsknbill said:

He's not a politician,  never has been.  As for the deficit?  It was set in motion under Obama.  I could go on here, but let's not. 

Answer me this.  What has Pelosi, Biden, Schumer  or any other career politician, 

Republican or Democrat, actually done for this country , that didn't have a hook that benefited them personally?   

Simple question.  Do you think that there should be term limits on EVERY member of the Congress?   Regardless of political affiliation,  career politicians don't give a flying crap about anything! Unless it benefits them and their donors.  

"Not a politician" doesn't give someone the excuse to act like a total douchebag day in and day out, particularly in the public eye.

Deficit had to be increased early in Obama's term due to the financial crisis, but pretty much went down to under half of its peak, thanks to sequestration. I will concede that it was going back up in the wrong direction during Obama's last year.

As for term limits, that is a good question. I used to think that elections took care of things, but have come to realize that the American public largely votes on name recognition, and that is a problem. At the very least, terms for House members should probably be longer than two years.  But yes, I'm more open to term limits than I used to be.

And Congress does seem to be worthless....I think several recent retired members from the GOP side have indicated how much of a waste they think it was.  If you have a choice in the respective primaries, regardless of parties, seems like governors are stronger candidates than people in Congress. Chris Christie destroying Marco Rubio in that one GOP debate in 2016 was fantastic. 

If any member of Congress is in office for 12 years, they should vacate their seat.  Yes? My Grandfather served under 3 Presidents as the President of the America Railroad Association.  Although he was a staunch Republican, he did his job for betterment of the country.   And he HATED politics.   Go figure! 

15 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

He okayed taking children away from their parents, some permanently, as a matter of policy, to discourage immigration. That's all you need to know about him.

Hope you're ready for the inevitable "Obama built those cages!"

Edit:  LMAO! NAILED IT!

7 minutes ago, rdsknbill said:

You are obviously talking about Barry and his cages right? 

You're repeating a right wing talking point that fact checkers rate as a half truth at best. Yes, many of those "cages" were built under Obama during a heavy influx of immigrants, but it was the Trump admin that set child separation and "zero tolerance" as policy. Obama didn't do anything even remotely like that. Nobody had. It was a punitive measure to try and deter other immigrants from coming by intentionally separating children from their mothers and fathers (and it didn't even work as intended). Some of whom still haven't been reunited yet.

It was evil. Plain and simple.

33 minutes ago, rdsknbill said:

If any member of Congress is in office for 12 years, they should vacate their seat.  Yes? My Grandfather served under 3 Presidents as the President of the America Railroad Association.  Although he was a staunch Republican, he did his job for betterment of the country.   And he HATED politics.   Go figure! 

AOC or Mitch McConnell.  Pick one.

"Not a politician" is a crock.  The moment you step into politics, you are one. 

Trump was and is the worst kind.  He governed as a selfish, far right wing President. 

If he was "not a politician" like he claimed he could have done some seriously transformative stuff, earned the love and respect of the American people, and had another 4 more years to loot and enrich himself at his pleasure.  Someone that makes the country better for everyone would get a bit of leeway against his blatent selfrichment.  

He is a PR and marketing genius... but he basically did everything the GOP wanted him to and then some.  

There was a slight bit of me that thought maybe Trump's populism would be to take on more of the healthcare/education/jobs for the common man.... but he was too lazy to actually formulate an independent policy on much of anything.  

When I see the Trumps I see people who believe, "there's money to be made in right wing politics."  It's really far sighted, because frankly -- if they were smart, could have really been the political outsiders they claim to be.  But their ideology is so married to the anti-Obama lunatic right... it's so insanely stupid.  

"Not a politician" as an excuse for Trump being an absolutely incompetent POTUS who didn't seem to care one whit about actually doing the job ranks right up there with "He's a different kind of president" to excuse his boorish, juvenile, and sexist/racist/xenophobic utterances.

Yeah, he is a different kind of president. The awful kind. 

3 hours ago, rdsknbill said:

As for the deficit?  It was set in motion under Obama.

W inherited a surplus, and turned it into the second biggest deficit in US history.  

Obama inherited said deficit, and shrank it 7 of 8 years.  (The exception being the one and only time that the Republican legislature actually passed a federal budget.)  

And Trump and the Republican Party doubled the deficit they inherited from Obama, within two months of taking office.  (So that they could stimulate the economy into adding jobs 20% slower than they were, the three years before Trump.)  

Archived