Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

23 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Trump is gonna destroy the GOP lol 

God I hope so. It's going to be interesting to see how this whole thing shakes out after he's no longer POTUS. Will they try to fall back in line to keep in the good graces of his cult followers? Will Trump wage an all out war in order to bring down people who he views as disloyal to him, even it's his own party and he would suffer for it too? If that happens, will some more sane Republicans fully break with him and try to create a separate conservative party in that case? 

IMO the last option is what I'm hoping for. For one, it would fracture the party and siphon voters away from Trump and his brand...even if it's only a moderate amount, it would likely be enough to keep them out of the WH in the near future. Secondly, it would be good to have an actual moderate conservative party again with sane people who I might disagree with on some things, but who aren't rabid conspiracy loons and I can actually have reasonable discussions with.

39 minutes ago, mistertim said:

God I hope so. It's going to be interesting to see how this whole thing shakes out after he's no longer POTUS. Will they try to fall back in line to keep in the good graces of his cult followers? Will Trump wage an all out war in order to bring down people who he views as disloyal to him, even it's his own party and he would suffer for it too? If that happens, will some more sane Republicans fully break with him and try to create a separate conservative party in that case? 

IMO the last option is what I'm hoping for. For one, it would fracture the party and siphon voters away from Trump and his brand...even if it's only a moderate amount, it would likely be enough to keep them out of the WH in the near future. Secondly, it would be good to have an actual moderate conservative party again with sane people who I might disagree with on some things, but who aren't rabid conspiracy loons and I can actually have reasonable discussions with.

He owns them and they know it.  They will have to be loyal to Trump the next 4 years.

Politico:Trump’s looming 2024 bid leaves Republicans in a bind

12 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

He owns them and they know it.  They will have to be loyal to Trump the next 4 years.

Politico:Trump’s looming 2024 bid leaves Republicans in a bind

They're just a bunch of *******.  If they all got together and told Trump to go **** himself and go away or they'll out him on his crimes they could be rid of him.  But they're too scared.  Got to punch the bully in the mouth.

44 minutes ago, China said:

They're just a bunch of *******.  If they all got together and told Trump to go **** himself and go away or they'll out him on his crimes they could be rid of him.  But they're too scared.  Got to punch the bully in the mouth.

I agree this is what they should do, but make no mistake, any Republican that tries this is very likely to lose his or her job, which is why they won't.

Just look at Purdue, Loeffler, and Kemp in Georgia. They're about as Trumpy as politicians come, but they're all under tremendous fire because they aren't loud enough about agreeing with Trump's every raving fantasy, and acting on it. It's very possible that enough people actually boycott the election that two Democrats win Senate seats. In Georgia. Georgia may be turning more blue, but it still skews pretty red.

Most any Republican that actually goes after him directly is dead in the water, either immediately in the next primary or in the general.

44 minutes ago, techboy said:

I agree this is what they should do, but make no mistake, any Republican that tries this is very likely to lose his or her job, which is why they won't.

Just look at Purdue, Loeffler, and Kemp in Georgia. They're about as Trumpy as politicians come, but they're all under tremendous fire because they aren't loud enough about agreeing with Trump's every raving fantasy, and acting on it. It's very possible that enough people actually boycott the election that two Democrats win Senate seats. In Georgia. Georgia may be turning more blue, but it still skews pretty red.

Most any Republican that actually goes after him directly is dead in the water, either immediately in the next primary or in the general.

And this is why I say they are cowards.  Perdue and Loeffler have more money than they know what to do with.  They don't need those jobs in the Senate.  If they wan't to be in politics they can use their substantial financial clout and work behind the scenes to get what they want politically.

46 minutes ago, techboy said:

This is true. But IMO losing their jobs would only be the tip of the iceberg. They and their families will be relentlessly attacked and hounded personally by Trump cultists to the point where they'll likely have to go in to hiding. And if I were someone caught in the crosshairs of Trump's minions, I absolutely would take death threats seriously. There are some incredibly deranged people in that group and I wouldn't risk the safety of my family in assuming violent threats don't have any merit. 

That being said, I have a hard time finding much pity for them. They consciously decided to hitch a ride on the rolling sewer that is the Trump train, knowing full well what kind of person he was and how bad he was for the country. Karma is a ****.

All this because 46% of the country can't fathom that a President who hovered around 42% approval rating lost a bid for re-election.  These people's delusions have been cultivated and matured by a right-wing media machine to actually believe that there was no possible way Trump could lose in a legal manner.  They are just parroting what they have been fed for the last 18 months.  All the while the right-wing pundits and radio hosts are laughing at them behind the scenes while their bank accounts grow. 

Archived