Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

3 minutes ago, DoneMessedUp said:

Quinnipiac poll

I'm curious as to what Quinnipiac had 4 years ago. I'm fairly certain they never had Clinton close in Iowa let alone Hilldog up 11 in Florida, but I could be wrong. 

23 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

My issue (more than anything) is learning another language.  I know that sounds trivial, but communication is vital.  I'm fairly good with Spanish, but the only place I'd want to be is Spain.

It’s actually not that big a deal, depending on where you’re trying to go. Many places have large “retired” ex-pat US communities and drawing those folks in is a part of their economic strategy so they have appropriate healthcare, schools, etc. already in place. I put retired in quotes because some of these countries have 18 as the cutoff age for “retirees” that want to move there. I don’t want to go further off topic so PM me if you have additional questions.

23 hours ago, Destino said:

Same reason a one score lead never feels safe with a quarter left to be played.  You know the other team is going to make a push.  That’s how competition works.  Trump is falling behind and he’s going to do whatever he can to get back in it.  Which is scary considering he has no conscience and has already called election results into question.

I can’t remember if this was posted here or not, but it’s chilling. Basically runs down how they plan to steal the election. We’ve changed our plans to vote in-person now. We’re bringing portable stools, N95s, gloves, styluses...and empty bladders.🙂

15 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

While I love it, the ladies should be in Chucks. Can't stand in line in those heels.

Just sayin'.

These ladies have pledged to be in those sororities. They can take it.😃 On a side note, it turns out someone that works with me (not a personal acquaintance) was the organizer.

Finally, regarding the comment about there not being a civil war here, probably not. However we’re not trying to be the frogs enjoying the warm bath only to find out when it’s too late that we’re being boiled.😉 Besides, that’s not always what collapse looks like. We’re already experiencing it.

Anyone else get the sense that the restricted drop boxes in both Ohio and Texas are going to be big-time Streisand Effect?  Like, if whatever administration that controls a state is actively trying to prevent people from voting, I kinda feel like A LOT of people are going to be like, WELL **** YOU, I AM VOTING NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO, JUST BECAUSE YOU TRIED TO STOP ME.  

At least, I hope.  It's how I would react. 

7 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Anyone else get the sense that the restricted drop boxes in both Ohio and Texas are going to be big-time Streisand Effect?  Like, if whatever administration that controls a state is actively trying to prevent people from voting, I kinda feel like A LOT of people are going to be like, WELL **** YOU, I AM VOTING NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO, JUST BECAUSE YOU TRIED TO STOP ME.  

For me, there is no other powerful motivator in life like someone telling you either "You can't do something," or "You can do it, but I just won't let you." None.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

For me, there is no other powerful motivator in life like someone telling you either "You can't do something," or "You can do it, but I just won't let you." None.

“He had discovered a great law of human action, without knowing it, namely, that, in order to make a man or a boy covet a thing, it is only necessary to make the thing difficult to attain.”

-Mark Twain

28 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

It's also a great way to lose support among people who typically sit on the fence between both parties.

A lot of people dismissed liberal criticisms of the GOP before Trump as just partisan noise and theatrics. Only to acknowledge that liberals have been mostly right about the GOP once Trump really turned up the volume on the racism and anti-intellectualism.

Same thing will happen here on access to voting. The GOP really ramped up anti-democracy measures after Obama's election and people who previously did not bother acknowledging this, are now beginning to notice.

One of the priorities for the next dem administration is going to have to be updates to the voting rights act.  Election day as national holiday.  Minimum standards and length for early voting with weekend early voting.  Minimum resource distribution based on per capita metrics, not by county or geographical region.  Those and more should all be on the table.

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I remember a story during the primary where they asked some guy in Texas iirc why he stood in line for like 12 hours to vote and that was basically his exact reaction. 

I will say bunker boy's rhetoric abotu mail in voting has inspired people to early vote in massive numbers. I saw an article last week that said early voting was up from 900,000 that time last year to 9M this year. 

I am sure some of those a Rep but I would bet good money there are more Dems in that group. 

Early voting here starts next Monday. I will be there! May have to wait until Tuesday but no later! 

2 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I will say bunker boy's rhetoric abotu mail in voting has inspired people to early vote in massive numbers. I saw an article last week that said early voting was up from 900,000 that time last year to 9M this year. 

I am sure some of those a Rep but I would bet good money there are more Dems in that group. 

Early voting here starts next Monday. I will be there! May have to wait until Tuesday but no later! 

My early polling place is less than a mile from Heritage.  I'm going early Monday morning, have a massage scheduled for 3:30.

I'll need it.

3 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Early voting in Virginia was simple....I walked in, got my ballet, and was out in 5 mins.

Me to, I ordered it mailed to me, then I went to the polling place and stuck it in a box. No line, helpful poll workers. This was midmorning on a weekday. Took me longer to buy a cup of coffee. 

WELL **** YOU, I AM VOTING NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO, JUST BECAUSE YOU TRIED TO STOP ME.  

Yeah, I was going to vote anyways, but this made me super angry. I have never identified with one party or the other, I just tried to vote the best candidate available. But this affecting me now, in Texas, has pretty much assured I vote Democrat for a long time unless they change course and start acting like the current Republican Party.

So, good job Republicans. Your actions over the last ten years have been despicable. You alone have pushed me completely to the other side. Thanks for making it harder for me to vote and thanks for showing your true colors.

Oooops, they probably don't like being associated with the word 'colors'. My apologies.  Taste the Rainbow 🌈  of democracy ****es.

1 minute ago, mammajamma said:

Then he's putting all of his eggs into the "i'll fight the results in court" basket? because he has no way of winning if he loses all of those states

He’s going to save his money, kick off his 2024 campaign in December, and spend all the money at his properties over the next 4 years. 

Archived