Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

3 hours ago, The Sisko said:

None of it made sense until I realized all the economic and political reasons were just distractors. Simply put, ~15% of the voting public are racists, another 15% or so are willing to look the other way on racist candidates/policies as long as they have plausible deniability and another maybe 5-10% are ideologues. Looked at that way, it doesn't matter who/what's running and how much they stand to lose in other areas. If the candidate makes them believe s/he can roll back the coming demographic changes, s/he's got their vote.

Actually, I'd suggest taking a permanent break from the US. I've never really been into nationalism, but if there's anything COVID has shown, outside of how morally bankrupt much of the US public is, it's that most of us can live our lives pretty much anyplace and still do our same jobs. I had been considering retiring in another country but we've recently moved the timeline up. We're making plans for a backup country now in the event things go really badly after the election (no matter who wins) and once certain family obligations are taken care of, I'll be more than happy to leave this country behind.

I have an older cousin that moved to Medellin in 2016, not really because of Tя☭mp per se, but because he suffered a lot of losses to his portfolio and simply couldn't afford to retire in the US. At the time, we ribbed him a bit but now he's looking serendipitously prescient. Imagine that. A former drug capitol, among other places, is now a better place to live for many of us than the US. That should tell you what the rightward shift in our policies since Reagan has gotten us.

If you're younger and don't have a lot of things holding you back, I'd suggest you get out now before you get too many responsibilities that might make leaving harder. Unless you're one of the so-called job creators, the future isn't here anymore.

26 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

My issue (more than anything) is learning another language.  I know that sounds trivial, but communication is vital.  I'm fairly good with Spanish, but the only place I'd want to be is Spain.

43 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I just turned 40, still a ways away from retirement but my kids are young enough still (5 and almost 8 ) that if we happened to move to another country in the next few years they would be at the age where "starting over" wouldn't feel like their entire foundation in life was uprooted.  I think for me the main factor I am waiting on is what post-Trump America looks like.  Assuming Biden wins, serves his 4 years, but then Harris loses in 2024 to......?   Trump is a disaster but at least he wears it on his sleeves out in the open. Right now I am more concerned that the next "Trump" is going to be more in the style of a Reagan.  Smile and say all the right things publicly while doing the damage quietly behing the scenes.  All things considered, Trump likely could have sailed to re-election if he was just a decent human being 75% of the time.  Personally I think he has been horrible in almost every way, but it seems like the country as a whole is more split and Trump the human being is juuuuust atrocious enough to turn enough people off that he may lose.  The GOP likely will realize they can't let this happen again and will work to throw a friendly face out there next time. 

That's interesting.

With all that's going around right now, I was wondering.

It's quite possible, though not hoped in anyway, that things can turn ugly, especially if Donald lose, I doubt it'll be peacefully. So if that happens and US starts turning into civil war, you'd have people leaving to look for shelter elsewhere. And then I was like "crap, if some of them needs it, I'll provide shelter as I can".

So if you guys want to move on, just ask me, I'll help as much as I can. Got place for 2 at homes, and up to 3 kids with ease. More could be tough, but I would sort this out :)

1 minute ago, Heisenberg said:

Wtf is happening? It's like he's trying to lose at this point.

Ding ding ding

He HATES the job, but too much of a narcissist to quit, he's setting the foundation to say it was rigged so he can keep his cult addicted to his **** brand.

3 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Ding ding ding

He HATES the job, but too much of a narcissist to quit, he's setting the foundation to say it was rigged so he can keep his cult addicted to his **** brand.

I would have thought it'd be easier to say it was rigged before going completely against polling at increasing the chances of a massive landslide for Biden.

I don't think he can sell to the American people that this "failed" stimulus is Pelosi/Democrats fault. Like, if you can't get a deal done on 10/6, what difference does 11/6 make?

And making stimulus to the American people contingent on willing an election? What the ****? 

I am not worried about a "civil war" personally. I think there could possibly be some violence caused by a small number of knuckleheads though.  My bigger concern is the trend in this country that a smaller minority voice/opinion has been actively rigging the system so that they are able to continue running things, placing judges, etc etc in order to force their ways on everyone else.  I have never had an issue living in a country with folks I disagree with, but up until recently I always felt it was mostly a live and let live kind of country.  That feels like it is going away and the only semblance of "tyanny" I see is the super wealthy working in unison with gov't officials to continue the trend in the wrong direction.   It is more about the values and way of living.

And I don't want to paint a picture as if it is unbearable right now, but I think things are trending that way and the last thing you want is to be faced with this kind of decision at the 11th hour or after it is way too late.  At this point it is more just exploring options I never really thought I'd ever have to contemplate before.

1 minute ago, Heisenberg said:

So he's essentially saying to the American public that the only way we're seeing a second stimulus before January 20, 2021 is if he wins the election?

This is so ****ed.

Either he's being petty and vengeful because his polling sucks. 

Or he's delirious and believes that the economy is so scary strong (despite it needed 2-ish trillion in federal dollars to keep it propped up). 

So...yikes. 

Live in an echo chamber enough, you start to believe your own BS.

Despite all the crap going on, he could have generated a positive news cycle about a bipartisan relief package, but he torpedoed it because he's petty and frankly, dumb. He's a supremely dumb person and he's going to take the entire party down with him on his way out.

56 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

So he's essentially saying to the American public that the only way we're seeing a second stimulus before January 20, 2021 is if he wins the election?

This is so ****ed.

LOL, no.  This is why Trump is so stupid.  If Biden wins, he has a gigantic stimulus package planned.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zackfriedman/2020/09/03/stimulus-package-biden-trump/#34d3de3995aa

1 hour ago, spjunkies said:

Ding ding ding

Don't overthink it... He's mentally deteriorating, has always lacked any semblance of impulse control, and is on drugs widely reported to influence mood.

Archived