Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nazis showing up at places uninvited.

No Excuses

10 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

They don't all march together. Bannon proudly stated that he created a platform for the alt-right, but he'll denounce Spencer (who created the phrase) if it allows him to keep his job in the damn White House.

Breitbart isn't pro-Nazi (at least not explicitly), but it still has a "black crime" section.

Hopefully, this threading of the needle won't work. But a President attempting it is pretty damn frightening.

The sad part is, in 7 months, Bannon's legacy has been cemented already. A year, if you count joining the campaign, whenever that was.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Larry said:

Now let's get back to suppressing minority votes, legalizing discrimination, building a wall, kicking out people who aren't like us, and not letting them back in. But without the Nazi flag. 

I'm quoting this because it speaks to truth about the real Republican platform and Party.  It's all shameful.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Larry said:

Now let's get back to suppressing minority votes, legalizing discrimination, building a wall, kicking out people who aren't like us, and not letting them back in. But without the Nazi flag. 

This gets to what I was saying in the conservativism thread

the GOP better do better than bull**** statements.

anyone (except trump, apparently) can condemn nazis after a rally. i'm not impressed.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Daily Stormer, hosted in Russia. Unbelievable.  Trump must be a fan. 

Daily Stormer is where some of the most vicious, most fervent alt-righters are.

If you're Russia, and are running a highly successful intel op in the USA designed to empower fringe groups and divide and conquer, then hosting a place like Daily Stormer is an obvious thing to do.

Of course, the fact that their white supremecist nonsense is now being posted on a website ending in .ru SHOULD tip them off that they are Kremlon pawns, but somehow I doubt it.

• Like 2

Nazis killed 25 million Russians.

06438aed249672050c983def369be360--the-tu

In fact, the nazis began as a movement to fight the communism the soviet union stood for, and of course evolved into what it eventually became.

I'm sure a website promoting their hatred is alright, i guess.

What the **** is wrong with this ****ing world?

~Bang

Edited by Bang

I'm pleased to see that my alma mater, the University of Florida, has canceled Richard Spencer's scheduled appearance on September 12:

http://www.gainesville.com/news/20170816/uf-denies-white-nationalist-richard-spencer-campus-platform

Last thing I wanted is to see another Charlottesville occur in my beloved Gainesville FL (And I know there is a thread on these boards that mocks Florida, but if you ever lived In Gaineville, you wouldn't want to live anywhere else: Beautiful weather, beaches less than an hour away, University of Florida and all its sporting/culutral activites available, nice friendly locals with liberal tendencies, and unlike the rest of Florida, rarely gets hit by a hurricane. Best town on the east coast, PERIOD.)

Edited by Mournblade
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I don't think you can necessarily draw conclusions about the motivations behind Confederate monuments in a specific sense.

2 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I'm sure there are specific examples of Confederate iconography being an F-You. The Georgia state flag change in '56 is the most obvious example. But the South has been seeking to redeem the war in ways large and small since April 1865.

There are specific examples from the DC suburb of Fairfax County, Virginia.  JEB Stuart High School in the Falls Church area and Robert E. Lee High School in the Franconia area of Springfield were opened in 1958. the Fairfax County School Board was in open defiance a Supreme Court order to integrate Fairfax County schools.  The choice of names for those schools at that time was no coincidence.

I'm trying, but I haven't been able to find when the part of Route 1 that goes from the Pentagon through Crystal City into Alexandria, Virginia got the name "Jefferson Davis Highway."  But that smacks of a big Southern eff you that's stuck around for many decades. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Keith Huddleston said:

I'm pleased to see that my alma mater, the University of Florida, has canceled Richard Spencer's scheduled appearance on September 12:

http://www.gainesville.com/news/20170816/uf-denies-white-nationalist-richard-spencer-campus-platform

Last thing I wanted is to see another Charlottesville occur in my beloved Gainesville FL (And I know there is a thread on these boards that mocks Florida, but if you ever lived In Gaineville, you wouldn't want to live anywhere else: Beautiful weather, beaches less than an hour away, University of Florida and all its sporting/culutral activites available, nice friendly locals with liberal tendencies, and unlike the rest of Florida, rarely gets hit by a hurricane. Best town on the east coast, PERIOD.)

Why'd they have him there in the first place? 

Thought this was interesting...

In 1945, the Austrian philosopher Karl Popper—writing from New Zealand, where he had fled from the OG Nazis—identified what he terms the Paradox of Tolerance:

"Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them."

Which basically means a balance of tolerance is needed, not extreme tolerance. In order to protect tolerance we must be intolerant to those things that are inherently intolerant. Like ****ing nazi man children who fail so bad at life, they create this hateful fantasy of false superiority, to distract them from how inferior they feel at being able to build the most basic foundations of a decent and fruitful life.
Edited by Fresh8686