Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Fantasy Football

JamesMadisonSkins

3 hours ago, abdcskins said:

My first mistake of the season, benching Mike Gillislee for Corey Coleman at my flex ? I figured the Browns would throw a lot vs. the Steelers. Patriots RBs are unpredictable, I'm sure next week he'll have 7 carries for 38 yards.

Ya, I have Gillislee on my bench as well.  That's a RBBC, his points depends on trips to the redzone.  I'm torn because people I'm playing with know he's touchdown dependent, so a trade won't work, but I don't want to cut him if he keeps getting opportunities like that.

Man, I was high on ALL the rookies this year, and managed to get all of them but Kareem Hunt on my rosters.

In my $50 buy-in league I have Cook, Mixon, Fournette

In my $100 buy-in league I have Mixon

I guess the guy who paid $48 in my auction for Kareem Hunt because he was the last RB2/3 left and he had money to blow is feeling good today

23 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

I'm looking like a genius for taking Kareem Hunt in the 2nd round :)

Depends on when your draft was - if it was before Ware got hurt then no you don't look like a genius. This week yes you do as he was going 3rd round.

I grabbed hunt in 50% of my mfls and since I only play in two season long leagues in one of those. Latest round I got him was round 12; earliest was round 8. Of course that was before Ware got hurt. I've found that being in tune early gives me a leg up in early drafts. By the time the season is close your gonna pay through the nose on those early risers.

Which brings me to why I posted this. Regression is a big deal with all players. The players are going to move back to the mean in performance week to week. Some guys will start off hot and come down even if they take off for a few weeks but eventually the reality is no player is going to keep up a pace like what Hunt did last night for long.

With that said I find myself this morning wondering what to do with Hunt. Any thoughts on that? He is the clear number one on the Chiefs now with no real competition but regression is coming for sure unless he is the next Barry Sanders which is doubtful.

On this team I have him my RBs are loaded (at least in theory when they are all playing) as I have Zeke, McFadden, Gurley, Hunt, Doug Martin, and Mike Gillislee. I can only start two and another at flex if I wanted in a full point ppr. 

If your selling Hunt who are you targeting? I don't need to have a bench that deep at this position and I'm thinking his value will never be higher then what it is today. My team is stacked minus the TE position. This is a superflex start two QB league and my guys are Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, and Sam Bradford. My receivers are Keenan Allen, Demaryius Thomas, Devante Parker, Emmanuel Sanders, and Stephon Diggs and same start two with option for one flex. My TEs are meh Jack Doyle and Jared Cook so definitely could use improvement there

Now I know this team has a couple of guys on suspension so moving him could be risky for me but this is more about a question in general. If you were to sell Hunt (I would only sell him myself for a top 3 TE and a RB with upside and I know that few people would be in this situation) how high of a value would you put on him?

If people were taking him in the second round are you only looking at first rounders? Is anyone selling him now? If he's a hold to you is a top 12 RB this year? What is your expectations for him going forward? 

26 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

I grabbed hunt in 50% of my mfls and since I only play in two season long leagues in one of those. Latest round I got him was round 12; earliest was round 8. Of course that was before Ware got hurt. I've found that being in tune early gives me a leg up in early drafts. By the time the season is close your gonna pay through the nose on those early risers.

Which brings me to why I posted this. Regression is a big deal with all players. The players are going to move back to the mean in performance week to week. Some guys will start off hot and come down even if they take off for a few weeks but eventually the reality is no player is going to keep up a pace like what Hunt did last night for long.

With that said I find myself this morning wondering what to do with Hunt. Any thoughts on that? He is the clear number one on the Chiefs now with no real competition but regression is coming for sure unless he is the next Barry Sanders which is doubtful.

On this team I have him my RBs are loaded (at least in theory when they are all playing) as I have Zeke, McFadden, Gurley, Hunt, Doug Martin, and Mike Gillislee. I can only start two and another at flex if I wanted in a full point ppr. 

If your selling Hunt who are you targeting? I don't need to have a bench that deep at this position and I'm thinking his value will never be higher then what it is today. My team is stacked minus the TE position. This is a superflex start two QB league and my guys are Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, and Sam Bradford. My receivers are Keenan Allen, Demaryius Thomas, Devante Parker, Emmanuel Sanders, and Stephon Diggs and same start two with option for one flex. My TEs are meh Jack Doyle and Jared Cook so definitely could use improvement there

Now I know this team has a couple of guys on suspension so moving him could be risky for me but this is more about a question in general. If you were to sell Hunt (I would only sell him myself for a top 3 TE and a RB with upside and I know that few people would be in this situation) how high of a value would you put on him?

If people were taking him in the second round are you only looking at first rounders? Is anyone selling him now? If he's a hold to you is a top 12 RB this year? What is your expectations for him going forward? 

This was a Dynasty Superflex correct? If that is the case keep him - if that isn't the case your team makes no sense -  how did you get all those 1st- 4th round players (example it should be Impossible to get Rodgers and Wilson in a redraft Superflex). Either way this team should be an absolute lock for the #1 seed in the play offs.

If you are going to trade him though go for the fences ask for Brown, Jones, AJ or Evans. Then offer some of your other WRs for a Good TE).

27 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I had the #1 pick in a 12 team and took him when I had back to back picks at bottom of second, start of third.  My draft was this past Sunday night.  Feel really good about it right now.

About 10 days ago (after the Ware injury) I offered Hunt and Palmer for Evans in a 2 QB league (guy only has 1 QB and is weak at Rb) and Hunt, Palmer and a 3rd QB to two other Teams with only 1 QB for Brown or Jones. Should have seen the insults I received for those offers.  They are probably quoting Homer Simpson now.

Only bad thing isI didn't start Hunt as I had Gurley and Johnson in the line-up

9 hours ago, abdcskins said:

My first mistake of the season, benching Mike Gillislee for Corey Coleman at my flex ? I figured the Browns would throw a lot vs. the Steelers. Patriots RBs are unpredictable, I'm sure next week he'll have 7 carries for 38 yards.

Yeah, one thing you can NEVER count on in Fantasy is Belicheat and his backs. 

Next week he's liable to take all the RZ/ goal duties off Gillislee and hand them to Bolden or White. That's the madness he rolls with week-to-week the backfield. 

Chiefs D just took a big hit with Berry done for the season if anyone has them. 

Hail. 

18 minutes ago, JMURedskins said:

Matt Ryan vs CHI

Cam Newton vs SFF

who would you start?  

With the added weapons Cam has that's a real toughie. I would normally have said go with Ryan but it's really a 6 and 2 three's situation. 

A real toss up you'll be unlucky to lose out on. 

Go with your gut and the best defensive match-up week-on-week and you should be sound for high QB points over the year. 

Hail. 

15 minutes ago, JMURedskins said:

Matt Ryan vs CHI

Cam Newton vs SFF

who would you start?  

Tough one, but I'd start Ryan just because Cam has been limited in camp, and may be a bit rusty. Also think Panthers may run it down 49ers throat.

What I would do though, is try and trade one of the two to bolster a weaker position. Maybe Cam goes off this week, and you could get a solid WR or RB for him. Barring injury, Ryan is a solid every week QB1.

So gotta start one in the flex position: John Brown, Tyler Lockett, Paul Perkins, or Kenny Britt? 

I have Lockett in right now because we get return yards, but unsure. Thinking about picking up Paul Richardson or Jaron Brown. 

11 hours ago, nonniey said:

Well looks like the Elliot gamblers won big. So is he top three again in late Drafts?

I would imagine so. I was also one of those lucky gamblers! 

15 hours ago, Busch1724 said:

So gotta start one in the flex position: John Brown, Tyler Lockett, Paul Perkins, or Kenny Britt? 

I have Lockett in right now because we get return yards, but unsure. Thinking about picking up Paul Richardson or Jaron Brown. 

I would imagine so. I was also one of those lucky gamblers! 

Go with Britt.

Well I always like doing a couple of post Thursday Drafts because that game really over affects the draft and sharp drafters can get steals. 

In a PPR SuperFlex I had the 11th Pick  - Hunt went early #3, and Tyreek Hill went #4. I think Hunt was OK but Hill? Wow just an example and the opposite occurs as well -  Brady, who had being going top 4 in that format, fell to me at pick 11 and then I gambled and took Ryan at 1.11 and then Brady at 2.2 (After he fell further - only time I've gone QB/QB in that format this year - common practice though) that should never have happened in 2 a QB league it was a massive steal (Will start Hoyer over Brady this weak).  Bit weak at WR and somehow got too many Redskins which I actually don't have many of on any other team.

Here is my final drafted team this year Thoughts?

WaytoomanyCampbells  
Player Pos Team Pick
Ryan, Matt QB ATL 1.11
Brady, Tom QB NEP 2.2
Hoyer, Brian QB SFO 10.2
Ajayi, Jay RB MIA 3.11
Gurley, Todd RB LAR 4.2
Kelley, Rob RB WAS 9.11
Gore, Frank RB IND 11.11
White, James RB NEP 14.2
Hill, Jeremy RB CIN 15.11
Carson, Chris RB SEA 17.11