Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Fantasy Football

JamesMadisonSkins

3 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

I'm bidding on Hurns and Agholor, but I'm not going crazy on either.  $8 bids for both ($100 budget).  I know someone else will probably overbid me, but I am not convinced either one of those guys will tear it up.  Jacksonville seems like more of a running team this year with Fournette, and Bortles is still a bad QB.  Aghholor still has Jeffery, Smith, Ertz, and Sproles to contend with.  I would lean nabbing Hurns over the two, the Jaguars will likely still throw a lot because they will be behind late in games, they are still the Jaguars.

Curious what others have on their FaaB as far as designation for some of these guys. Probably depends on the situation. Here's how I currently have it ...

1. Tarik Cohen (19)

2. Kenny Golladay (15)

3. Cooper Kupp (11)

4. Chris Carson (10)

5. Kerwynn Williams (10)

6. Buck Allen (7)

7. Nelson Agholor (4)

That's on a 100 budget. I'll probably adjust some up and down tonight as I get a feel for what others might do

5 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Curious what others have on their FaaB as far as designation for some of these guys. Probably depends on the situation. Here's how I currently have it ...

1. Tarik Cohen (19)

2. Kenny Golladay (15)

3. Cooper Kupp (11)

4. Chris Carson (10)

5. Kerwynn Williams (10)

6. Buck Allen (7)

7. Nelson Agholor (4)

That's on a 100 budget. I'll probably adjust some up and down tonight as I get a feel for what others might do

I think you are right with Cohen, he is going to get a lot of opportunities especially with all the players injured on the Bears.  I'm not sure if Golladay will keep getting that many targets from Stafford.  I'm looking at the Lions depth chart and he still has Golden Tate and Marvin Jones ahead of him (although I could see him going ahead of Jones).  He's still going to be involved though, I think a $15 bid might get him depending on how desperate other owners are for receivers.  Andre Ellington may start over Williams.  I don't particularly like Buck Allen, he's never showed me much and I believe West will get the bulk of the carries there.  I have Danny Woodhead on my team, I'm thinking about dropping him because hamstrings linger and he is injury prone to begin with.  I may bid large on Cohen and drop Woodhead.

Yeah, I have 3 open roster spots right now (cut Duke Johnson and Allen Robinson and put David Johnson on the IR). So I can fit 3 new guys on my squad, and my hope is that I get the first 3 I have (Cohen, Golladay, Kupp) ... but I'd be fine getting anyone else on there, and with 3 open spots I'll likely have a few new faces. I am risking blowing a good chunk of my FaaB but it would at least temporarily make me feel a lot better about my depth/roster, even though we are all well-aware of the Week 1 breakout fluke.

Oh man. Been listening to Sirius XM Fantasy and they've been talking WW a lot today. Concensus is to stay away from Cohen as he's too small and the more touches he gets the higher his injury risk so he's a very limited FF player.

Hurns is at the top of the WW add list for a lot of folks. Not a sexy/buzzy add, but interesting nonetheless.

In an effort to avoid the "high scoring fluke" adds after Week 1 ... I'm wondering if I should lower my priority on Cohen. I'm not going heavier on Golladay and Kupp given that they're 3rd round picks who should be featured in their offenses ... followed by Chris Carson (Upside) and Allen Hurns and Nelson Agholor.

WW is so hit or miss haha.

I'm sitting at #2 on WW and don't see anything that makes sense wasting it yet.  I think Hurns makes sense to add, just not to jump on.  Jax wants to run the ball, not throw it around everywhere like that year he racked up two years ago.

K, pick one:

Pryor @LAR

Diggs @PIT

I'm not sold on the Rams being world beaters, not after looking at the box score for the Colts game.  I want to pick Pryor, but watching Diggs play with Bradford got my attention.  Is Rams front 7 still beastly?  I'm basically in similar boat in regards to olines because the Skins one is suspect all the sudden and Vikings has multiple new starters. 

Edit:  Soon as type this, someone dropped David Johnson, I **** you not.

Thinking about making a trade offer to the owner who lost David Johnson.  Some players that he has are Stefon Diggs, Tyreek Hill, Adam Thielen, Jarvis Landry, Travis Kelce, Tyler Eifert, Eric Decker, and Marcus Mariota.  I have a bunch of running backs, only start two - Jordan Howard, Todd Gurley, Lamar Miller, Thomas Rawls, Danny Woodhead (injured), and Alvin Kamara.

What do you think about offering Lamar Miller for Stefon Diggs?  Should I ask for more or less?  I want to keep Howard and Gurley, I think they are going to ball out.  By the way my WRs and TEs are Doug Baldwin, Michael Crabtree, Rishard Matthews, Mohamed Sanu, Coby Fleener, and Jason Witten.  I start 2 WR, 1 WR/TE, and 1 TE, not a lot of depth there so I want to improve.

2 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Well I just offered Johnson for Kelley in two leagues. Hoping those owners take him for a play-off stash (Kelley is the bench player for each).  Thoughts? Not a chance?

That's a tough one.  If I were a Kelley owner I would say no.  You never can assume you'll make the playoffs and having RB depth during the regular season is important.  Depends on their squads of course.

Did a little roster work and managed to nab buck allen and Tarik cohen. Here's the lineup now. 12 man .5ppr

Qb: rivers

Rb: hyde, gillislee, cohen, kamara, buck allen, David johnson

Wr: keenan allen, Brandon marshall, Devante parker

Te:gronk, reed

Still some attractive options available:

-Hurns, tyrelle williams, cooper kupp, corey davis, and golladay round out available wrs.  

Chris carson, Shane vereen, bernard, and chris thompson are some rbs available. 

I'm flexing jordan reed currently but I need a breakout star to help make up for David johnson going down and I don't think I can roster him all season lon

4 hours ago, nonniey said:

Well I just offered Johnson for Kelley in two leagues. Hoping those owners take him for a play-off stash (Kelley is the bench player for each).  Thoughts? Not a chance?

Our very own Robert Kelley?

I'd snap your hand off to stash him. But then I wouldn't have Kelley to trade as I wouldn't touch a Redskins back with a bargepole. 

Hail. 

1 hour ago, CrypticVillain said:

Peterson and Greg Olsen for Pryor?

Well that is really Olsen for Pryor - You have to think of it that way as Peterson is borderline roster spot worthy. And not really sure about that offer depends on your TE position. (Pryor generally got drafted earlier than Olsen but wasn't really impressive last Sunday although looks like they may force the ball to him).

2 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Exactly. And I was tempted to roster Perine but I just don't have the ability to waste a stash spot right now. But he will inevitably he a hot WW add within the next few weejs

Was Perine even active this past Sunday I just don't see him supplanting Kelley at this point.  Kelley doesn't seem to be the problem I'd say it is 80% play calling and 20% blocking and surprisingly I think the Coaching staff thinks that as well.

Interesting ... no one claimed Kerywnn Williams on my WW ... and someone released Frank Gore ...

Here's how the FaaB worked out for certain guys last night.

1. Tarik Cohen went for $22 .... my bid was 2nd at $13 ... a 3rd bid was $6 ... a 4th was $5 and a 5th was a $0 bid

2. Cooper Kupp went for $26 ... my bid was $11 ... a 3rd bid was $6

3. Kenny Golladay went for $16 to me ... 2nd and only other bid was $6

4.  Chris Carson went to me for $10 ... there was no 2nd bid

5. Nelson Agholor went to me for $6 ... 2nd bid was $0

Pretty interesting considering this is a high stakes league where everyone is pretty attentive. I guess people need to be okay releasing someone they just drafted a week ago to make a WW add ... and I was in the unique position to do a deep-dive since I had 3 roster spots to fill ... but I was surprised by the bids I guess. Maybe I should have anticipated that. I could have had Carson, Golladay and Agholor for a lot less than I ended up bidding, but I also think I was in the position where I "had" to get 3 guys since I had 3 roster spots. IDK

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Huh. I know Gore is old, and is tailing off, but would any of you swap him out for Carson or Agholor at this point given that he's sitting on the WW? I have Luck, so presumably when he comes back, the offense should tick, thus making Gore serviceable again?

I'd take Carson over Agholor.

2 hours ago, nonniey said:

Well that is really Olsen for Pryor - You have to think of it that way as Peterson is borderline roster spot worthy. And not really sure about that offer depends on your TE position. (Pryor generally got drafted earlier than Olsen but wasn't really impressive last Sunday although looks like they may force the ball to him).

Great, you see it exactly as I see it. I don't want Peterson on my team at all anymore. But I'm not going to out right cut him. 

I have Howard and Witten as my other two TEs. My thinking was that the person would over think Peterson and accept the trade to sweeten the pot. 

2 QB PPR league He's approached me about a QB (He has Rodgers and Luck)

Thinking Crowell and McCown (Only one I'll trade) for Murray. Will take me down to 3 QBs (Roth, Bradford and Siemian). Murrray would be my #2 RB behind Freeman.  Thoughts? 

Or Sanders, Amendola and McCwon for Dez? (My other WRs are Brown, Tate and Fitz).

On 9/13/2017 at 10:52 AM, CrypticVillain said:

Peterson and Greg Olsen for Pryor?

I wouldn't trade for Pryor until he can prove he can catch the ball consistently.  I have him on my team now and really on the fence on starting him until I see more consistency.  The volume is there, but who cares if he can't catch the ball?

First week of Free agency  can be so weird and amusing. As I've said I do a lot of leagues (gives me a positive monetary return) so I can see major discrepecies, massive over expenditures and so on. Pure Craziness actually

In my leagues we get 1000 bid bucks per season once that is gone you can't even add players at all (cost 10 to add Free Agents after bidding is over).

Any hoo here some Crazy bids

820 for Adam Theilen (I was 3rd with 240 and thought that was extreme) next highest was 470.

309 for Jason Witten - only 1 bid he could have had him for 1.

K Williams all over the place I targeted him with bids ranging from 110 - 157 most of the time was out bid but sometimes was the only bidder. Thought since he is going to start against the Colts he'd be the most Targeted FA but higher bids for Cohen, Carson, Gallowday, Agoholor and even James (Cohen was going between 500-650, and Gallowday 200-350).

Agoholor went for way too much 160-200 range in most leagues but then I got him for 60 in one.

Craziest bid of all (so far) was 500 for Tyrod Tayler in normal Flex League (ie only need 1 QB) This is same guy who bid 820 for Theilen in the other league. In this league I bid 89 for Alex Smith (I could have had him for 1). Guys is down to $50 for the rest of the season in this league.

Archived