Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Fantasy Football

JamesMadisonSkins

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

I'm actually starting to think the NFL might win it's appeal against Elliot. I know McFadden was an inactive last week, but are we still thinking he's the player to stash if Elliot is suspended?

Have an open roster spot and McF is off waivers tomorrow.

Negative, word on the street is Morris beat him out for the primary backup role to Elliot.  Get Morris instead, that's what I would do.  If Dallas was smart they'd stop fighting this losing battle before Elliot ends up missing playoff games instead.

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Negative, word on the street is Morris beat him out for the primary backup role to Elliot.  Get Morris instead, that's what I would do.  If Dallas was smart they'd stop fighting this losing battle before Elliot ends up missing playoff games instead.

Playoff games? You're homerism is outta line. 

4 minutes ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Playoff games? You're homerism is outta line. 

I hate the ****ing cowboys but playoffs seem the most logical for that team in the East.

Games might be overboard though :)

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Thanks. I love ALF but I'd rather not. Maybe I'll stash another QB to back up Cousins since I just dropped Dalton. 

Guys I know you all are smart. But frankly I don't care what you think about my trade or the players I got back. That's why I didn't want to say who I got back because talking about them is completely avoiding the question and a distraction.  

I am looking for a discussion about Todd Gurley's future and what you think about it. He's at the crossroads in fantasy. If he continues to struggle his value is going to tank hard. You will not be able to get anything valuable back for him and what I got back for him will look solid. His arrow will point hard down and no one will want him. On the other hand if he turns it around now is a hell of a buying opportunity. You won't be able to get him for a RB2 and a WR2 like my trade partner did and you probably can now in your league. The question is which side are you on. Are you buying or selling?

Either you are buying Gurly or your selling 

Just now, bobandweave said:

Guys I know you all are smart. But frankly I don't care what you think about my trade or the players I got back. That's why I didn't want to say who I got back because talking about them is completely avoiding the question and a distraction.  

I am looking for a discussion about Todd Gurley's future and what you think about it. He's at the crossroads in fantasy. If he continues to struggle his value is going to tank hard. You will not be able to get anything valuable back for him and what I got back for him will look solid. His arrow will point hard down and no one will want him. On the other hand if he turns it around now is a hell of a buying opportunity. You won't be able to get him for a RB2 and a WR2 like my trade partner did and you probably can now in your league. The question is which side are you on. Are you buying or selling?

Either you are buying Gurly or your selling 

Completely dependent on what I'm getting for him. 

Main back getting volume carries with no real threat to the job is nothing to scoff at, regardless if his play has not been good. 

Passing catching is an added bonus. 

Ok then, 

Well for a start, regardless of who you traded him for, or what you think of him, as Gurley is playing the Redskins this week I'd of at the very least kept him for that. 

Bad move moving him until after Sunday if you're asking IMHO. 

Hail. 

*Edit* Oh yeah, unless I get an offer that blows me away, or I'm light in an area and can pick up similar, I'm keeping him. 

2 hours ago, Bang said:

CBS does charge to host your league, but i like it. 

Couple of opinions requested.

PPR league: Jaquizz Rogers vs the Bears, or Kerwynn Williams vs the Colts, or Thomas Rawls vs SF. (He's supposedly healthy and ready to go.)?

Chris Hogan vs the Saints, or DaVante Parker vs the Chargers?

~Bang

Williams is boom or bust we don't know what well get there but I'd take the chance against the Colts.  If Amendola doesn't play go with Hogan, if he does go with Parker.

19 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I hate the ****ing cowboys but playoffs seem the most logical for that team in the East.

Games might be overboard though :)

Thanks. I love ALF but I'd rather not. Maybe I'll stash another QB to back up Cousins since I just dropped Dalton. 

I don't blame you, Morris is gone for a reason.  Funny you mention Cousins, if anyone worries me, its him right now.  I'm streaming Carr right now against the Jets, hoping Cousins wakes up against the Rams.

Yeah, the Colts is the only reason i'd consider Williams this week until i see what the Cards will do with their backfield. I picked up Rogers specifically for these first few weeks matchups.. martin being out obviously, but the bucs have a nice early schedule.

~Bang

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I don't blame you, Morris is gone for a reason.  Funny you mention Cousins, if anyone worries me, its him right now.  I'm streaming Carr right now against the Jets, hoping Cousins wakes up against the Rams.

I think Cousins is ok but Tyrod is available and he consistently scores well in FF.

1 hour ago, bobandweave said:

So I pulled off my first trade of the season this week. 

I drafted Todd Gurley in the second round of the draft with one understanding. 

If he struggled week one to get rid of him week two

I was in love with his volume and lack of any seriously replaceable backup and his ADP but I had concerns

And then week one happened. 

19 carries
40 rushing yards
2.1 yard per rush average

Against the Colts.

That's absolutely dreadful. I don't care he managed to salvage his day with catches. I want RBs that 1) Get volume and 2) Do something with the volume and 3) I trust

Todd Gurley looks to me like the next Trent Richardson. He has played exactly 20 games since he last had a hundred yard rushing game. His ypc average has been under 3 yards for his last 4 games played. I'm done with him. I've seen enough. With such a large sample size it was enough for me to bail on him and thinking this will become a very popular thought in the next few weeks. Sometimes it's just better to be out early when you can then hold out and wait and get nothing. 

So I traded him. In week 2 I traded my 2nd round pick. Not the way I do things or play usually. Some may ask why draft him if I thought that way? I'd answer because honestly I liked the things I said about him above. I just think if he can't do it against the Colts then when will I ever trust him to do it against the teams in his division?  

I'm curious to get some feedback on this. Do you think I made the right move moving him or should I have held and you think he turns it around? 

It would help if you told us who you traded him for.

1 hour ago, bobandweave said:

To me that's irrelevant. Why I didn't include what I got for him is not a bragging post. This is not asking for trade evaluation opinions (you'd need to see who I got for him) rather it's to to hear opinions on the man himself I gave up. I could post who I got, but that would be bragging. That's not the information I seek or the reason for this post. I'm asking for your opinion on Todd Gurly's future. 

Well McVay is a better better offensive mind than Fisher which will solidify Gurley's floor due to his pass catching ability, Additionally, I believe Gurly got more yards after contact than any other back last year  - problem was he was being hit in the backfield which indicates a blocking problem. Of course this also indicates an inability to adjust to that weakness by the Running Back. Bottom-line probably is a good window to trade him but you should be able  to get a quality player in return.

8 hours ago, sportjunkie07 said:

I'd say that's pretty reasonable. The league I've been playing in for a few years has 10pt bonuses at 200 yards receiving, 200 rushing, and 400 passing. Also 50yd+ td plays get a 2pt bonus. 

I find it pretty reasonable and 2-3 times a year you will hit a significant bonus. 

Yours are negligible tbh outside of defensive plays.. those are just annoying in general. 

Kickers and defense need to go extinct from fantasy imo. 

Yea. My league is like 2 bonus points at 300 passing yards (somewhat common) 5 at 350, 10 at 400 (not common) and so on. Also bonus points for 40+ yard gains and even more for TDs from 40 yards out. Deefensive TDs are 20.  One point per defensive 3 and out. Its a really fun league. 

I think people might regret overlooking Tarik cohen.

The guy is obviously electric, but he is in a unique situation with a lack of talented wide recievers on his team. In fact, cohen probably is the best reciever on the bears.

The coaches are already using him in the slot at times and they are game planning to give him touches. He also got some wildcat work and fielded some punts. This bodes really well for fantasy purposes and I don't think it'll be ending anytime soon. 

I guess you could say that his small size will get him hurt, despite him being tough, but that doesn't really matter cuz you are getting him for nothing right now.

And he had a long pass batted away in the end zone and almost got a td on his reverse the field run. Very nearly a 40 pt fantasy game. 

It's low risk high reward atm. 

4 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Released Allen Robinson, Eli Manning and Brandon Marshall. 

Hail. 

Thought you liked players that get to go against the Skins twice (as do I). Marshall looks good for 2-3 TDs those.

I dropped Woodhead. Too long out to stash for my tastes, and not a super talent. Reckon he'll still be available when he gets healthy, and one of the other two may lock down that job by then. Also, Rawls was there as a replacement.

25 minutes ago, KevinthePRF said:

Week 2 who would you start?  Isaiah Crowell vs Bal. Adrian Peterson vs NE? 

Crowell is their bell cow. No question for me.

2 hours ago, Bonez3 said:

What are some peoples projections for Ker. Williams this week?

Pick 2 in non-PPR, big yardage bonuses for over 100... DeMarc. Murray, Gurley or Ker. Williams???

Gurley for sure, second is a toss up. Jax D looked strong last week, but I'd still go Murray...got no clue what's gonna happen in Ariz.

1 hour ago, skinfan2k said:

I have Luck and Bradford but i need a QB until Luck is back.  What should i do?

Keep Bradford until he is injured???

palmer, goff, flacco, hoyer, siemien

I'd def keep Bradford, but if I've got a player I could stand to lose, I'd pick up Flacco too, then make the decision who to drop when Luck gets fit.

2 minutes ago, JMURedskins said:

Maclin

Watkins

Golladay

pick 1

That's a toughie, but I see it such:

Maclin- solid, and Panthers back 4 are suspect, but I just don't trust Taylor.

Watkins- going against Skins D is always good, until proven otherwise. If Norman shadows him, though, could be tough.

Golladay- great debut, but can't expect those results weekly from a number 3. Lions against the best D backfield of the three.

I'd probably lean Watkins (I'm starting him) and hope he gets away from Norman enough to do damage. Game could be a shoot-out.

Archived