Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Fantasy Football

JamesMadisonSkins

7 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Stating the obvious but if you can stash him naturally do and hope you're still in play come the back end and the playoffs for his return. 

But I don't have to tell you that's obviously dependent on your roster which doesn't sound too great. 

Hope that's the last of any injuries for you bud. No injury is good but ones to major, key players just plain suck. Week 1 will of sadly hit a lot of guys hard already in that regard. 

Hail. 

Yeah its all good. I lost keenan allen last year and still made the final game. Just makes things tougher. 

49 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Ok Interested to hear peoples views. 

Taking advantage of the person I'm trading with losing his top RB Danny Woodhead, I've just had a straight up trade accepted between two Steelers. 

I give up Le'Veon Bell. In return, I receive (pun DEFO intended) Antonio Brown. 

Already having Leonard Fournette and Dalvin Cook on my roster at RB as two cowbell rookies who look in excellent situations to have great first years, whilst losing Allen Robinson for the year W1 to further decimate a receiving corp that only has Michael Crabtree as the standout right now, along with hopefully Cory Davis playing a big part in TN s he develops in the pros; this seemed a no brainer for me to switch a top RB for a top WR down to need and strength in depth to allow that. 

My trade partner has the depth of Doug Baldwin, Golden Tait and Stefon Diggs at WR to allow him to let Brown leave. Whilst being light at RB with Woodhead down and the other main standout being Marshawn Lynch. 

So this is the perfect trade for the pair of us IMHO. 

And as an extra bit of spice, we play each other this week in a match up of unbeaten teams with the Steelers at home to the Vikings!

Hail. 

*Edit* Same PPR league as our ES one has been the past 5 years. 

Good trade for both.

Horrific start to my fantasy season. Lose Allen Robinson (my WR2 I was banking on) for the season. Lose David Johnson for what looks like most of the season. Andrew Luck doesn't look like he's destined back any time soon. And Paul Perkins and Joe Mixon who I were hoping could emerge for depth both had bad starts. Lost and had the lowest point output I've had in years. I'm hoping to move Johnson to IR today along with Luck and then will release Duke Johnson so I've got 3 spots to add on WW with my FaaB tonight. What do you guys think about my priorities?

1. Tarik Cohen

2. Kerwynn Williams (don't love it, but almost have to)

3. Cooker Kupp

4. Chris Carson

5. Nelson Agholor

6. Kenny Golladay

7. Samaje Perine (as a shot in the dark, since Kelley was disappointing to say the least)

WRs: Davante Adams, DeVante Parker, Rishard Matthews

RBs: Melvin Gordon, CJ Anderson, Joe Mixon, Paul Perkins, Tevin Coleman

I'm pretty desperate. I'd basically be inserting Cohen, Williams and Kupp into my line-up almost immediately. May need to commit a large chunk of my FaaB to doing it (of $100 FaaB budget, I've currently got $19 for Cohen, $15 for Kerwynn and $14 for Kupp) ... which might all be low-balling.

1 hour ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Will be dropping him. Would like to keep him but my roster depth is bad and the johnson injury is brutal. 

I'm not overreacting either. I've got a rough team this year so far. 

I'm not sure whether to drop johnson or not. 8-12 weeks on the bench is a long time. 

I feel your pain. I also took the "upside TE" strategy this year and got myself Hooper and Henry. Except I started Henry this week and got a goose egg. Starting Hooper would have gotten me a win in an otherwise horrific week. I hesitate to drop Henry given my only other option is a very hit or miss guy in Hooper.

2 hours ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Will be dropping him. Would like to keep him but my roster depth is bad and the johnson injury is brutal. 

I'm not overreacting either. I've got a rough team this year so far. 

I'm not sure whether to drop johnson or not. 8-12 weeks on the bench is a long time. 

Don't drop Johnson trade him.

3 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Don't drop Johnson trade him.

Just gotta make the playoffs, honestly. If I get word that Johnson is gonna miss 8-12 weeks, then I can comfortably expect that he'll be back for the last few games and at least a playoff run, which could be huge. In Fantasy it's about getting hot. So if you can stave things off and make it to the playoffs, you'll want him around when hes back, trust me.

7-6 makes the playoffs regularly in my league. 6 out of 10 make it. So my goal right now is to get to 7 wins and hope DJ is back for the playoff run, where my team should/could be in good shape to win. 40% of Fantasy Football is working the waiver wire. DJ going down is a dagger, but you can still work the WW to plug the gap and make the playoffs.

2 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Taking advantage of the person I'm trading with losing his top RB Danny Woodhead, I've just had a straight up trade accepted between two Steelers. 

I give up Le'Veon Bell. In return, I receive (pun DEFO intended) Antonio Brown. 

Already having Leonard Fournette and Dalvin Cook on my roster at RB as two cowbell rookies who look in excellent situations to have great first years, whilst losing Allen Robinson for the year W1 to further decimate a receiving corp that only has Michael Crabtree as the standout right now, along with hopefully Cory Davis playing a big part in TN s he develops in the pros; this seemed a no brainer for me to switch a top RB for a top WR down to need and strength in depth to allow that. 

My trade partner has the depth of Doug Baldwin, Golden Tait and Stefon Diggs at WR to allow him to let Brown leave. Whilst being light at RB with Woodhead down and the other main standout being Marshawn Lynch. 

So this is the perfect trade for the pair of us IMHO. 

And as an extra bit of spice, we play each other this week in a match up of unbeaten teams with the Steelers at home to the Vikings!

Hail. 

*Edit* Same PPR league as our ES one has been the past 5 years. 

Given the situation I think that is a good trade but you are not as ruthless as I am I would have tried to pry more from him by adding Crabtree for one of his other three receivers.

Appreciated thank you.

Although he wouldn't have been a wideout I'd of targeted the draft (I'd of figured on him being gone given my draft strategy), I really kinda' like that the auto-draft 'puter landed me Crabtree. Mirrored up with Brown he should give a consistent 1-2 punch week-on-week with Carr throwing to him behind that Oakland front. 

Hail. 

13 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Adam Thelien is my homeboy!

Now you know who he is lol. His story is pretty bad ass. Broke out last season, was an undrafted player, and in good game scripts has a ceiling that you can not ignore. He's second fiddle to WR1 Stephon Diggs but he's a bad bad man lol

3 hours ago, sportjunkie07 said:

My take is this. The biggest worry here is that the Cardinals completely throw in the towel on this season and they decide to put him on ice until next season. That's the worst case here. If they put him on IR with a return this season then I think he returns probably around week 10 just in time for the fantasy playoffs. Which could be very nice.

If your a contender this year then that happening has to look juicy to you. If your a pretender as long as your not in some sort of keeper league then this presents a selling opportunity for you if you don't want to lock down a roster spot long term. Your going to get pennies on the dollar for him selling now but selling is better then just dropping him outright. If your in any sort of keeper league you have to keep him rostered. I really feel for those playing in leagues using "can't cut lists" and who lack an IR spot.

If your a contender sit on him, if your a pretender find someone board line contending and offer him up for a trade (only if its not a keeper league). 

3 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

I have no issue with what you did there. Seems like a fair trade to me. You made out a hair better then the Bell owner because we've yet to see the Bell from last season but it's only been one week. I think it makes sense for you both to do too and was a good deal. 

Ok, assuming DJ is IR eligible by the day's end, I can add 3 players (waived Allen Robinson and Duke Johnson in anticipation) ... who should I add, and would you change this up at all? This is a FaaB so I could be out-bid by almost anyone, but I want enough guys and am willing to spend that I figure for sure I'll get at least 3 guys... this might be my most active week on the WW ever. I have like 13 claims lined up depending on various scenarios hah.

Cohen and Kupp will be my first 2 ... debating whether or not my third is Golloday or Chris Carson (for the upside) ... any recommendations? Following that I have Buck Allen, Kerwynn Williams, Nelson Agholor, etc.

Currently have 5 RBs rostered (soon to be 4 with Dj going to IR) ... and just 3 WRs ... so I think I should probably get up to 5 WRs if I can get Golloday or Kupp to go with Cohen I'd be happy. But Chris Carson probably has the most "unknown upside" of the group, and I did originally build my roster to be RB heavy (start 4 RB and 2 WR) ...

2 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Horrific start to my fantasy season. Lose Allen Robinson (my WR2 I was banking on) for the season. Lose David Johnson for what looks like most of the season. Andrew Luck doesn't look like he's destined back any time soon. And Paul Perkins and Joe Mixon who I were hoping could emerge for depth both had bad starts. Lost and had the lowest point output I've had in years. I'm hoping to move Johnson to IR today along with Luck and then will release Duke Johnson so I've got 3 spots to add on WW with my FaaB tonight. What do you guys think about my priorities?

1. Tarik Cohen

2. Kerwynn Williams (don't love it, but almost have to)

3. Cooker Kupp

4. Chris Carson

5. Nelson Agholor

6. Kenny Golladay

7. Samaje Perine (as a shot in the dark, since Kelley was disappointing to say the least)

WRs: Davante Adams, DeVante Parker, Rishard Matthews

RBs: Melvin Gordon, CJ Anderson, Joe Mixon, Paul Perkins, Tevin Coleman

I'm pretty desperate. I'd basically be inserting Cohen, Williams and Kupp into my line-up almost immediately. May need to commit a large chunk of my FaaB to doing it (of $100 FaaB budget, I've currently got $19 for Cohen, $15 for Kerwynn and $14 for Kupp) ... which might all be low-balling.

Couple of thoughts...

1. Put a dollar bill on all players you have listed minimum bid no matter which guys you go strong on. Why? Because it's possible some fail to garner any interest at all and you get them for next to nothing. Sure you could put in a zero bid but a dollar beats that. This is a great strategy in case you get outbid on the guys you want. 

2. Sucks the way your season started but have to commend you on not throwing in the towel. A lot of weaker guys would do that

3. If this is a PPR no way I'm dumping Duke Johnson right now on a team needing WRs. Duke is basically a WR now. He got zero carries last week. If the Browns continue to play him only as a WR then his positional status changes this year to RB/WR and you have a receiver you can spot start. Browns will be in mostly negative game script games this year (getting behind and forcing them to throw) which only helps Duke, and with the issues Kenny Britts suddenly having there there looks to be a lot of targets open for pass catchers. Crowell didn't exactly do much of anything to warrant a 100% of the carries there last week either. Could see him used as both WR and RB. I'm holding but that's just me

4. RB's. Now you didn't say if this was a ppr or not. Tarik Cohen is 5'6 and small. He however did have double digit  passing targets last week. If this is a ppr then I see him having some value but without an injury to Howard his production will be very suspect week to week. Kerwynn doesn't interest me much at all because we don't know if they are going to bring back Chris Johnson, or the role that Andre Ellington will have in this offense just yet. Chris Carson could be the best pick of the group, knowing that Eddie Lacy looked completely done and Thomas Rawls has shown he can't stay healthy but once Rawls comes back that could mean the end of any value Carson has for the time being. Very risky pick. Last guy on the list is most confusing to me. Perine was active but never used last week. WTF is that all about? He did not receive a single carry. However since you don't seem to need any guy on this list to start right away (none of these guys is as good as DJ is and it's not close) he might be the play this week. His value probably won't be lower then it is this week. Starting Gordon and Anderson this week will be your best move over all of these guys. 

5. WR. I think based on your rankings I might reverse the order you have them there. You have Kupp first, I think he's probably third on the list. Golliday has been surprising people since training camp. He just had a multiple TD regular season game, after he had a multiple TD preseason game. The worry with him was that he would split snaps with TJ Jones but last week he out snapped Jones by a lot last week. This guy has some seriously good moves and can play. He's my top get in FAAB right now. Minitron is what they are calling him and with moves like this

For his second TD of the game when he was covered by Patrick Peterson that's someone I like a lot. Agalor is interesting, new slot receiver now that Mathews is gone. I think he's looked good, and Kupp is okay. He's looked pretty good this year too. I would just prefer KG over the other two. 

Really appreciate that thorough breakdown @bobandweave! Excellent stuff.

My train of thought goes 2 directions ... long-term and short-term. I'm 0-1 and need to go 7-5 to get into the playoffs as I see it, when I can get DJ back and make noise. I like but don't love Gordon + CJ Anderson as RB1 and 2. They were my envisioned RB2 and Rb4 with the hope that Mixon would be a stout RB3 with RB1 upside. Still think Mixon will emerge but Week 1 did not give me any "confidence" that it would happen sooner rather than later. Paul Perkins ... don't even know what to think about him right now. But I guess as a rostered RB5, I can't really invest too much emotion either way in him right now. I guess Devonta Freeman could get hurt which would save my season since Tevin Coleman would be an instant RB1. But for now, he's just a back-up and bye-week start.

I'm totally miffed at WR. I do have really high hopes for DeVante Parker but at this point my season may ride on him emerging as a WR1 or at least WR2. I like Rishard Matthews as a flyer WR4/5 but now he's my WR2/3, which can't happen. If I can continue to bank on starting 4 RBs then I just need Parker to be solid. But adding Kupp AND Golloday at least gives me some depth and options.

Looking at the guys I mentioned ... Cohen and Golloday would likely start for me this week, or at least be in the discussion as starters. Carson wouldn't, but he could be the one on the list with the most upside. I don't love Kerwynn Williams but in limited carries he does have a career YPA above 5, so IDK what to think there. And Buck Allen is who we think he is. He's probably on par with Paul Perkins in terms of upside ... he's an RB4/5 in my eyes.

So if I'm going roster stability, I probably lean Golloday and Kupp to go with Williams. If I'm looking to go pure upside and try to catch lightning in a bottle, maybe I go Golloday with Carson and Cohen. But your analysis does help a lot. Thanks!

6 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Non ppr.

Start 5 out of these 6. At least 2 have to be RB. Week 2 opponents listed after name

Cooks (Saints) , Diggs (Steelers), Ty Montgomery (Falcons), Kareem Hunt (Iggles), Ajayi (Chargers), Michael Thomas (Pats).

Right now Thomas is the odd man out, I think.

Damn you. Dammmmnn youuuuuu.

I go RB heavy on a non-PPR. Cooks, Thomas, Montgomery, Hunt, Ajayi

I know Diggs had a great game, but I still hesitate to put him over someone like Michael Thomas.

16 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Damn you. Dammmmnn youuuuuu.

I go RB heavy on a non-PPR. Cooks, Thomas, Montgomery, Hunt, Ajayi

I know Diggs had a great game, but I still hesitate to put him over someone like Michael Thomas.

I started Baltimore and Dan Bailey Week 1 too. 40 pts from the D and K. :)

Made up for Cousins and Jimmy Graham disappointing.

8 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Right now Thomas is the odd man out, I think.

I'm leaning on sitting Ajayi in that one. Came down to where the games were being played. Give me a Michael Thomas in New Orleans in a shoot out over a Jay Ajayi in Los Angeles. The Chargers run defense didn't look bad last week. They didn't give up a 100 yards or a TD to a RB. I'd hate to sit Thomas in a nut spot for Ajayi only to see him go off

26 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Better dynasty stash Laquon Treadwell or John Ross.

That's really tough. Both have the draft pedigree you want to see but both have issues. Neither is in a better situation this year then the other.

Treadwell played a lot of snaps last night and caught a pass but that receiver group is so deep that he's not likely to have that much of an impact this year unless an injury happens. He's clearly the WR3 on the Vikings. If your asking about this from the standpoint of needing something this year I think he is outscored by Ross. But Ross has his own issues. He is already hurt and he is playing on a team who just might have the worst offensive line in all of the NFL this year that completely ruins this offense.

When you look at the differences here between the two guys they are nearly identical minus two things. College production Ross wins that, with his 17 receiving TDs in his last college season vs 11 for Treadwell. The other is speed. Ross wins that as well posting a 4.22 fourty vs Treadwells 4.64. I give the advantage to Ross by a hair for the reasons stated

14 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

That's really tough. Both have the draft pedigree you want to see but both have issues. Neither is in a better situation this year then the other.

Thank you. I have until tomorrow to decide. I am looking for the better dynasty stash. As long as Diggs and Thielen play like they did last night, Treadwell will be at least fifth in the pecking order. Diggs, Thielen, Rudolph and Cook being in front.

I never see Ross being a true #1, but a solid #2 if he is healthy.

I'm bidding on Hurns and Agholor, but I'm not going crazy on either.  $8 bids for both ($100 budget).  I know someone else will probably overbid me, but I am not convinced either one of those guys will tear it up.  Jacksonville seems like more of a running team this year with Fournette, and Bortles is still a bad QB.  Aghholor still has Jeffery, Smith, Ertz, and Sproles to contend with.  I would lean nabbing Hurns over the two, the Jaguars will likely still throw a lot because they will be behind late in games, they are still the Jaguars.

Archived