Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Viral: Man slaps racist woman on bus after she uses racial slurs against him

ExoDus84

Slapped!  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Did the woman deserve the five-fingered hello?

• Yes
    • No

3 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Nope.  He knew the answer, too, as he made sure the bus door would be open for an escape.

Really, though, neither party represents the best society has to offer.

I agree with twa that that was a weak sauce slap anyway, and I just shook my head when he quickly jumped off the bus to avoid retaliation.  They both bammas, and I'm voting no.

15 minutes ago, DM72 said:

You take it anyway you want to. Don't get mad at me, get mad at the woman who was goading that man to leach out.

Listen to the "conversation" beforehand, such as it is.  During their Socratic discourse, she notes that he had just used the very same word to her, calling her "my nigg**."  He entered it into the conversation.  So who was goading who?

7 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Listen to the "conversation" beforehand, such as it is.  During their Socratic discourse, she notes that he had just used the very same word to her, calling her "my nigg**."  He entered it into the conversation.  So who was goading who?

I did not hear him once call her a "n-word".

3 minutes ago, DM72 said:

I did not hear him once call her a "n-word".

I didn't either. What I said is that she can be heard saying, at :20, "You already called me your nigg**."  And also, at :15 you hear her saying "We call each other that," leading me to believe that these two know each other and this isn't some random confrontation.

1 hour ago, SkinInsite said:

Same feeling as the Richard Spencer

Sometimes people got learn the world punches back

Where I'm at. You give people passes on being an asshole and eventually everyone is an asshole. 

In a perfect world it doesn't come to violence but that vile creature was obviously too far gone for simple words. Sometimes spanking a child is appropriate. 

Not specific to this incident, but from a strictly social and linguistic point of view, I find it remarkable just how supercharged that word has become in the last 40 years or so.  Has there ever been any other slur in the English language as fraught with negative power as that one?  It is the only one I know of that, along with curse words, cannot be written. And its power to offend has only grown with time, not waned.

I don't say that as a judgment one way or the other, but just as an observation that one word can be packed with such power.  It speaks to much larger issues dealing with our past.

I think there's really a very simple way to avoid the whole problem.

Shut the **** up.

Seems a lot of people forgot this is an option, and since they can't shut the **** up and insist on saying insulting and ignorant things, they get to meet people who will slap the **** out of them.

She asked for it. She may not have thought that was the answer to what she asked for, but oh well, once again, the best way to avoid that man slapping her is to shut the **** up, mind her own business, and not be an asshole to the people around her. 

This isn't "what we've become" this is what we ARE, and now we just see it. What we are "becoming" are people that are tired of taking **** from ignorant pigs.

It doesn't matter that she's a woman.. i see this as no valid protection anymore on moral grounds. She stuck herself in harm's way, and what happens after she steps into it is as much her responsibility as his.

I've been in many a scrap. And the first rule to not be in one is don't put yourself in a situation in which you are unprepared for the consequence. Opening up your yap like she did put herself in there, and once there, no sympathy for what happens if it fits the crime. In her case an open hand slap right across her mouth was a fine response. 

I noticed that even though he took off, she shut right the **** on up.

Think she'll think about what she's going to say on the bus tomorrow?

~Bang

1 hour ago, DM72 said:

You take it anyway you want to. Don't get mad at me, get mad at the woman who was goading that man to leach out.

I'll take it that maybe you don't understand that this isn't as simple as "yes" or "no"

If we all went and hit someone who ever said a horrible thing to us we'd all be in jail. "Hit the first person that's mean to you" is not something we're all taught. At the same time, the world is a different place, and it doesn't mean that it's healthy course of action to go around being a racist to everyone in sight, because you might get dropped. And people like me, who in most cases will walk away from a situation like and won't necessarily advocate that others do it, won't feel the least bit sorry for them. There's also the subjective nature of "People who deserve to get hit". This woman got a false eye or whatever knocked out. If she was standing up, got hit, fell over, hit her head on something and was critically injured, did she still deserve it?

For you to insinuate that anyone recognizing this is somehow afraid, is pretty damn stupid

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'll take it that maybe you don't understand that this isn't as simple as "yes" or "no"

If we all went and hit someone who ever said a horrible thing to us we'd all be in jail. "Hit the first person that's mean to you" is not something we're all taught. At the same time, the world is a different place, and it doesn't mean that it's healthy course of action to go around being a racist to everyone in sight, because you might get dropped. And people like me, who in most cases will walk away from a situation like and won't necessarily advocate that others do it, won't feel the least bit sorry for them. There's also the subjective nature of "People who deserve to get hit". This woman got a false eye or whatever knocked out. If she was standing up, got hit, fell over, hit her head on something and was critically injured, did she still deserve it?

For you to insinuate that anyone recognizing this is somehow afraid, is pretty damn stupid

Everybody know that you can't hit someone every time someone makes you mad. But if someone repeatedly calls you a racial slur that makes you look and feel sub-human repeatedly in a bus full of people, that's totally different. 

And the reason I put my name next on my yes vote, is because most people voted yes, but when you see all the comments, I didn't see any hard yes's. I saw a bunch of "he shouldn't have done it, but."

Again, don't get mad at me. Get mad at the woman who kept calling that man a "n-word".

When you take things to violence you can set off a chain of events that you never intended.  People don't always react as you might expect and situations like that can escalate suddenly in ways that are hard to foresee.  Plus, there is always the chance that they have an unknown medical condition and a quick slap, not intended to do much damage, ends up killing them.  

I agree with Sinister, this isn't a yes or no situation.

She seems like she has mental issues. I've had mentally ill people yell racial slurs at me.

Escalating a non-violent situation to violence is never a good idea.

I thoroughly enjoyed the video of Richard Spencer being punched in the face. This one was just uncomfortable.

1 hour ago, DM72 said:

Everybody know that you can't hit someone every time someone makes you mad. But if someone repeatedly calls you a racial slur that makes you look and feel sub-human repeatedly in a bus full of people, that's totally different. 

Then you are a terrible role model

And the reason I put my name next on my yes vote, is because most people voted yes, but when you see all the comments, I didn't see any hard yes's. I saw a bunch of "he shouldn't have done it, but."

And that's the way it should be. Though I don't feel sorry a racist got hit, but sometimes you have to be the bigger person and and find a way to remove yourself from the situation, unless you want to be behind bars. And I suggest you not try to make it look like I don't have a problem with what the woman said, because I do. So what. Life isn't fair. 

9 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Then you are a terrible role model

Never said I was one.

I can tell you one thing, she probably won't call someone else a "n-word". 

16 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Yall sure know how to suck the fun out of everything. 

Am I the only one thinking we need this guy to be in a room with Trump and every time he says something dumb this guy slaps him and runs out the door? Or just have him slap Trump if he reaches for his phone to tweet. 

A follow up on my earlier thoughts:

I'm a martial arts instructor. I've trained with many women that could do some very real damage. Women that, if they came at me with intent to harm, I'd have to really hurt in order to protect myself. I defend against a threat regardless of gender, because women can absolutely be a threat. And to me, the reason domestic violence should be framed as a women's issue is because women are disproportionately affected, not because women are delicate flowers with some magical aura that they should never be touched. 

That said, I also train one very important tenant above all else: always look to de-escalate a situation, especially if it has yet to become violent. So with that:

~ It is NEVER okay to use physical force if none has been used against you

~ I will not feel bad for her just because she is a woman. She antagonized someone who, unfortunately, did not agree with my first point, and paid the price.

Again, just two assholes being assholes to each other. 

Archived