Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Viral: Man slaps racist woman on bus after she uses racial slurs against him

ExoDus84

Slapped!  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Did the woman deserve the five-fingered hello?

• Yes
    • No

9 hours ago, RedskinsMayne said:

Do you think it impossible for someone, in the heat of the moment, to do something that is out of character? Rage makes people do stupid things all the time, even murder. Rage is fleeting. 

Personally, I am of the opinion that anger or rage or childish tantrums often act like alcohol (in vino veritas), they reveal the underlying truths of a person, overwhelm their efforts to hide what they really are inside. Lies are almost always spoken in friendly tones.

On 5/25/2017 at 7:31 PM, PokerPacker said:

Fixed for equality.  Men shouldn't hit women.  Women shouldn't hit men.  People shouldn't ****ing hit each other!  No need for a double standard.  Don't hit other people.  If you break that rule, then you'll just have to deal with it when someone reciprocates.  Was that person bigger and stronger than you?  Then it was really ****ing stupid of you to hit that person, wasn't it?

Men and women aren't the same.  There are a host of biological and social differences between them.  A suite of them makes men bigger and more aggressive.  Our society has a problem of men hitting women.  It does not have a comparable problem of women hitting men.  Nor does a man hitting another man create the same trauma.  That is why we as men need to establish and adhere to a standard of not hitting women.  To think that if men make this commitment to not hitting women in particular then there could be this problem of women abusing helpless men is silly.

On 5/24/2017 at 11:28 PM, Rattlesnake88 said:

Reread my post and I see what you mean. No didn't mean it like that. 

what I meant is that I don't wish harm on anyone regardless of race and if they are racist.

only if they try to hurt me or my family. And if it's a female I don't believe in close fist strikes or over retaliation. 

Hope thats clearer

I figured as much. Having ADD, I understand how easy it is to get off track a bit.

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Men and women aren't the same.  There are a host of biological and social differences between them.  A suite of them makes men bigger and more aggressive.  Our society has a problem of men hitting women.  It does not have a comparable problem of women hitting men.  Nor does a man hitting another man create the same trauma.  That is why we as men need to establish and adhere to a standard of not hitting women.  To think that if men make this commitment to not hitting women in particular then there could be this problem of women abusing helpless men is silly.

I don't know how or why this is so hard to explain or grasp. When was this lost? 

I don't feel sorry for this woman at all, but the guy was not wise to do what he did. Sure, people like that woman could use a reality check, but it's likely she's gotten many in her life and refuses to learn. The guy could have caught harges. Would have been much better to simply cut her down with words, wouldn't have been hard either, or simply tell the woman you pity her. One could try to de-escalate and strike a common bond, help each other grow, but in that case such a solution may be pie-in-the-sky wishful thinking.

4 hours ago, LD0506 said:

Personally, I am of the opinion that anger or rage or childish tantrums often act like alcohol (in vino veritas), they reveal the underlying truths of a person, overwhelm their efforts to hide what they really are inside. Lies are almost always spoken in friendly tones.

and another thing that makes behavioral science fun is that for all our raging divisiveness, at our core and in general, we have the same underlying truths, the same underlying fears, and practice the same unproductive deceptions to self/others in response to them as a common means of "management"....

14 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

and another thing that makes behavioral science fun is that for all our raging divisiveness, at our core and in general, we have the same underlying truths, the same underlying fears, and practice the same unproductive deceptions to self/others in response to them as a common means of "management"....

We are running on the same programming as we were in the caves, NakedApe 1.0

8 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Out of curiosity, how does this factor into your equation with the transgender issue? At what point when a woman is transitioning into a man are they eligible to be treated as a man when it comes to being struck? And in reverse, when does a man transitioning into a woman become off limits to being hit?

I'm not just trying to stir the pot, since it's always either to take an extreme position ("Women and men are totally equal and you should treat each the same, so I'll hit (or not hit) anybody all the same!" vs. "I'd never hit a woman even if she's currently stabbing me to death because women are fragile!"), but it does seem like the old mantra of "A man should never hit a woman" becomes a bit muddier when those terms don't mean today what they did when most people grew up with this motto.

To me, the "No man should ever hit a woman, period" Argument, when used in todays world, with todays people, coupled with my own experiences growing up, and being an adult out and about, has always felt like thinly veiled misogyny more than anything else. I mean sure, we all have our own scenarios in mind when we use that line, but for me, it simply is not applicable. It is in need of a 21st century reexamination and software update 

5 hours ago, GhostofSparta said:

I'm not just trying to stir the pot, since it's always either to take an extreme position ("Women and men are totally equal and you should treat each the same, so I'll hit (or not hit) anybody all the same!" vs. "I'd never hit a woman even if she's currently stabbing me to death because women are fragile!"), but it does seem like the old mantra of "A man should never hit a woman" becomes a bit muddier when those terms don't mean today what they did when most people grew up with this motto.

I've never read a study about it, but my gut says transgender people face elevated rates of abuse and domestic violence.  They're basically the most outcast people in most societies and thus a particularly vulnerable group.  I think that, like women who were born female, it is particularly heinous for a man to strike them.

5 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

To me, the "No man should ever hit a woman, period" Argument, when used in todays world, with todays people, coupled with my own experiences growing up, and being an adult out and about, has always felt like thinly veiled misogyny more than anything else. I mean sure, we all have our own scenarios in mind when we use that line, but for me, it simply is not applicable. It is in need of a 21st century reexamination and software update 

It's misogynistic to think that men should never strike women?  Think about that for a second.

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

It's misogynistic to think that men should never strike women?  Think about that for a second.

It's like the scene in "Deadpool" where Wade is unsure if the punishment he inflicts on the female villain is sexist because he is hitting her or would be sexist if he didn't.

But this is also a movie about a guy who overcame terminal cancer and cannot die.

I for one (or two here in ES tailgate) will proudly live with the outdated software of being morally opposed to striking women with intent to cause bodily harm.

Sometimes the old operating systems work better anyways.(I'm looking at you windows 10)

34 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

I so much want to post comments. Black women are the reason that world hip hop exists. Typically...violence. ignorant violence. 

Black folks give them the most footage. 

Do you find yourself having a lot of negative thoughts & views when it comes to that particular group of people?

7 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Do you find yourself having a lot of negative thoughts & views when it comes to that particular group of people?

Not really, I don't typically think about any race of people at all until someone brings up race as a reason or defends a race. 

People are people. You would be in denial if you think black women are not more violent than black men...or any other sector of people. 

That and the ratchet ass folks...regardless of race. 

20 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Not really, I don't typically think about any race of people at all until someone brings up race as a reason or defends a race.

I didn't read the whole thread... was race a subtopic of conversation? It's not on the last page.

20 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

People are people. You would be in denial if you think black women are not more violent than black men...

I think other factors contribute to level of aggression or violence besides race and gender.

8 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I don't understand the point you're trying to make.

Then I'll illustrate. My parents divorced when I was a kid. My mom ended up with a boyfriend, whom she eventually married. My mother is a hothead sometimes.. That can make for a bad chemical reaction when paired with a sensitive man. But several times over the course of about 4 years, I saw her get slapped, punched, kicked, for no reason at all. She certainly did not call him a cracker, or honky, or hit him. All she did was walk away from an argument, likely started concerning his gambling habits (where he nearly destroyed us), or not cooking, or "Talking about me behind my back," Something he always liked to accuse her of. That is the first thing I think of when I hear the phrase "No man should EVER hit a woman, PERIOD"

I also have the unfortunate pleasure of seeing this from another angle.... My uncle (father's brother) who lives in Ohio, with his crazy wife. Wife cheated on him several times. He placed a camera in their bedroom, and caught her. Instead of being remorseful, she was the exact opposite. Basically said **** you, and challenged him, and they got into a heated argument. I bet many here who think a woman should be at least slapped over words exchanged, would have probably beaten the brakes off of her at this point. But he didn't. She got in his face and even dared him to hit her. Still didn't. Instead (and this is what he told me anyway) he pushed her away from him and was going to leave the house. She went ballistic and punched and scratched his face up, and hit him with a flashlight. My uncle isn't someone over 6 ft and 200 whatever that can just stand there and eat punches( probably barely 6 ft and around 165 tops.... She is around 5'9, former soccer player, with a thick lower half). He still didn't hit back, but got jacked up. Called the police, didn't press charges (a very familiar circumstance). Took a break, vowed to make things work, for their son. They still have issues. I go over there sometimes during the holidays, and every time I go, I often take note of the battered husband traits that he exhibits, and get angry, thinking about it, seeing her fake smile, hoping one day she gets hit by a bus.

As I've grown up, I've come across many violent, confrontational females, who could easily throw hands with the average guy, whether it be at school, in the neighborhood, on the street. Some are/were friends of mine. Just grew up in rough neighborhoods, and adopted a certain mentality that no one would cross them. Women are not the same as men. Men aren't the same as other men, either. And women aren't the same as other women. When I think of "Never hit a woman," I think of tiny little snowflakes, too weak and fragile to do any harm to a man. A world where men are the aggressors. A world where men are the only bad people.. It has been taught to us through generations, and several generations ago, it may have certainly been true, in one way or another.

Despite my experiences seeing my mother beaten in front of me several times as a child, growing up, after everything I have seen and heard, I know that is not a world that I live in, and for that reason, when seeing everything in it's totality, and not centering on the easiest or most simple image or scenario in my mind that falls under that description, I can never say "Never"

18 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I've never read a study about it, but my gut says transgender people face elevated rates of abuse and domestic violence.  They're basically the most outcast people in most societies and thus a particularly vulnerable group.  I think that, like women who were born female, it is particularly heinous for a man to strike them.

Oh I get that. And I'm not saying we should all go around hitting transgendered people because they exist. This question was in regard to self-defense, as in the other party was the aggressor. I was just curious where some people drew the line. For example, is it worse if a MtF transgendered individual strikes a FtM, or is it worse the other way around? Would somebody feel worse, better, the same, etc. about hitting a woman who was born female, or about hitting a man who was born female, or about hitting a woman who was born male?

I also have questions about where people have to rank in the minority/disadvantaged hierarchy for others to justify striking somebody over words (for example, if the situation were exactly the same, but the woman had been a Latina or Middle Easterner, would those who are "okay" with it change their opinion?). But I believe that to be too much of a derail for this discussion (at least for now, let's see where this goes in a few more pages :ols:)

Obviously unprovoked assault is wrong. But the question was more about self-defense.

I'm seen some women that would flat jack you up, if you wanna stand there and take an ass whuppin cuz of some meme, go for it. I wouldn't.

Now, I would never, ever lay hands on a lady, because a lady could never give one reason to. I would never lay hands on a woman (distinction here) first, there simply are no words that can justify it. BUT, the moment that I get clocked, anyone, anytime, all that **** goes out the window.

As an old white guy I won't judge, but I wouldn't have slapped Blobzilla on the bus, but if I had been sitting two seats back I probably woulda laffed out loud.

Archived