Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ABC (Biloxi, WLOX): Junior Galette arrested

DCSaints_fan

For some strange reason, I still want to see if Galette still has retained any of his former skills, hopefully during OTAs and preseason.  

If he does (and even if he gets suspended for a few games) he'd be cheap insurance for any injuries that may wind up thinning the Skins OLB ranks.  And with Murphy out for a few games, Kerrigan and Smith will need someone decent to spell them from time to time.

Frankly Galette never impressed me as being very sharp off the field, but reputedly he was decent on the field. He's still worth a flyer.

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Randy throwing his hat in the ring for a FO gig with that Bruce Allen level spin.

Winning Getting chased and tased off the field. 

"Rhodes says Galette was told to stop but fled on foot. The officer chased Galette, used a stun gun to subdue him and took him into custody. "

Nice visual there. Proud to wear the burgundy and gold heh.

Maybe a great first step is overrated. 

If he is convicted (which btw, he has not yet) of disorderly conduct, it won't even draw a suspension for it.

Trent Murphy is missing the first four games of the season and we need him.

Keep in mind, we already have two years and three contracts invested in him. It would be downright stupid to cut him even if he did get convicted of these charges.

Disorderly conduct is a very broad charge also and it's really not a big deal.

The Redskins fans on this thread, crying for him to be cut, have most likely done something in the same misdemeanor section, whether charged or not.

Reckless driving?

Drunk in public?

Disorderly conduct?

All misdemeanors.

The alleged "victim" didn't press charges.  Maybe the "victim" was the instigator?

Was the officer wearing a uniform, or plain clothes?

Did he know the police were chasing him when he ran?

So many invariables here.

I would also point out that if Junior Galette, 100% did nothing wrong, and was tasered anyways.

It would not be the first time that happened.

9 hours ago, zskins said:

But he is cheap. Only getting paid like 800K with no incentives. I say we keep him. 

I'm sure they will wait and see what he has in the tank but just thinking realistically, a guy who hasn't played in 3 years and has 2 Achilles injuries is probabaly not the same guy we hope he is.

1 hour ago, dyst said:

I'm sure they will wait and see what he has in the tank but just thinking realistically, a guy who hasn't played in 3 years and has 2 Achilles injuries is probabaly not the same guy we hope he is.

Thats sound logic, cant really argue against it .... but reports were that he looked real good and explosive early last year after blowing out his first achilies so maybe an achillies injury is something guys can make a 100% recovery on. He certainly cant recover from being out of the league for the past 2 years though. 

I want to see that burst in a live game before deciding to cut a vet min big upside guy. 

We have exactly 0 speed pass rushers on our roster. 

3 hours ago, dyst said:

The 2 injuries were not on the same leg. It is a common injury. When the calf muscle heals 100% you are back in form. Injury of this type is common on men over 30 though. He is almost 30...so to the draft board we go.  He will be UFA in 2018. Again he is cheap to keep for 2017. IF he excels on the field then that is good for us and for him as well. 

No harm in keeping him I guess, other than wasting time.  I dont think he'll be the pass rushing savior some people thought he might be.  

This wasn't the worst infraction he coulda had though.  He could otherwise come back from this easy were he anyone else.

On 4/13/2017 at 0:02 AM, zskins said:

The 2 injuries were not on the same leg. It is a common injury. When the calf muscle heals 100% you are back in form. Injury of this type is common on men over 30 though. He is almost 30...so to the draft board we go.  He will be UFA in 2018. Again he is cheap to keep for 2017. IF he excels on the field then that is good for us and for him as well. 

Totally agree.  The bright side is that should he play well, now he won't have as much negotiating strength after a prove it deal comeback season.  They'll be holding these and past incidents against him in any negotiations.  Dude probably just cost himself millions of dollars by running.  He should have just thrown up his hands after the pushing and shoving resulted in the Police getting involved.  They cops said they probably wouldn't have even charged him but he ran.  That kinda says a lot.  I'd bet the charges get dropped if there's no witnesses coming forward and JG's attorney plays the 'Can't trust the Police' card so he ran. Even there, he'll get suspended quicker then Eli Manning will for concrete proof he participated in fraud.  JG will get 4 game suspension and Eli won't miss a down.

Archived