Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ABC (Biloxi, WLOX): Junior Galette arrested

DCSaints_fan

http://www.wlox.com/story/35112552/lessons-learned-from-spring-break-2017

There were 52 arrests made by Biloxi police directly tied to the spring break event. The most curious one was the arrest of former Saints defensive lineman Junior Galette. He was arrested Friday night at MGM Park after getting into a fight and running away. He was charged with disorderly conduct and failure to comply.

This type of stuff just blows my mind in its stupidity. 

You miss two seasons due to injury and constantly tweet about how badly you're dying to play again... then you put yourself into a situation like this that could end in a suspension. Well done. 

@DCSaints_fan I'm going to need you to properly format the thread title according to Rule 10: 

10. Adhere to ES policies on usingheadlines/content from other websites to start a new thread or to add to an existing thread. 
When posting anything concerning news articles from outside sources or using any website as part of the topic please include a direct link (i.e., URL) to the original page/site. Paste the URL directly atop the post, above a small portion of the article's text (for example, the lead paragraph or a particular sentence or two). Such a practice provides credibility and attribution to the source of the information, and allows visitors the option to visit the respective websites. You are responsible for the content you post.

If you are posting a published article from a news source, please title your thread in the following format: "SOURCE SHORTFORM: HEADLINE" (Ex. WP: Redskins Name Mike Shanahan New Head Coach). If the source is a blog or a chain e-mail, put "blog" or "chain e-mail" at the beginning of the thread title.

Please see our copyright statement.

If you're adding content from any website to an existing thread, do not post large sections of that content. Just post the link and a brief section that is relevant to the point the content is intended to support.

2 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Galette = Tanard Jackson

Not even close. Tanard Jackson was suspended multiple times and then indefinitely, for continuing to fail drug tests.

Galette hasn't ever failed a drug test, and was docked two paychecks, two years ago for a crime he was never convicted of.

Darrel Revis was recently charged with similar crimes, and they were dropped.

4 minutes ago, The Mayor of Fed Ex Field said:

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Or does the vague newspaper article contain enough "evidence" to convict him already?

"innocent until proven guilty" applies in a court of law, not so much in the court of public opinion.  If you want to think he's innocent, then he's innocent.

Bond was set at $500, so no one is saying that this is the crime of the century.  But I kind of doubt that another 6'2" 260 lb dude that looks like JG was running away from the police, and they end up picking up poor, unlucky Junior Gallette by mistake.  Just like I doubt he was trying to give that lady on the beach a better look at his belt buckle.

35 minutes ago, The Mayor of Fed Ex Field said:

He's guilty of putting himself in a bad situation.  Most likely nothing will come of the situation, it's just a bad look for a guy who hasn't played a snap in almost 3 years.

Im not condoning cutting him over it though.  Beggars can't be choosers, and we have to atleast give him a look in camp and preseason.

Disappointing? Yes.  Does it matter for the team?  Not really.  Galette has never been paid anything other than just about the minimum here.  He cost us nothing.  He hasnt played yet.  I wasnt really expecting him to make it to a game without injury, so anything beyond that is a bonus.  I dont see a point to cutting him now, again, hes on a minimum contract.

Just cut him. Never wanted the dude anyway. There are enough players out there who can play who aren't acting like thugs.

1 hour ago, The Mayor of Fed Ex Field said:

Or does the vague newspaper article contain enough "evidence" to convict him already?

I don't remember being seated on a jury.

Archived