Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Ezekiel Elliott

DM72

MisterPinstripe,

Agree with your assessment. The only thing that could be argued is if the lead prosecutor's recommendation was buried as part of the evidence Goodell received. Then the union could argue that Zeke didn't get a fair ruling from the league. Previous cases have already determined the league can do what it wants. Ultimately, Zeke will lose and the general population still won't completely understand why he lost.  

2 hours ago, Busch1724 said:

MisterPinstripe,

Agree with your assessment. The only thing that could be argued is if the lead prosecutor's recommendation was buried as part of the evidence Goodell received. Then the union could argue that Zeke didn't get a fair ruling from the league. Previous cases have already determined the league can do what it wants. Ultimately, Zeke will lose and the general population still won't completely understand why he lost.  

But, a recommendation is just that: a recommendation.   The discipline committee, or any committee in any business anywhere has the right to use a recommendation, take it under advisement, or simply dismiss it.  A recommendation may be made on facts and evidence, but is not binding evidence by any means. So, the NFL choosing to ignore the lead prosecutor's recommendation has no baring on the merits of the suspension, at least not legally, so Zeke has no case.

On 9/7/2017 at 9:57 AM, Busch1724 said:

MisterPinstripe,

The NFL has acknowledged that they heard Kia(sp?) Roberts thoughts. What a lot of people are focusing on is that she didnt think he should be suspended based on that interview. However, they are forgetting that its not the only part of the investigation. There was gathering information from many other sources, text messages, pictures, etc that they took into account. And its based on all of that information as well that made them decide to move forward. If the only investigation was the interview with the alleged victim they may have an argument. But that wasnt the case.

But yeah, I dont see anyway he serves anything but 6 games.

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Ok, so I haven' heard the latest.  Is Zeke out for this week and 6, or did the decision come so late that he can play week 1 and then sit out the next 6? (Which is what I heard on the radio a couple days ago.)

TRO was just granted. Meaning he's free to play week 1 and 2.

as of now, Zeke plays all 16 games. 

15 minutes ago, DeMarco Murray 29 said:

TRO was just granted. Meaning he's free to play week 1 and 2.

as of now, Zeke plays all 16 games. 

This is going to be a fascinating case.  

It's interesting, I feel like there's a lot of smoke here for what Zeke did, and if there is, he should be suspended.  BUT, it also seems as though the NFL botched things up again, because Goodell is an a horses patoot.  

IF Zeke did what he was accused of, then that's unforgivable.  If he didn't, and the NFL is trying to punish him anyway, then that's unforgivable.  

12 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

This is going to be a fascinating case.  

It's interesting, I feel like there's a lot of smoke here for what Zeke did, and if there is, he should be suspended.  BUT, it also seems as though the NFL botched things up again, because Goodell is an a horses patoot.  

IF Zeke did what he was accused of, then that's unforgivable.  If he didn't, and the NFL is trying to punish him anyway, then that's unforgivable.  

Its tough to decipher honestly. 

Do I think Ezekiel Elliott is some sort of saint and is innocent? Hell no.

But I also think they are reaching on some of the stuff here and trying to make pieces fit where they aren't going to.

Zeke got railroaded in this and the way the NFL treated him was disgusting. Glad that the judge did the right thing here and granted him his right to work. Now for my own homerism pov I'd love to see him involved in the case around week 11 keeping him from playing because he's in court and then seeing this case dropped against him and him being freed by week 15. He serves no suspension I mean it's documented that she was still sleeping with him after he supposedly beat her up so I personally don't think he deserves 6 games for this but would love to see this screw up the Boys season some lol. I'm a Redskins fan so sue me lol 

The Josh Brown suspension just shows so much that the flipping Giants run the show in the NFL. **** Goodell and **** the Giants

• 4 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

So what exactly is the latest in the Zeke saga? Is just something that is slowly going to fade away into obscurity and never brought up again, or is a suspension still very possibly on the horizon?

It looks like there will be a court appearance by the league and the union tomorrow.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/29/fifth-circuit-ruling-possible-in-elliott-case-on-monday/ 

On 08/11/2017 at 8:11 AM, DeMarco Murray 29 said:

Rumor is suspension is coming out today. Likely a 6 game ban. If so, Dallas may start the year 2-4 lol 

He has been playing and Dallas still might start 2-4.:dallas_sucks:

On 08/11/2017 at 8:11 AM, DeMarco Murray 29 said:

Archived