Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Ezekiel Elliott

DM72

• 4 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

Have a nice vacation, your sorry ass shouldn't have been allowed to play us a couple weeks ago.

I must ask. Is this it or is there's a chance that this gets overturned?

27 minutes ago, DM72 said:

I must ask. Is this it or is there's a chance that this gets overturned?

It seems like they've used every legal angle possible but who knows, maybe they get Harvey Spector and Mike Ross to represent him and then who knows what could happen.

This is good news for us, the Eagles, and everybody else who face Dallas for those particular weeks, but overall this is very bad for every NFL player in the league.

Somewhere there are gold digging weman/prostitutes celebrating the fact that Goodell has found them a new way to extort football players.  They now know that if they lie on a player about domestic abuse, they can affect his livelihood without a police report or arrest even after the police find her to not to be credible and holes and lies in her testimony. Therefore,  every player is at the mercy of a gold digger's threat!

Until there is a new formula of protecting innocent players according to the law, there will possibly be many more Zeke situations...  but there will definitely be a rise in extortion of NFL players, mark my word.

14 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

If I'm interpreting all this correctly, the next time this will be discussed is Dec. 1st.  So there is no chance it can be overturned until then.  We get Dallas on Nov. 30.  :dallas_sucks::headbang::rofl89:

I believe we have high aspirations for this team.  Why worry whether Zeke plays or not?  You think the Patriots or Eagles worry about who is on the other side on gameday?

You think Gibbs and crew worried about who was playing against us on gameday?  Nope!  We lined them up and knocked them down.  I always wanna face the best a team has, I dont wanna be gifted wins against lesser competition all the way into the playoffs thinking we are better than we are and then we get into the playoffs and get blown out when we face the real competition because we got used to beating up on "nobodies".

To be the best, you've got to BEAT the best.  Iron, sharpens iron.  Im not scared of Zeke, Tom Brady, Julio Jones or anybody else.  I wanna take you down at your best.  Thats how winners and good teams think.  Mediocre teams hope for gifts and angles to the top.

6 minutes ago, LavarArringtonMachine said:

I believe we have high aspirations for this team.  Why worry whether Zeke plays or not?  You think the Patriots or Eagles worry about who is on the other side on gameday?

You think Gibbs and crew worried about who was playing against us on gameday?  Nope!  We lined them up and knocked them down.  I always wanna face the best a team has, I dont wanna be gifted wins against lesser competition all the way into the playoffs thinking we are better than we are and then we get into the playoffs and get blown out when we face the real competition because we got used to beating up on "nobodies".

To be the best, you've got to BEAT the best.  Iron, sharpens iron.  Im not scared of Zeke, Tom Brady, Julio Jones or anybody else.  I wanna take you down at your best.  Thats how winners and good teams think.  Mediocre teams hope for gifts and angles to the top.

All that rah rah, we want to play them at their best stuff sounds great but...

Every opportunity to play a team without one of their essential players is a gift.  Our team is 4-4, and for once in my adult life I can truthfully say that injuries are a significant part of that for this team.  Coaches are absolutely licking their chops when they see a Redskins team missing Trent Williams and Josh Norman.  

57 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

All that rah rah, we want to play them at their best stuff sounds great but...

Every opportunity to play a team without one of their essential players is a gift.  Our team is 4-4, and for once in my adult life I can truthfully say that injuries are a significant part of that for this team.  Coaches are absolutely licking their chops when they see a Redskins team missing Trent Williams and Josh Norman.  

First of all, injuries are part of the game, secondly I never want to see ANY NFL player miss paying their bills or feeding their family because of an injustice.  I celebrate a person wrongfully or unfairly punished just so my team can win a game.  This is bigger than football.

Back to wanting to face a team at full strength...  thats not rah rah talk.  Thats wanting my team to be legitimately good beating real competition.

Im pretty sure some teams lick their chops if Trent or Norman is not there...  but I guarantee you the team that is so worried who plays or not is not very well coached and is probably mediocre.  GOOD teams gameplan to take AWAY your strengths.  Not hope and pray they dont show up.  Besides... even without Trent and a banged up Norman, we went into Seattle and came out with a win.  How did the Seahawks chop licking work out for them

With that said, do you think Zeke is the only problem we've had when facing Dallas?  Do you think we would have won a couple of weeks ago if Zeke didnt play in that game?  Remember.... we got whooped on the other side of the ball as well.

On the topic of celebrating this suspension cause it might help out our team for that Thursday night game: I think any nfl fan would want their opponent to be without as many as their best players out as possible. Nothing wrong with that. Doesn’t mean we can’t still feel bad at the same time if it’s an unfair suspension, or anything like that. It’s impossible to predict what could have happened if Elliot missed the first matchup with us. And it’s impossible to predict just how much it will hurt Dallas in the next matchup with us. That’s why we make these predictions though. It’s just that, at the end of the day. 

Although at the same time, I don’t care if our opponent is at full strength or not when we play them. If we win, that’s all I care about :) 

50 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

On the topic of celebrating this suspension cause it might help out our team for that Thursday night game: I think any nfl fan would want their opponent to be without as many as their best players out as possible. Nothing wrong with that. Doesn’t mean we can’t still feel bad at the same time if it’s an unfair suspension, or anything like that. It’s impossible to predict what could have happened if Elliot missed the first matchup with us. And it’s impossible to predict just how much it will hurt Dallas in the next matchup with us. That’s why we make these predictions though. It’s just that, at the end of the day. 

Although at the same time, I don’t care if our opponent is at full strength or not when we play them. If we win, that’s all I care about :) 

I can understand your view.  I disagree with it, but I understand where you may be coming from.

With that said, I do care about facing an opponent at full strength.  I want to beat their team with their best effort and best players.  If they dont have their best player, I wouldnt be mad or upset, but I prefer facing the best.  It builds character to overcome the odds.

Beating up on teams like the Giants, Jets, Raiders, 49ers, Browns or teams without their best players feels good because its a win, but it gives false hope.  When the playoffs come around, 9 times out of 10 you wont be bailed out by mediocre teams.  Its the real deal.

Now I know you have to beat whoever is on your schedule, but I want us to become the best beating the best.  So it doesnt matter to me who plays.  Look how good we felt winning in Seattle with all of our backups.  That felt GREAT and rewarding to come out of there with a W didnt it?  Now I wont ignore the fact that their kicker helped hand us a win missing tons of fgs, but we still overcame a hostile place with what we had facing pretty much a damn good defense even without their all-pro Safety Earl Thomas.

2 hours ago, beachboy757 said:

No need for me to expose them. The posts expose who they are already. 

Ive re-read all of the posts and I haven't seen one that expresses the views or arguments of a Cowboys fan in the thread.  Who is it?  Call them out and expose them!!  Exposing them will be fun and entertaining!!  Who is it?

I’m hoping the next CBA has something in it that the players won’t be able to take suspensions to court. These are ridiculous. No other sport does this. Appeal once and if they reduce it, fine. If not, serve the suspension and move on. Waste of the courts time and money. Really tired of hearing about these situations and court. Brady started it and ended up serving it. Zeke’s suspension would have been over already if he had of just served it. 

1 hour ago, pjfootballer said:

I’m hoping the next CBA has something in it that the players won’t be able to take suspensions to court. These are ridiculous. No other sport does this. Appeal once and if they reduce it, fine. If not, serve the suspension and move on. Waste of the courts time and money. Really tired of hearing about these situations and court. Brady started it and ended up serving it. Zeke’s suspension would have been over already if he had of just served it. 

I think the league should just legally preside over all functions involving rules and regulations in the football operation realm.

They should not be able to punish players that haven't been arrested, charged, or convicted by the law enforcement or court of law.  If the actual law of the land investigates a situation, two different law enforcement jurisdictions come to the conclusion that no laws were broken and they saw fit that there is not enough credible evidence to charge or prosecute someone.....

No sports league should be able to wrongfully punish you if the police, detectives, and courts says you committed zero crimes.

Brady and Zeke did the absolute right thing to fight to clear their name.   In Brady's case, to be known as a cheater isnt cool and could be damaging to his career accomplishments, integrity and his character.  Lets be honest...  this was about air in a damn ball.  Brady got accused of something other qbs said they do all the time.

In Zeke's case, they caught his accuser in all kinds of lies, texts with extortion threats, pics she sent him from a hotel of her cheating on him with a teammate of his, and a sworn testimony from his accuser's own friend that the bruises she took pics of came from a fight she got into with another female the night before at a bar/lounge.  Not from Zeke.  Thats why two different law enforcement jurisdictions dropped the case.

So do anybody really blame Brady or Zeke for fighting to clear their name?

I think the league should oversee league business.  Let the law handle criminal matters.  Now if a player is actually CHARGED and/or GUILTY of something, THEN the league should punish accordingly.  Cant have a commissioner playing God, making up his own laws and punishing innocent players.  That is a danger to ALL NFL players.

Problem with that is in a case like Ray Rice.  Can you imagine the outrage if someone played a week after video like that coming out?

I think there should be a separate independent committee of former players and league people that determine punishment and is not able to be appealed after that. 

Archived