Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Ezekiel Elliott

DM72

When hearing about the latest developments, I was dumbfounded. The NFL certainly seems to know what punishment they want to institute and choose evidence to support the punishment they want. To ignore what Kia Roberts recommended, and for Goodell to let Lisa Friel dictate who could and could not be at that meeting is ridiculous. I'm certainly no Zeke fan, but the punishment may fit the crime, but there isn't enough evidence to fully support the victim's claims. 

The NFL has really crapped their pants on this. There is corruption behind the scenes here. I hope Elliot at the very least plays against the Giants since we already know Mara cheats and I wouldn't be surprised at all if he has some hand in this farce. It makes me sick to have to defend the Cowboys and Zeke definitely needs to improve his behavior, but they are ruining a man here on a very suspect charge. This league has turned into a complete joke and 25+ years of following the Redskins is the only thing that keeps me watching.

Zazzaro and DM72, completely agree. If they did, which it certainly appears, they withheld the recommendation of the lead investigator; he should have it wiped out. It sure seems corrupt, even if it wasn't, and paints the league in a bad light. So far he has wronged Dan, Kraft, Davis family, and Jerry. The next time Rodger's contract is up, I wonder if he'll have the 75% to approve it? He is slowly losing people. They can easily find someone else to make the owners a bunch of money, which is basically the main concern of the owners. 

3 hours ago, Busch1724 said:

Zazzaro and DM72, completely agree. If they did, which it certainly appears, they withheld the recommendation of the lead investigator; he should have it wiped out. It sure seems corrupt, even if it wasn't, and paints the league in a bad light. So far he has wronged Dan, Kraft, Davis family, and Jerry. The next time Rodger's contract is up, I wonder if he'll have the 75% to approve it? He is slowly losing people. They can easily find someone else to make the owners a bunch of money, which is basically the main concern of the owners. 

I see a few people here and there who are sick of the incompetence/corruption at the NFL league offices, and you can count me as one of them, but as long as the Ginger Hammer keeps making the league owners record breaking profits, he is there for as long as he wants.  

Between the corruption, the inconsistencies regarding rules (e.g.. what is a catch?), the league denying the concussion problems, the league's refusal to help out older NFL players, it is becoming really difficult to justify watching NFL football.   But I will watch, I try and tell myself I won't, but I will, because NFL football is awesome to watch on TV.

4 hours ago, doncherry said:

I see a few people here and there who are sick of the incompetence/corruption at the NFL league offices, and you can count me as one of them, but as long as the Ginger Hammer keeps making the league owners record breaking profits, he is there for as long as he wants.  

Between the corruption, the inconsistencies regarding rules (e.g.. what is a catch?), the league denying the concussion problems, the league's refusal to help out older NFL players, it is becoming really difficult to justify watching NFL football.   But I will watch, I try and tell myself I won't, but I will, because NFL football is awesome to watch on TV.

Ha...

On September 1, 2017 at 8:07 AM, justice98 said:

Stall it out, cut the suspension, miss the Skins game.  I'd be cool with that.

I think the NFL's out is gonna be, as I recall, they didnt suspend him solely for one incident.  It was a multitude of things mashed together.

On top of this, what most keep overlooking is the fact that the Brady case set precedent that the NFL and Goodell have the power to discipline players even when evidence is lacking. The crutch here is that the NFLPA agreed to as much in the CBA, and the CBA was upheld as legally binding in the Brady case. So, as I said last year, the fans cheering the deflate-gate outcome because of hatred for the Pats and Tom were missing the implications this would have on their teams down the road. It appears the Cowboys fans may be the first to figure this out firsthand.

On 9/2/2017 at 9:00 AM, Taylor 36 said:

On top of this, what most keep overlooking is the fact that the Brady case set precedent that the NFL and Goodell have the power to discipline players even when evidence is lacking. 

Good point, but in this case it appears they withheld evidence. I"m wondering how that affects the process. 

On 9/2/2017 at 9:00 AM, Taylor 36 said:

On top of this, what most keep overlooking is the fact that the Brady case set precedent that the NFL and Goodell have the power to discipline players even when evidence is lacking. The crutch here is that the NFLPA agreed to as much in the CBA, and the CBA was upheld as legally binding in the Brady case. So, as I said last year, the fans cheering the deflate-gate outcome because of hatred for the Pats and Tom were missing the implications this would have on their teams down the road. It appears the Cowboys fans may be the first to figure this out firsthand.

The NFLPA got absolutely fleeced in that negotiation, which also didn't allow the players to take action on the back room handshake collusion to keep a year of their salary as low as possible even though it was an uncapped year. 

On 9/1/2017 at 11:48 AM, Busch1724 said:

I don't think this is Roger going rogue though. He is the mouth piece for the owners, it's just a matter of which owners at this point. It's not Kraft, Snyder or Jones and all signs point to Mara. There is no way he does these things without some of the owners input.

1 hour ago, Zazzaro703 said:

The NFLPA got absolutely fleeced in that negotiation, which also didn't allow the players to take action on the back room handshake collusion to keep a year of their salary as low as possible even though it was an uncapped year. 

Fleecing makes it sound like they were tricked or conned somehow.

They weren't. They were just out maneuvered  by the owners and their lawyers, who can make numerous deals like this before breakfast. :) 

They were just outclassed. 

7 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

They weren't. They were just out maneuvered  by the owners and their lawyers, who can make numerous deals like this before breakfast. :) 

I understand what you're saying, but I still like "fleeced" because the players and the union were conned into having D. Smith represent them, and his utter incompetence and stupidity allowed the owners to get everything they wanted, including signing off on the capgate agreement.

1 hour ago, Taylor 36 said:

I understand what you're saying, but I still like "fleeced" because the players and the union were conned into having D. Smith represent them, and his utter incompetence and stupidity allowed the owners to get everything they wanted, including signing off on the capgate agreement.

Well, the only ones who could've conned them in that situation was themselves.

Didn't they elect D. Smith to represent them?

The owners are multi-millionaire and billionaire mover-and-shakers. These kind of negotiations and deals are old hat to them. The union folks can't really compete.

Remember the 1987 strike. The owners ran circles around them and basically busted that union up.

As you said, the union folks (especially D. Smith) are incompetent. They'll mess it up again.

19 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

Yeah I guess you are right. They were outclassed for sure. Some of the owners are right there with the players I would think and I wonder how long they could operate without revenue sharing money coming in.

5 minutes ago, DM72 said:

Surprised no one has commented on this. Apparently Ezekiel Elliott will play week 1 regardless if they reach a decision on his appeal by Sunday or not.

Well, as of right now, he is still suspended (at least according to my fantasy football site).

I have Elliot on my fantasy team. ;) 

There's nothing on NFL.com about him playing Sunday, either.

The NFL has problems going in on things like this because by the time it gets to any sort of hearing the court of public opinion has already decided.  And I feel like the NFLPA is to quick to jump to people's defense on behavior issues

12 minutes ago, carex said:

The NFL has problems going in on things like this because by the time it gets to any sort of hearing the court of public opinion has already decided.  And I feel like the NFLPA is to quick to jump to people's defense on behavior issues

nflpa are union stewards aka defense attorneys. its what they do regardless the crime they are there by their side

3 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

nflpa are union stewards aka defense attorneys. its what they do

they need to spend more time doing injury stuff and getting more money for lower tier players than that

like did the union ever fight the IR standards in the NFL?  In the 80s returns let people take longer to heal up and got replacements signed and then they changed it with no trouble in the 90s

7 minutes ago, carex said:

they need to spend more time doing injury stuff and getting more money for lower tier players than that

like did the union ever fight the IR standards in the NFL?  In the 80s returns let people take longer to heal up and got replacements signed and then they changed it with no trouble in the 90s

unions are politics. politics is media. get reelected

and my previous post of being "by their side" doesn't mean they have their heart in it. Its their job to be there.  "court appointed"

Archived