Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

i think that nunes seeing what he semi-coherently describes is easily believable...and that a law or significant procedural issue is part of his concern, added to it being one working negatively for the admin, even unfairly so...that can all be true quite reasonably---the deal here is how awful it was handled even if so and it sure looks like some collusion between wh folks and nunes to get this out as cover for don's dumbass and to take some heat off him....that's the stupid part they continue...to cause things to become way worse by how guilty they act about everything and all the secret-squirrel machinations, cover-ups, and forgetfulness everywhere..

2 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

i think that nunes seeing what he semi-coherently describes is easily believable...and that a law or significant procedural issue is part of his concern, added to it being one working negatively for the admin, even unfairly so...that can all be true quite reasonably---the deal here is how awful it was handled even if so and it sure looks like some collusion between wh folks and nunes to get this out as cover for don's dumbass and to take some heat off him....that's the stupid part they continue...to cause things to become way worse by how guilty they act about everything and all the secret-squirrel machinations, cover-ups, and forgetfulness everywhere..

It's been pretty amazing to hear all of these Watergate experts and such talk about how the similarity in behavior - denials, talking in circles, etc. - and yet the WH (et al) just carries on with it.  I can't decide if they're just really, really bad at this sort of thing or they honestly don't see anything wrong with it (which is troubling in a whole 'nother way)

• Like 1

Yeah, I keep reading about how similar and even worse than Watergate a lot of this is, but to me, it just seems as if nothing is going to come of it. I guess that's because to the far right, things are going as they want them to go.  I'd bet that the heart of America diehard patriotic Americans that voted for Trump don't care if he's done anything wrong because the "left" is what's evil.  

This whole left/right division is so annoying. I hate both.

12 minutes ago, codeorama said:

This whole left/right division is so annoying. I hate both.

This really isn't a situation where both sides are equal. There's really pretty much only one side to hate here if there is fire in addition to all this smoke. Both sides do not work with Russia or any other foreign power to undermine or worse a US election. Only one has done that and does everything in its power to obstruct justice in the matter.

• Like 3

I only "hate" one. That's not the word I would use but it's the word of the day.

The left, to me, is like the Buffalo Bills. I would normally be indifferent to them except that on this particular weekend, they are playing the Cowboys and if the Cowboys win, the Redskins are out of the playoffs, the Cowboys are in, and Jerry Jones gets to ruin the country.

• Like 1

agreed. This is why the Dems were stupid to not replace leadership after the election. It wasn't a matter IF something would happen. It was a matter of WHEN. Now when you need to dump a guy like Nunes. Trotting Pelosi out there already hurts any point they are trying to make. 

Right now the Rep who openly says they are not comfortable sharing information with Nunes because he might be a security risk to the House and their Committee, wouldn't sound crazy. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

agreed. This is why the Dems were stupid to not replace leadership after the election. It wasn't a matter IF something would happen. It was a matter of WHEN. Now when you need to dump a guy like Nunes. Trotting Pelosi out there already hurts any point they are trying to make. 

Right now the Rep who openly says they are not comfortable sharing information with Nunes because he might be a security risk to the House and their Committee, wouldn't sound crazy. 

This is the single biggest problem with the Dem party: they are all about hierarchy and seniority. Some of the best reps with the greatest integrity are shunned because they wouldn't be part of the emergent dynasty. My representative is a fighter and a guy who has consistently supported not only what is right but what his constituency demands from him. His reward for that is exclusion from the party career trajectory. They're really missing out on someone who could contribute significantly in terms of leadership, but I'd rather he was true to his convictions (and ours) than he play ball with the Wasserman Schultzes of the world.

The Dem "leadership" is clueless and I'm afraid they will allow this travesty to slide by because of their ineptitude and lack of credibility. 

People complain about Democratic leadership, but Pelosi did a pretty good job of holding the Dems in line on the healthcare vote.  But of course this discussion has not a lot to do with the topic.

Good to remember the insane and dangerous lie that Trump told about Obama that caused some of this. 

Edited by visionary
  • Like 1

Nunes should be removed from the committee.  It's such a no brainer and one of the things that makes our system of government so frustrating.  

Our system is so broken that we can't even get the most common sense things right.  

His interview from a few minutes ago on CNN was so insulting.  At this point, I'm not even sure there are any documents,  He might've made it all up.  

Edited by AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy