Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

2 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Not just coordinate a message.

IF true, a foreign government through proxies (wikileaks etc) hacked into the DNC/RNC computers and released info with the intent to influence our elections.

Seems like a scandal to me.

If so, then we have a gripe against Russia. (Although it'd take some serious chutzpah for us to complain about it). 

2 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

If the Trump campaign struck a deal with Russia to release damaging info during the election in exchange for policy leniency, what about that isn't major?  Is this a trick question?

OK, now you've created a scenario that's a legitimate scandal. Although one that I think would take a miracle for you to prove. I mean, politicians spend a whole lot of their careers kinda making promises to people who then make donations or other forms of aid. 

They'd have to be a special kind of stupid to actually make an explicit quid pro quo deal. And then, the odds of getting recorded, making said deal?  

Although, granted, this administration. I mean, we are talking about a group whose national security experts actually phoned the Russian ambassador, and was surprised to learn that the NSA recorded it. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

That guy is dead 

And he knows it. I was sitting here thinking to myself if I could do something like that knowing I was going to get brutally murdered as a reward. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mistertim said:

Jesus. I really need to stop assuming this whole goat rodeo can't get any more ridiculous.

I've always heard that referred to as a "South Dakota Goat ****", rodeo seems much more organized and thought out............

• Like 3

16 hours ago, mistertim said:

Jesus. I really need to stop assuming this whole goat rodeo can't get any more ridiculous.

There is a natural inclination towards normalcy that most people have.  People want to assume the status quo will return, that things will be "normal" and all the craziness will turn out to not be as bad as it looks.

That is a mistake.  We need to stop assuming there's a ceiling to this.  Will there actually be treason here?  Who knows, we're not quite there yet.

But it's folly to write it off at this point.  There is no ceiling on this just yet.

5 minutes ago, visionary said:

Well here's the thing.

In Russia they arrest protesters, and kill journalists.

Maybe they're actually trying to cut you a break.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

There is a natural inclination towards normalcy that most people have.  People want to assume the status quo will return, that things will be "normal" and all the craziness will turn out to not be as bad as it looks.

That is a mistake.  We need to stop assuming there's a ceiling to this.  Will there actually be treason here?  Who knows, we're not quite there yet.

But it's folly to write it off at this point.  There is no ceiling on this just yet.

True. We're under 100 effing days into his presidency and look how insane things have already gotten. At this point "the sky is the limit" is a bit of an understatement. Let's go with "the mesosphere is the limit".

Edited by mistertim

I was in the Philippines when the people revolted against Ferdinand Marcos. I believe the turning point was when soldiers stopped identifying with the regime and started identifying with the people. When I see cops hauling people away like the woman in the picture above—at what point do they identify with those that they are arresting than the state. 

meanwhile, back at the ranch...

http://insider.foxnews.com/amp/article/55045

Shaffer: Trump Wiretapping Case Exponentially 'Worse Than Watergate'

Former CIA officer Col. Tony Shaffer said the basics of President Trump's claim to have been "wiretapped" are likely true, and that the incident is "worse than Watergate."

Noting it has been exactly two weeks since Trump tweeted that President Obama wiretapped his namesake tower, Shaffer said the "basic fundamental idea and claim is true."

He said that Trump was not physically wiretapped, with a wire into his phone, and it may not have physically been Trump Tower, but his campaign apparatus instead.

Shaffer said that due to the simplicity required to "mask" an American's name during an incidental wiretap, that the leak of Gen. Michael Flynn's name was "accidental on purpose."

"Clearly they were after gossip because it was political," Shaffer said, maintaining that the alleged wiretap had nothing to do with Russia.

The "political appointees" in the intelligence community knew exactly what they were surveilling for, Shaffer said, adding that the case is "much worse than Watergate by an order of magnitude.

more at link

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/03/24/its-scandalous-rep-king-says-nunes-had-tell-trump-about-obama-surveillance

'It's Scandalous': Rep. King Says Nunes Had to Tell Trump About Surveillance

Rep. Peter King (R-NY) said this morning he fully supports the decision by House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes (R-CA) to brief the White House on "incidental" surveillance of President Donald Trump's associates. 

Nunes said on Hannity last night he had a "duty and obligation" to inform the president about the intercepted messages, which he said did not involve Russia. 

Meantime, Fox News' James Rosen reports that the National Security Agency is expected to produce more documents to the committee by Friday, including what a source described as a potential "smoking gun" establishing the spying.