Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

13 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Why do I get the feeling that these guys are going to perjure themselves to Congress but that they will try to get off freely via Nunes refusing to yield to a special prosecutor?

This is a dog and pony show, and they're hoping their plausible deniability holds up long enough for them to dismantle the investigation and then basically be immune from all legal consequences for all time.

Well, assuming they'll be under oath, there isn't much Nunes can do if proof comes out that they lied under oath. He can only shelter them so far.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mistertim said:

Unfortunately, at this point I think they could literally be caught taking part in coke fueled orgies with Putin and his associates while being recorded discussing how they colluded and how awesome it is and the Republicans still would stonewall an investigation.

They just bumped into each other  in the hallway and a Coke filled orgy broke out. All that talk about colluding… That's just a role-play. These are old man. They need some help sealing the deal.

11 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

OT but is a banana republic not what I always thought it was?  I thought that was a country that depended almost entirely on a single resource or export for its economy. 

Yeah probably misused it. 

Though perhaps we will end up that way if Trump gets a bill passed that our only exports are now Trump Steaks.

Edited by mistertim

Paul Manafort, Carter Page,and Roger Stone knew damn well they were going to get called before the committee anyway, by subpoena if necessary. Their simultaneous "offer" to "voluntarily" appear is a naked effort to preemptively spin it in a positive light. 

14 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Paul Manafort, Carter Page,and Roger Stone knew damn well they were going to get called before the committee anyway, by subpoena if necessary. Their simultaneous "offer" to "voluntarily" appear is a naked effort to preemptively spin it in a positive light. 

Interesting that they all come forward right after Nunes briefs the WH.  

Hmm...

20 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Interesting that they all come forward right after Nunes briefs the WH.  

Hmm...

Yep. They all volunteered right after they were briefed on which conversations the government knew about. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

I think there's some plan afoot to let them testify and oh, after the fact we find out Nunes gave them blanket immunity but just forgot to mention it, or something else equally clever.

Hillary server investigation redux? ;)

8 hours ago, twa said:

Hillary server investigation redux? ;)

Exactly. That treasonous **** is going to die in jail now that we have Trump in charge. He's getting to it, I swear.  Right after we figure out a way to legally ban the Muslims, whip up a healthcare bill (that whole thing sure snuck up on us, am I right?), do some fundraising for the 2020 campaign fresh off the momentum of exposing Obama for the wiretapping Kenyan that he truly is, forbid any talk of climate change and get rid of any environmental regulations that might keep a few billionaires from getting slightly richer, play 600 holes of golf, and talk some smack to Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Priorities man. But, then he's going to put Hillary in jail because all of that was REAL!!! Really real. It definitely was NOT just a 100% politically motivated artificial scandal that they'll never mention again now that the election is over. That standing ovation they gave Hillary after the inauguration... that was just to get her to let her guard down.

While we're on the subject, we're also gonna do something about that whole abortion thing because the GOP REALLY believes in that cause. Trump does too, the good Christian that he is. Except for the part about getting his jollies by railing out married women maybe. I dunno though. I think we'd all agree that the Bible is kind of ambiguous about the whole adultery thing. In fact, let's just call it what it is. Fake doctrine.) 

pence-trump.jpg

Look at Donald in all of his Christian glory! Praying.... TO GOD!! To the God who has watched over us1 since the beginning of time2. I bet Donnie was even kind of enough to forward Pence's prayer. Funny thing about Donald's prayer though is that it didn't make it past the ****ing ceiling. The unsecured Android moronbox that he uses to amplify the stupidity of our nation every day has better range than a Donald Trump prayer.

ANNOTATIONS

1. Republicans

2. The beginning of time was 5000 years ago. My son learned that from the neighbor boys. You know where they learned it? A school that is soon to be funded by my tax dollars.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 6

28 minutes ago, twa said:

You seem bitter :)

Sounds more like angry, which I can understand considering what a complete joke this administration is and how utterly incompetent this white house is. Honestly, I think we should just consider ourselves lucky that we're not at war with someone yet. But I'm sure he'll get to it.

• Like 1

I liked the times headline a couple days ago on nunes saying he's a lapdog not a watchdog.....for those of you who are hoping this russia stuff will somehow seriously impact trump and some of his top people...my call is you are going to be happy (so to speak).....nothingburger people won't be going away in the meantime of course, which is understandable (imagine these same people  if all this was hillary & co "smoke")...as i noted yesterday, this rush of cats to testify all of a sudden after all these months and right after recent key developments (flynn/woolsey/nunes/other) is  being regarded by several  members of the ic as an obvious organized effort to get out in front by parties involved in what is likely both hacking collusion and two other forms of criminal activities being investigated...the trump folks have too much faith in their layers of cut-outs...but most of the trump people are not skilled operators...even stone isn't as sharp on this stuff as he thinks (no competition for actual spies or agents )...btw, stone is another long time trump circle dude who thinks the fbi and cia are nothing but political and incompetent...

this will be messy, but l predict serious impact on trump and co  

btw...Hayden (former cia dir) was on smerconish (cnn) last week and he predicted that don & co were going to try to use easily presumed (now that the investigation's been publicly acknowledged) incidental collection as some sort of validation of his tweets which of course it would not be, and that is exactly what they ended up doing....and all these people <esp. internet posters and tv commentators> who are going off about "masking/unmasking" don't really know how that stuff works or what it means/doesn't mean in varying circumstances and contexts....

well all i know is it's reality tv time in the usa  and that IS your host's real hair... 

• Like 2

Regarding these testimonies it made me wonder something. Can a person who has direct information on some illegal activity (collusion, etc) make a deal with the congressional committee as far as agreeing to provide said information in exchange for some kind of immunity from possible prosecution, etc? 

11 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

and that is exactly what they ended up doing....

Yup.

I have a family member who basically only posts far right fake news sites.  She's slipped under the veil, and I think it is not possible to pull her out again.  Two things from the past 3 days she's posted (she is a pretty standard "doesn't get you shouldn't re-post 800 things a day on Facebook" person): http://www.yesimright.com/james-comey-is-finished/ ; http://truthfeed.com/breaking-comey-testimony-dems-wanted-to-hurt-trump-instead-cast-suspicion-over-obama/58781/

In case you want to save the clicks (you really should save them), they're websites saying that the Russian stuff has been proven to be nothing (which is obviously false), and that Trump's claim of wiretapping has been proven true (also obviously false).

7 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Regarding these testimonies it made me wonder something. Can a person who has direct information on some illegal activity (collusion, etc) make a deal with the congressional committee as far as agreeing to provide said information in exchange for some kind of immunity from possible prosecution, etc? 

It is generally thru the Justice dept since Congress is limited in prosecution options

you know like the immunity given to Hillary's minions. 

19 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

and that IS your host's real hair... 

I remain unconvinced

In fact I believe the hair IS the central actor in all this, I want Schiff to subpoena his do, let it speak for itself.

• Like 1