Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

3 minutes ago, twa said:

It is generally thru the Justice dept since Congress is limited in prosecution options

you know like the immunity given to Hillary's minions. 

You know, at first I thought "wow, cool. twa is giving a regular, informative answer to my question"

Then I scrolled down.

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

You know, at first I thought "wow, cool. twa is giving a regular, informative answer to my question"

Then I scrolled down.

you don't think examples of immunity given in a investigation of a cabinet level appointee is helpful?

Just now, twa said:

you don't think examples of immunity given in a investigation of a cabinet level appointee is helpful?

You pretending that you were just giving examples by (for the 1,234,345,668,234 time) bringing up Hillary Clinton is almost cute.

Take with a grain of salt for the time being until we get more sources on this, but Flynn flipping almost certainly means that whatever is there to get will be gotten.  FBI flips people into cooperating witnesses usually only when there are bigger fish to fry.  Flynn was NSA.  Only bigger fish is the Orange man himself.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Larry said:

Folks, 

Just what is it that y'all think you're going to find the smoking gun for, here?  What, exactly, is the crime that y'all think was committed?  

If you believe the CNN report, the smoking gun is that Trump (or his associates) coordinated with the Russians/wikileaks to release those DNC emails.

Not merely took advantage of an opportunity, but actively participated.

That's the smoking gun.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

If you believe the CNN report, the smoking gun is that Trump (or his associates) coordinated with the Russians/wikileaks to release those DNC emails.

Not merely took advantage of an opportunity, but actively participated.

That's the smoking gun.

Assume it's true. Where's the crime, there?  A Presidential campaign worked with somebody else, to coordinate a message. 

That's major?  

If the "somebody else" had been Fox News, or the NRA, or KochPAC, or Michael Moore, would that be a scandal?  Or is it the word "Russia" that makes it different?  

1 minute ago, Larry said:

If the "somebody else" had been Fox News, or the NRA, or KochPAC, or Michael Moore, would that be a scandal?  Or is it the word "Russia" that makes it different?  

Not so much "Russia" as "foreign government."

You cannot put a foreign government's interests ahead of the US'.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Larry said:

Assume it's true. Where's the crime, there?  A Presidential campaign worked with somebody else, to coordinate a message. 

That's major?  

Not just coordinate a message.

IF true, a foreign government through proxies (wikileaks etc) hacked into the DNC/RNC computers and released info with the intent to influence our elections.

Seems like a scandal to me.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

woolsey and some reporter from other media doing the story on flynn that broke yesterday and persuaded woolsey to go public, did their first tv int on cnn last night...watching woolsey when he was appearing during the transition as a talking head was  always fun for me...very serious can't set him up precise won't play games kind of guy...anyway, this was about him being there at the meeting where flynn was discussing  "transporting that dude" (the turkish connection)  out of the country...reads like one of the events caught up in surveillance and people are going to start getting concerned about their well-being and dropping dimes to whatever extent they are there to drop (and i think you'll hear a fair amount of change rattle over the next few months, if not sooner, or real soon)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Larry said:

That's major?  

If the Trump campaign struck a deal with Russia to release damaging info during the election in exchange for policy leniency, what about that isn't major?  Is this a trick question?

I did notice Flynn's name was noticeably absent from the Stone/Page/Manafort group that seem so eager to set the record straight.

Edited by AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Larry said:

Folks, 

Just what is it that y'all think you're going to find the smoking gun for, here?  What, exactly, is the crime that y'all think was committed?  

Murder

19 minutes ago, Larry said:

That's major?  

Come on dawg. Think about this for a second.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

If the Trump campaign struck a deal with Russia to release damaging info during the election in exchange for policy leniency, what about that isn't major?  Is this a trick question?

I did notice Flynn's name was noticeably absent from the Stone/Page/Manafort group that seem so eager to set the record straight.

Meh. At least they didn't use private email servers.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

still just smoke from where we sit, on record , so far...useful to keep reminding :)

For the record, I hope it's all a bunch of coincidences.  I would rather it come out that there was no collusion.  I think that would be better for our nation, regardless of how Trump's stint in office turns out.  

I know we both enjoy listening to Bernstein, and I thought it was interesting how he compared our government back when Nixon was in office to the Congress of today.  He said they unanimously wanted to investigate Nixon and we don't have that sort of cooperation between parties today.  In my opinion, our inability to work together is our biggest problem.  Passing laws without bipartisan support is not a sustainable model.  

Edited by AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy
  • Like 1

I am hoping this blows up and takes out substantial numbers of the current players, so that they are replaced with people more inclined to serve the nation before themselves. Call it a morality play, a comic tragedy, a serious lesson on how NOT to run the ****ing country but in the end, a wake up call to shock everyone out of their torpor, pop all the bubbles, reduce everyone to just people, survivors sitting in the rubble that remember why we worked together to build this nation.

But I'm a dreamer..................(****! no Donny, not one of those "dreamers", you don't need to send ICE to my door..................)

• Like 3

I'm not sure I want Trump to go. Part of me thinks that his 9 to 5 work ethic and his political incompetence and his banana republic cronyism and his reality show system of playing subordinates off against each other might actually reduce the damage that the GOP can do to this country.