Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

This is why I think we should test out advanced machine learning/AI as jurors. Remove the political bias, cultural, racial, emotional elements, etc from it and base it purely on the available evidence. 

I'd agree with you, however, serving on a jury is the second civic responsibility we have right after voting.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

This is why I think we should test out advanced machine learning/AI as jurors. Remove the political bias, cultural, racial, emotional elements, etc from it and base it purely on the available evidence. 

More things to be hacked.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Why so they can be hacked too?

12 minutes ago, Metalhead said:

More things to be hacked.

I've seen iRobot. No thanks

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, DogofWar1 said:

Oh good.  More fodder for QAnon folk.

I was thinking something similar.  

A whole bunch of Trumpettes are now going to begin reciting that the Russian hacking that happened in '16 was actually the Dems hacking themselves.  "They just admitted it".  

42 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

"What is the jury's verdict on this petty larceny charge?"

"Kill all humans."

"Whoa don't get ahead of me, we'll get to sentencing in a minute."

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Actually, these are good points. Remember when Microsoft released Tay, its AI twitter bot that learned from its interactions and created responses as it learned? Yeah, within a day the internet had turned into a racist asshole spouting off about how Hitler was right and all immigrants are scum.

(wait, are we sure that "Tay" wasn't actually just Stephen Miller sitting around at his house on his laptop?)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Bang said:

How did a woman with such obvious impartiality issues end up on the jury?

~Bang

I bet someone said they have to have at least one person who doesn't hate trumps guts.  Hopefully they don't make that mistake again.

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

You can't program for grey areas.

11 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I bet someone said they have to have at least one person who doesn't hate trumps guts.  Hopefully they don't make that mistake again.

It's a tricky situation though, because of the demonstrated nature of most hard core Trump supporters. They are more or less immune to facts and tend to actually be fact-averse. So while everyone on a jury is a human being and will have their own political beliefs, and they will hopefully still try to be impartial when making a decision as a juror, Trump supporters pose a significant quandary because there's a high likelihood that their brains will simply ignore evidence that goes against their views of Trump (even if it is a tangential connection ala Manafort) and will dig in no matter what. Seems like that was the case with this lady. Though, to be fair to her, she did vote for guilty on some of the charges so I guess there was still some sort of threshold where even she couldn't deny that it was obvious Manafort was guilty as absolute ****.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, DogofWar1 said:

"What is the jury's verdict on this petty larceny charge?"

"Kill all humans."

"Whoa don't get ahead of me, we'll get to sentencing in a minute."

To be honest, given the current state of our society and country right now, that might actually be the best end result...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I don't get the punishment for Reality Winner. Am I wrong on that?

Am I wrong to immediately think we are talking about a horse?

Not going thru proper channels and deliberately not using the whistleblower venue means blatant violation of national security protocol and no simple slap on the wrist. 

8 minutes ago, visionary said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Trump has already essentially fired the entire concepts of Truth and Irony less than 2 years into his presidency. He could probably make short work of SDNY.

Edited by mistertim

5 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

Cybersecurity shouldn't be this damn hard

:ols:

We have idiots hiring idiots for the most part. Hence the difficulties.

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

I don't get the punishment for Reality Winner. Am I wrong on that?

The less important you are the harder you get punished for leaking classified information.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1