Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

We need to keep our heads up. This is the first of two manafort trials, and I thought it was only meant to be a teaser to the trial dealing with foreign governments. I thought I read the stuff directly pertaining to Trump is expected in the next trial. This was like an opening salvo in a fight likely to last longer than any of us want. Now with both rulings, Trump has to worry about both fronts exposing him.

Am i understanding correctly?

Btw, what is the possible jail time manafort is looking at for the 8 convictions?

Edited by gbear

Very reassuring. The President can't be indicted for the crimes he commits! He did tell us this though. I'd advise everyone to avoid all 5th Avenues.

4 minutes ago, gbear said:

We need to keep our heads up. This is the first of two manafort trials, and I thought it was only meant to be a teaser to the trial dealing with foreign governments. I thought I read the stuff directly pertaining to Trump is expected in the next trial. This was like an opening salvo in a fight likely to last longer than any of us want. Now with both rulings, Trump has to worry about both fronts exposing him.

Am i understanding correctly?

Yeah this one dealt with tax evasion and bank fraud. Next one is money laundering and foreign lobbying.

Edited by Cooked Crack

2 hours ago, Hersh said:

How unhinged will Trump be at his rally after this? 

If you watchTrump at his rallies with the sound down he looks so much like Benito Mussolini. Not being hyperbolic. He does this thing where he makes a point then kinda sticks his chin out. Pull up old clips of Mussolini and you see the same move. 

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Is that true?   The POTUS can only pardon federal convictions?

Yep and not only convictions. NY has a double jeopardy law when it comes to federal crimes though. They need to close that up first before they can charge anyone Trump pardons.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/04/schneiderman-double-jeopardy/558389/

Edited by Cooked Crack

56 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Is that true?   The POTUS can only pardon federal convictions?

It was a surprise to me. I figured if nothing else, the supremacy clause would give him that authority. Now, I'd believe that it was a tradition of the Pres not interfering in state matters. I'd even be in favor of such a tradition

But I've sure seen it stated a whole lot. And never disputed. And the number of things that aren't disputed, on ES, . . . .