Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

pft.com bruce Allen won’t let Scot McCloughan talk to media

jphilly

8 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I'm sure Grant Paulson will chime in soon to tell us why we should still be OUTRAGED.

It'll go a little something like this...

"If the Redskins want to end all this drama, they should tell us what's happening! Dysfunction!"

Bruce tells everyone what's happening (almost).

"If the Redskins didn't want all this drama, they should have told us what's happening earlier!! Dysfunction!"

Russell's sliding stories gave me pause throughout the day.

First the tweet that Scot had been sent home on the 20th.

Then the rotoworld update which basically said Scot was out, and had been in all but final form for a while.

Then this morning it was that the rest of the FO wanted to keep Scot around hopefully through May, but he might be out earlier.

Then on the drive home it was that Scot was going back to work soon and likely would be here through May and then they'd "reevaluate" his role.

The first two bits don't conflict, but part 3 starts conflicting with the rotoworld report (if he has had little to no influence for a while, why would they stress keeping him through May?).  Part 4 seems like a major walking back of Part 2, and a major softening of Part 3.

It frankly strikes me like Russell got bad info, or worse, make stuff up, and spent the rest of the day trying to walk it back to a place where he can hedge his bets.

6 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

It reminds me of Jeff Sessions telling us about his Russian contacts.  Sliding around.

First the tweet that Scot had been sent home on the 20th.

Then the rotoworld update which basically said Scot was out, and had been in all but final form for a while.

Then this morning it was that the rest of the FO wanted to keep Scot around hopefully through May, but he might be out earlier.

Then on the drive home it was that Scot was going back to work soon and likely would be here through May and then they'd "reevaluate" his role.

The first two bits don't conflict, but part 3 starts conflicting with the rotoworld report (if he has had little to no influence for a while, why would they stress keeping him through May?).  Part 4 seems like a major walking back of Part 2, and a major softening of Part 3.

It frankly strikes me like Russell got bad info, or worse, make stuff up, and spent the rest of the day trying to walk it back to a place where he can hedge his bets.

Meanwhile, Keim said it would be improper for him to speculate about something potentially serious and is better to wait for the entire story to come out .

Chris Russell absolutely hates Bruce Allen (I don't care for the man myself). I'm sure that anything he could get to damage him even indirectly he was ready to pounce.

He better be real careful because this is approaching lawsuit territory now.

Russell needs to lose his job if this is BS. And if it isnt real. I hope someone sues the **** out of him.

14 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

It reminds me of Jeff Sessions telling us about his Russian contacts.  Sliding around.

No politics in the stadium please.

11 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Meanwhile, Keim said it would be improper for him to speculate about something potentially serious and is better to wait for the entire story to come out .

Yeah, I respect Keim for that.  It's tough for journalists to admit they aren't totally in the know.  Him telling us what he knew and then telling us he had nothing else just yet was very professional.

Anyone wanna keep their wagon hitched to Chris russell?

That horse is on its way to the glue factory.

Enjoy

41 minutes ago, DM72 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't others run with it. 

No. They definitely ran with the 'he's not there, that's not rights' side, but the drinking again/thrown out was all russell

And of course other media outlets reporting that russell said it, allowing them to have the story while not actually making it their story so when it winds up being bs they can say their hands are clean. 

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

Anyone wanna keep their wagon hitched to Chris russell?

That horse is on its way to the glue factory.

Enjoy

I mean, he could still be right, who knows.  Just because there's pushback doesn't mean it wasn't coordinated to try and conceal the things Russell found out.

But him walking things back does look bad.

McNally was carrying water for Russell throughout the day too, talking about how they only went with something when they had a lot of sources and could basically view something as definitely true, and yet in the background their story was changing bit by bit.

I think if Scot is still here as of Week 1, then Russell probably should be disciplined.  Guy threw up a lot of specifics in the rotoworld report.  If it turned out to be false, something went very wrong in his reporting.

@Jumbo Done, but I will skip slapping myself, my face is still sore from banging my head against the wall from when Russell first broke this stuff.

9 hours ago, DM72 said:

Maybe not fired, but if this story was BS, he nor 106.7 will EVER have access to the Redskins again.

Not counting the live interview with our starting QB every Monday morning.

9 hours ago, dyst said:

Just off the top of my head and under this current regime structure...

(huge list)

You forgot the part where the GM had to **** at the owner for five hours before the HC was allowed to start our best QB.

8 hours ago, KingGibbs said:

I'd like to know what Scot's wife meant when she said "A price will be paid."

cersei.jpg

6 hours ago, The Mayor of Fed Ex Field said:

Nobody on this message board is qualified to run an NFL team in ANY aspect,

Neither are Dan, Bruce, and freaking Doug Williams.

3 hours ago, Peregrine said:

Heres a crazy one people, but not crazier than some of the rest of this... WHAT IF: His other grandmother died. 

At his age, it's more likely that the other grandmother died 20 years ago.

10 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

I mean, he could still be right, who knows.

Yes, he will always be able to say that until whatever proof is available.

The burden should be (and is, as far as I'm concerned) on him, not the other way around.

He doesn't deserve anything better.

I listened to Chad Dukes quite a bit today.  Chris Russel was on with him (twice I think too) and it's so annoying how they are coming to the conclusion that since the Redskins didn't come out and defend the GM after Cooley "accused him of drinking" (those were Russel's exact words, which is completely false itself too), that the silence means there MUST be something.

How the **** can you come to that conclusion?  The Redskins don't owe the media or us **** when it comes to any reports out there that are floating around.  They both think that the Redskins should have had some press conference to put this crap to bed.

I'm in the opposite camp - I don't think the Redskins should say jack ****.  Any idiot in the media or on twitter can say anything about anyone.  That doesn't mean anyone has to come out and "defend" themself of these false rumors.  If someone came out and said that maybe I was doing something I wasn't really doing, I wouldn't give a crap and would just ignore it.  I'm glad that is the stance that the Redskins are taking now. 

Then they go on to say that they want to reassure us that they aren't rooting for the dysfunction and that a winning team would be SO much better for their ratings.  I remember so many times when both Chad and the Junks have said that when the team is losing they get a lot more calls about stuff.  And when RG3 was here they got so many calls about stuff.  But when we're in the midst of a streak with KC at the helm, the calls stop.  So clearly they are wrong about their reassurance.

It just amazes me how much the media and reporters can try to dig and twist words to make their own stories and talk about speculation as it's fact.  I'm so glad that I will be in the Caribbean next week and won't even have the option to listen to the media for a week.  It will be a nice break from this crap.

Archived