Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

1 hour ago, Taylor703 said:

For $6M a year, Baker would've been good here. You draft some young talent around him and groom his replacement. We've seen what happens when we overpay someone else's middling back up DL. He was cheap and it was stupid when we essentially had no other talent on our DL. You don't have to like the guy personally, hell I didn't even follow him on twitter because I found him to be annoying but he could play and he was always healthy. 

We lost Chris for $6mil?

Just now, CapsSkins said:

Lmao dude I'm not the one emotionally upset because we didn't want to give a 30 year old rotational DL $6M. Baker is / was a JAG.

Me neither. Relax and don't **** on people because they have a different attachment to players than you. 

12 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

DJ Swearinger reminds me of Brandon Merriweather...

This this exactly. Hated meriweather and have always hated swear infer. Still don't even think he's worth that contract he's a huge liability and an unnecessary roughness penalty waiting to happen. 

2 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Yeah, I can't see anyone being unhappy Garcon is gone.

The contract the 49ers paid him is unreal. No way the Redskins were going to pay that.

I'm unhappy that garçon is gone. The reason being that he played pretty well for us :) yeah I didn't like the whole thing about wanting to be traded during the season, but I don't take that into my emotions about being unhappy that he's gone 

Just now, JPG said:

Any news on Hightower? Anybody here high on him or is he too much? 

He would have been my top target (this is without extensive film on the guy, keep in mind. If I were in a FO that may not be the case... but from what I've seen...)

Dude would shore up the inside quick for us.

bigbake92I am excited to announce I am joining the Tampa Bay Buccaneers organization! I can't wait to get to work with the team. It was a pleasure to play for the Washington Redskins for the past 6 seasons. Thank you to the organization for giving me a chance, to the fans and the community for the support. Washington will always hold a special place in my heart. #SwaggyToTampa#Let'sGoBucs

Thanks Chris, good luck. 

ps - please dont buy a speed boat. 

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I like the signings so far.  It just hit me that even if Cousins doesn't get LTD, he's still going to be QB because of the tag.  Offense doesn't need nearly as much as defense does.  Weren't lying about being aggressive, and obviously someone is making decisions, even if its not Scott.

I don't think signing three bodies on day one makes us aggressive. They were at best fair deals, at worst overpays, and none of the guys should be starting for a very good defense. Rotational players. 

What I like about the Swearinger signing is not really the player (he's kinda overrated even as an in the box guy because he lays the wood, but he can't seem to stick on a roster), but the fact that to me it signals that we are going to make Cravens a BIG part of this defense. We just signed someone who can play the same type of hybrid role if he gets hurt. The defense would be screwed if it was partially built around a guy like Cravens and he went down, so now we have a passable impersonation of him in the wings for pretty cheap.

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I don't think signing three bodies on day one makes us aggressive. They were at best fair deals, at worst overpays, and none of the guys should be starting for a very good defense. Rotational players. 

What I like about the Swearinger singing is not really the player (he's overrated even as an in the box guy because he lays the wood, but he can't seem to stick on a roster), but the fact that to me it signals that we are going to make Cravens a BIG part of this defense. We just signed someone who can play the same type of hybrid role if he gets hurt. The defense would be screwed if it was partially built around a guy like Cravens and he went down, so now we have a passable impersonation of him in the wings for pretty cheap.

... so you're saying we're giving Swearinger $6million next year to be Cravens' de facto backup?

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Garcon and DJax are getting a combined 45mil in cash in the next 2 seasons. All things told, it's good we've moved on.

And all of our FA that left are over 30 or close to 30. Not sure why anyones really upset about these guys leaving. DJax with his injuries and his age has a chance of falling off a cliff next season or the year after and Garcon isn't going to be worth 16 million first year. 

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

He would have been my top target (this is without extensive film on the guy, keep in mind. If I were in a FO that may not be the case... but from what I've seen...)

Dude would shore up the inside quick for us.

Ltd term deal for kirk and signing him and and a coupke others and My shoulders will get a break from shrugging and throwing my hands up in air. That and angered squinting head shaking wtf's. 

I don't know why I'm so crushed about Swaggy, but to get some okayish rotational guys for 1M less, and then find out the Skins never even talked to him is like the cherry on the **** sundae these pieces of **** have served us of late.  

At this point, I'm not sure there is anything they can do to salvage my feelings about this team.  

6 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Me neither. Relax and don't **** on people because they have a different attachment to players than you. 

Lol dude I just stated my opinion and then you suggested there wasn't anything to my life other than football. Don't be dramatic! We all on the same side #HTTR

Archived