Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

1 minute ago, SkinsTillIDie said:

Applying for the job early:

Mark DominikVerified account @MarkdominikESPN

Washington needs to be budget minded in free agency. I would think they'll transition tag QB/Cousins in '18 but need room to match any

If they drag this **** out with Cousins next year into a transition tag than this is the dumbest run football team ever. 

Baker is a decent player but I think some fans overrated him. He wasn't really an impact player. His mouth rarely matched his play. He also turns 30 in October, so he is what he is at this point. I'd have liked to keep him but depending on how much he was offered, I could understand letting him go. I think this team wants to be younger and more athletic across the board up front.

Swearinger has some talent but there is a reason he's bounced around the last few years. Probably more of a depth move.

1 minute ago, Taylor703 said:

If they drag this **** out with Cousins next year into a transition tag than this is the dumbest run football team ever. 

IF they did this, i personally feel it would be more out of spite against Kyle than anything. 

1 minute ago, lavar1156 said:

Apparently I missed the "play" part this past season. He's 29 and was part of the problem.

If you don't think Baker can play then you didn't watch the team this year or last. Stop with the typical redskins fan bull**** of how everyone who leaves all of a sudden sucked. I hate that **** so much. 

1 hour ago, pcbothwel said:

Huh.. His contract really breaks down to a 1/6M deal with options each of the two years following that for about 4M each year.

I bet you most all of the 6M is guaranteed, but probably has about 2M total guaranteed in the last two years

Sounds like we'll keep being close to leading the league in cap penalties. 

5 minutes ago, Taylor703 said:

They're also the same guys who won't pay their QB and became the only team ever to allow two 1K yard receivers to leave in the same off-season. They don't have a ****ing clue what they're doing. Especially if it's Dan and Bruce doing the building. 

But you do have a clue. :rolleyes::ols:

Ok. Throw all the tantrums you like. I didn't sit and study Baker's play last season, but I do know the DL was bad with him. So his loss won't be as crippling as you make it out to be.

Just now, Taylor703 said:

If you don't think Baker can play then you didn't watch the team this year or last. Stop with the typical redskins fan bull**** of how everyone who leaves all of a sudden sucked. I hate that **** so much. 

I'm not saying he sucked but was he worth keeping around for significant money? No. He was not.

5 minutes ago, pcbothwel said:

Huh.. His contract really breaks down to a 1/6M deal with options each of the two years following that for about 4M each year.

I bet you most all of the 6M is guaranteed, but probably has about 2M total guaranteed in the last two years

Don't know what's the difference between him and Duke tbh.

1 minute ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

When did the Browns get smart?

That Osweiler trade is brilliant. Basically 'buying' a second round pick, then flipping him to not have the hit. 

Hail. 

And possibly trading him for more.

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Baker is a decent player but I think some fans overrated him. He wasn't really an impact player. His mouth rarely matched his play. He also turns 30 in October, so he is what he is at this point. I'd have liked to keep him but depending on how much he was offered, I could understand letting him go. I think this team wants to be younger and more athletic across the board up front.

Swearinger has some talent but there is a reason he's bounced around the last few years. Probably more of a depth move.

Hes gettin $6M a year from Tampa. We nearly paid McClain the same amount and he's a year younger. 

DJ Swearinger reminds me of Brandon Merriweather...

Which I like.

Say what you want about the guys overall talent level, you're probably pretty darn close in whatever assessment you make...

but the dude brought thunder. Every. Single. Game.

if he had some discipline he would have been fun to watch. But I never doubted his hustle.

1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

Ppl only pissed about Baker b/c he tweeted a lot and interacted with fans tbh.

I think he was a high-character player, much like Pierre, who embraced the city and wanted to be a part of the culture, not just part of a football team. In a time where football and it's players are becoming more and more alienated from the average joe in terms of lifestyle and financial stability, it's important to have these kind of people representing your team. 

I don't really think losing Baker will have much impact. He is just another guy and with a deep draft for defense, its better to field a rookie than a 30 year old who hasn't been more than a serviceable starter. I can understand being sad to see Garcon go, but I don't care about DJax leaving or Baker. 

2 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

But you do have a clue. :rolleyes::ols:

Ok. Throw all the tantrums you like. I didn't sit and study Baker's play last season, but I do know the DL was bad with him. So his loos won't be that crippling as you make it out to be.

Your DL doesn't get better by getting rid of the only talent you had and supplanting it with worse talent. Was Swaggy great? No. Was he a decent player that was much better than the two guys we just signed for nearly the same amount? Hell yes. 

2 minutes ago, Taylor703 said:

Hes gettin $6M a year from Tampa. We nearly paid McClain the same amount and he's a year younger. 

Hmm yeah for $6 Mil I'd have preferred to keep Baker, but i don't think its a disastrous loss either. And there is always a chance he simply didn't want to be here with all the dysfunction.

Archived