Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

Just now, Taylor703 said:

Your DL doesn't get better by getting rid of the only talent you had and supplanting it with worse talent. Was Swaggy great? No. Was he a decent player that was much better than the two guys we just signed for nearly the same amount? Hell yes. 

The thing about FA though, Taylor, is that it isn't hard to replace "decent". If all Baker is on the team is "decent", I believe the Redskins will find his replacement.

Younger and cheaper, too. :) 

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

I think he was a high-character player, much like Pierre, who embraced the city and wanted to be a part of the culture, not just part of a football team. In a time where football and it's players are becoming more and more alienated from the average joe in terms of lifestyle and financial stability, it's important to have these kind of people representing your team. 

Htf do you still like garcon? Whining ****, asking to be traded and made known day one he didnt give a **** about anything except money.

4 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I think he was a high-character player, much like Pierre, who embraced the city and wanted to be a part of the culture, not just part of a football team. In a time where football and it's players are becoming more and more alienated from the average joe in terms of lifestyle and financial stability, it's important to have these kind of people representing your team. 

Uh huh.... yeah, I'd rather just win games. As long as they aren't criminals don't really care if they're in church on sundays or giving toys for tots.

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

Htf do you still like garcon? Whining ****, asking to be traded and made known day one he didnt give a **** about anything except money.

Maybe he wasn't the best example, but he also did his best to represent the Redskins in a non-football capacity. 

I like the signings so far.  It just hit me that even if Cousins doesn't get LTD, he's still going to be QB because of the tag.  Offense doesn't need nearly as much as defense does.  Weren't lying about being aggressive, and obviously someone is making decisions, even if its not Scott.

I think Washington needs to keep getting younger on the dline and defense as a whole so it makes sense to let guys like Baker go.

If you sign Baker then in 2 years of his deal he will be 31 and no different than Kedrick Golston. I would rather his roster spot go to a rookie or udfa.

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

Yeah, I can't see anyone being unhappy Garcon is gone.

The contract the 49ers paid him is unreal. No way the Redskins were going to pay that.

Just now, SkinsGuy said:

The thing about FA though, Taylor, is that it isn't hard to replace "decent". If all Baker is on the team is "decent", I believe the Redskins will find his replacement.

Younger and cheaper, too. :) 

For $6M a year, Baker would've been good here. You draft some young talent around him and groom his replacement. We've seen what happens when we overpay someone else's middling back up DL. He was cheap and it was stupid when we essentially had no other talent on our DL. You don't have to like the guy personally, hell I didn't even follow him on twitter because I found him to be annoying but he could play and he was always healthy. 

10 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Which I like.

Say what you want about the guys overall talent level, you're probably pretty darn close in whatever assessment you make...

but the dude brought thunder. Every. Single. Game.

if he had some discipline he would have been fun to watch. But I never doubted his hustle.

I liked him more than most, he was limited ... sad to think that I would have to go back to the late great ST to name a better safety (fs or ss). 

16 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

Whatever. I grew tired of his antics. Huge persona with average talent. His antics with Knighton were bush league as well.

What antics with knighton? Trying to get the skins to sign his best friend two offseason ago, which they did? How is that an "antic"? It's no different than any other NFL player trying to get their team to bring their friend on board. 

1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

Uh huh.... yeah, I'd rather just win games. As long as they aren't criminals don't really care if they're in church on sundays or giving toys for tots.

I'm just stating there's a reason why so many fans are upset to see him go, and it goes beyond the game. 

There's more to life than football, but in case there isn't for ya, it's not like Baker wasn't performing. 

My major question mark is what are they doing with Cravens... He's not an ILB no matter how much they want to pretend he is in title. He didn't really play any kind of traditional ILB role at any point that I saw, either.

I'd like to see him move to SS. But we need a free safety. In fact, if I had to rank total team needs it would be:

1. ILB

2. FS

3. WR

4. LG/C

From there, the secondary needs are:

RB, DL (after two signings... could use more but may not be imperative)

1 minute ago, Sekhmet187 said:

I think Washington needs to keep getting younger on the dline and defense as a whole so it makes sense to let guys like Baker go.

If you sign Baker then in 2 years of his deal he will be 31 and no different than Kedrick Golston. I would rather his roster spot go to a rookie or udfa.

No different than Golston? Golston sucked back when Gibbs drafted him. He's actually sucked forever. I honestly have no idea how he keeps making the team? Baker is nothing like Ked. 

I feel like we are just trying to gamble on second tier FA's again. Players who have shown some good in a parttime role but also never really dominated. If you keep swining...you will hit something at some point right? Hope one of these dline guys become hits.

For the people who think these guys don't fit our systeme. I think our new DC wants to run more gap shooting dline. So you need different kind of guys. Not the big body occupy blocks guys. 

Just now, PartyPosse said:

I'm just stating there's a reason why so many fans are upset to see him go, and it goes beyond the game. 

There's more to life than football, but in case there isn't for ya, it's not like Baker wasn't performing. 

Lmao dude I'm not the one emotionally upset because we didn't want to give a 30 year old rotational DL $6M. Baker is / was a JAG.

59 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Yeah, I can't see anyone being unhappy Garcon is gone.

The contract the 49ers paid him is unreal. No way the Redskins were going to pay that.

That contract isnt that crazy when you look at all of it. Well see how it plays out giving him all that money upfront though.

**** him though, he's an asshole.

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

What antics with knighton? Trying to get the skins to sign his best friend two offseason ago, which they did? How is that an "antic"? It's no different than any other NFL player trying to get their team to bring their friend on board. 

No it was mid-season...the 2nd time. He was basically lobbying for one of his teammates to get cut.

Archived