Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

1 minute ago, Burger35 said:

I like him but not as my number 1 guy.  Unless doctson becomes a solid 2 and we can keep crowder in the slot we will be ok.  That is expecting alot of pryor and JD.

I agree at this point we're expecting a lot from JD but Terrell has at least shown he's capable of being the guy on offense, even if it was for a team that only won one game lol. 

1 minute ago, Burger35 said:

I like him but not as my number 1 guy.  Unless doctson becomes a solid 2 and we can keep crowder in the slot we will be ok.  That is expecting alot of pryor and JD.

Doctson just needs more fiber to become a solid 2. 

Of course some fans would have you think his injury has made him a 2 all along.

Thank you, I'll be here all week.

2 minutes ago, DM72 said:

If they're taking him out to dinner, then Pryor is virtually signed.

Wonder can he finish off two steaks like DJax.

Djax ate 2 steaks at his recruiting dinner?! 

Lol. C'mon man... that's some clown ****. Maybe if you're a lineman u can get away with that but 11? :ols:

Pryor is good enough to be a #1. I've very little doubt about that. 

Pryor, Doctson, Crowder is a nice mix. All bring something different. Question marks obviously there to an extent but it's as good as I could've hoped for knowing we'd lose Garcon and Jackson. 

1 minute ago, elkabong82 said:

You think our defense from this past season needs continuity?

They signed run stoppers. Skins have been awful against the run with Baker on the line. He's good at pass rush at times, but that's not the apparent direction the team is headed in on defense. The moves they made indicated they want run-stopping focus, which is also what Scot said he wanted when he came here and what he built on other teams. 

Baker was one of the leaders of this defense and certainly a talent you keep in a transition when talent is at a rare premium. For a really fair $6 million at that.

Besides, I don't buy "we're preparing for the run now" as an excuse for hampering our already awful pass rush. "Very little worked, so let's get rid of the one, fairly inexpensive thing that did work" doesn't fly for me.

1 minute ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

JOB is short for Jobber, pro wrestling term for guy that is only there to lose. 

Also, a great stable of losers in old school WWF

Haha word. Out of the loop on the wrestling stuff. Still hoping we can get Logan or someone like that for the DL. Doesn't sound like we're in on Poe.

Just now, -JB- said:

Ok the defense is "probably" better.  "Probably" better than a tremendously horrific group ain't saying much tho! 

That's my point. The good thing is we LITERALLY had nowhere to go but up. Charles Mann TODAY probably would have helped.

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Baker was one of the leaders of this defense and certainly a talent you keep in a transition when talent is at a rare premium. For a really fair $6 million at that.

Besides, I don't buy "we're preparing for the run now" as an excuse for hampering our already awful pass rush. "Very little worked, so let's get rid of the one, fairly inexpensive thing that did work" doesn't fly for me.

Still don't buy that any of these guys are any better than what we had last year...

Just now, Bacon said:

Awful pass rush? Inconsistent maybe, but Redskins were 9th in sacks this season. One of the only positives on D. But they were atrocious on 3rd down and at stopping the run. Would I have liked us to keep Baker at $6 mil/yr? Yes. But the moves the team are making on D right now shows the team is going in a direction Baker has not been good at. You dont re-sign a guy that isn't going to work well with what's in the plans.

Just now, Rogue Jedi said:

If Pryor signs, he will be the only decent signing.

Swearinger in just a Merriweather clone.

McClain is a good signing in part because of divisional context. Dallas may not realize it yet, but they will miss him.

1 minute ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

If we sign Pryor, maybe we can actually complete a fade in the red zone?

OMG. If we sign Pryor, and week 1 we march down to the goal line and score on a fade to Pryor... this place will melt down. :ols:

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

That's my point. The good thing is we LITERALLY had nowhere to go but up. Charles Mann TODAY probably would have helped.

People actually thought Wade Phillips was gonna coach that heap of steaming doo doo ? up and have them playing like that Broncos D!  God don't like ugly!  And we Celie! 

IMG_1837.JPG

Archived