Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

3 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Legit terrified of Eagles, Giants and Cowboys with these acquisitions... think we will be swept this year in our division

We already were the only team in the division that didn't improve last year.  I suspect there's a decent chance that might continue.

1 minute ago, Burger35 said:

pryor is talented and a good goal line target but he is not a #1 wide out.  The other issues are league wide db's not only wanted to voice that but they set out to embarrass him

Considering he had 1000 yards in his FIRST year playing a position he's never played before with the crappiest of the crappy throwing him the ball in Cleveland, I have higher hopes. Dude can catch and is physical and big. 

6 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Don't want to intrude on your ****-flinging, but Pryor can be a legit 1WR and is only 27 YO. He is a guy you pay premium for, not Garcon or DJax. Remember we paid Norman.

His first year as a full time starter at WR, with RG3 and a rotation of other bad QBs throwing the ball, and Pryor put up 1,000 yards receiving. He's 6'4", 4.38 40 time, and was 9/13 receiving in the red zone (nearly 70% catches) with 4 TDs. That's better production in the red zone than Desean or Pierre last season. Kid has a lot of potential at WR. 

5 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I don't want to intrude on your illiteracy, but I said Bruce wouldn't have the stones to sign Pryor to the big deal.  I never said anything about Pryor's ability.  He's a great talent.

Then let me clarify -- not an issue of whether BA has "stones". He's shown he will pay for premium talents like Norman. Also shown he won't over-pay for talents on wrong side of 30 like DJax or Garcon.

Just now, elkabong82 said:

His first year as a full time starter at WR, with RG3 and a rotation of other bad QBs throwing the ball, and Pryor put up 1,000 yards receiving. He's 6'4", 4.38 40 time, and was 9/13 receiving in the red zone (nearly 70% catches) with 4 TDs. That's better production in the red zone than Desean or Pierre last season. Kid has a lot of potential at WR. 

If you can sign Pryor for whatever the # is and avoid Garcon and DJax who are making a combined $30M next year, you do that 100% of the time.

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

Baker has every right to call us out for paying a JAG with inferior production in McGee a fraction less than we would have had to pay Baker to keep him around. Continuity? What's that?

You think our defense from this past season needs continuity?

They signed run stoppers. Skins have been awful against the run with Baker on the line. He's good at pass rush at times, but that's not the apparent direction the team is headed in on defense. The moves they made indicated they want run-stopping focus, which is also what Scot said he wanted when he came here and what he built on other teams. 

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Considering he had 1000 yards in his FIRST year playing a position he's never played before with the crappiest of the crappy throwing him the ball in Cleveland, I have higher hopes. Dude can catch and is physical and big. 

I like him but not as my number 1 guy.  Unless doctson becomes a solid 2 and we can keep crowder in the slot we will be ok.  That is expecting alot of pryor and JD.

4 minutes ago, Burger35 said:

pryor is talented and a good goal line target but he is not a #1 wide out.  The other issues are league wide db's not only wanted to voice that but they set out to embarrass him

He's 6'4", runs a 4.4, and is tenacious. He's not just a good goal line target, he's got beyond prototypical length and speed, a size/speed package that a Jay Gruden offense hasn't had since AJ Green. He's not a technician like that at all, he's not on that level at all. But he's a lump of freakish clay I'd love to see in this offense. 

Archived