Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

21 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

How do you combat this type of stupid?

Go even further into stupid territory. Something like this:

jet_fuel.png

For this one, I'd pretend to agree, and point out that, clearly, AntiFa sabotaged the tracks. And they did it using the same kind of Super-Thermite Bush used on 9/11.

18 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Can't.  I think it is important to keep an eye on that part of society.

Learned a while ago it doesn't really do anything but give you stress keeping an eye.

That par of society is loud enough that you don't need to subject yourself to direct contact to keep tabs on it.

~Bang

7 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Animatronic Trump joins Disney's Hall of Presidents, and Twitter thinks he looks like Jon Voight

Here's the full video with Trump's appearance in the Hall of Presidents:

https://youtu.be/NePlddZpNKs

Oh my god I was SO hoping he was going to pause and pick up that water glass on the table behind him with two hands.

~~~

And now I want to go to Disney World just to heckle robot Trump MST3000 style

Partial transcript from Disney's Hall of Presidents

Trump: "You know, I'm automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anythingGrab 'em by the ****."

Trump-Hall-Of-Presidents-Ride-Disney-Wor

Kennedy: "Damn Donald, take it down a notch."

Lincoln: "A government of the people, by the people, for the people is headed by THIS guy?"

I find the Gorsuch thing to be much ado about nothing.  OF COURSE Gorsuch said he wasn't okay with Trump denigrating the judiciary to the senators that he needed to confirm him.  EVERYONE WOULD.  And OF COURSE Trump overreacted, he does not know how our system of government works.  It seems from reading the article that Trump was pissed off that he didn't even get a thank you from Gorsuch, but that was only because Gorsuch's thank you letter was not delivered timely.  I'd be pretty pissed off to not even get a thank you from someone that I just gave a lifetime appointment to too, and I don't even have narcissistic personality disorder like Trump.  

I can't stand Trump or Gorsuch, but let's ****ing focus on things that matter.  

A real missed opportunity by Disney.  Should've made it look like Alec Baldwin:ols:

How do GOP supporters reconcile the die hard position against increasing the deficit when they are out of the White House and the casual acquiescence when in the White House?  Or do GOP supporters really believe that the tax bill will not increase the deficit?   

3 minutes ago, bearrock said:

... do GOP supporters really believe that the tax bill will not increase the deficit?   

I'd say 99.999% of everyone doesn't care one bit about the deficit. They only use it to stop opposition party bills.

I do think when they see how much worse off they are in 5 years...or whenever the coward GOP puts these  "tax reforms" into actual motion, there will be a reckoning. And it will be massive.

28 minutes ago, bearrock said:

A real missed opportunity by Disney.  Should've made it look like Alec Baldwin:ols:

How do GOP supporters reconcile the die hard position against increasing the deficit when they are out of the White House and the casual acquiescence when in the White House?  Or do GOP supporters really believe that the tax bill will not increase the deficit?   

Not sure about supporters.  GOP elected officials probably reconcile it by noting that they will be too dead to be impacted.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/how-the-oldest-senate-ever-is-taking-a-toll-on-the-operations-of-washington/2017/12/16/349f27b8-e1b3-11e7-89e8-edec16379010_story.html?utm_term=.2cb9e7baafe6

21 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I'd say 99.999% of everyone doesn't care one bit about the deficit. They only use it to stop opposition party bills.

I do think when they see how much worse off they are in 5 years...or whenever the coward GOP puts these  "tax reforms" into actual motion, there will be a reckoning. And it will be massive.

That would be the Dem's hope, but that would require a reasonably engaged electorate.  GOP will just claim that unless Dems agree to extend the Trump Tax Reforms for individuals, there is going to be a massive tax increase and try to blame the Dems (I mean we've seen it before with Bush era tax cuts right?)

That's why I think Dems should actually play hardball and say make individual tax cuts permanent and revisit corporate tax cuts in 10 years to see if the cuts really paid for themselves.  Why not say we won't agree to any spending bill unless GOP does that?

The plan as it currently laid out is

X amount of dollars over the next 10 years for Corp cuts

Y amount of dollars over the next 10 years for individual cuts

Y = A for expiring cuts + B for permanent increase (example of A would increased standard deduction. example of B would.be elimination of personal exemption). A>B to improve public perception of the bill during the next 10 years.

X+Y = $1.5 Trillion deficit over 10 years

A goes away in 10 years.

After that, in order to qualify for reconciliation process, X must equal B.  Meaning for every dollar in corporate cuts, there is a corresponding increase that pays for it.  I haven't heard of any increase in corporate tax burden, so I'm assuming at least a substantial portion, if not all, of the corporate tax cuts are being offset by increase in individual tax burden.

So after 10 years, GOP will scream and yell unless Dems agree to make the individual tax cuts permanent, Americans will face a massive tax increase (Nevermind that we set it up that way and that unless there is a massive increase in economic activity that is not being predicted by any economist, such tax cuts for both corporate and individual will result in massive permanent increase to the deficit).  So, Dems should set the focus on that.  People should know exactly what is being planned by the GOP and in 10 years, when GOP screams about tax increase, the reaction should be "Well, but that's exactly what you guys designed it to do". 

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Not sure about supporters.  GOP elected officials probably reconcile it by noting that they will be too dead to be impacted.

Or at least retired and taking a swim in their vault of gold coins:(

GOP doesn't need Dems.  They can pass with just their majorities, so realistically Dems have been cut out of the process.

The only way they'd be brought back in is if the bill increased the debt SO much that it no longer fell within the loophole to avoid the filibuster, but it seems like fuzzy (bad) math is going to save the bill from that fate.

Archived