Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

23 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Is there a full moon tonight or something?  Trump went on a crazy tweetstorm and THAT family member of mine is posting fake news stories like crazy.

I think that gif posted earlier of Alex Jones ripping his shirt off and running around like a madman basically sums up Trump and his supporters at this point.

7 hours ago, visionary said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but are financial disclosures even verified and audited like tax returns? We all know Trump has exaggerated with numbers before to make himself look good. Who's to say he's not exaggerating his revenue while not reporting all of his debt.

14 minutes ago, AJ* said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but are financial disclosures even verified and audited like tax returns? We all know Trump has exaggerated with numbers before to make himself look good. Who's to say he's not exaggerating his revenue while not reporting all of his debt.

Well, didn't he say he was worth 10-20 billion?  He lied...because, as has been reported, his wealth is "however he's feeling that day".  Guess he's not feeling 10-20 anymore.

I'm A-OK with that.:)

33 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Well, didn't he say he was worth 10-20 billion?  He lied...because, as has been reported, his wealth is "however he's feeling that day".  Guess he's not feeling 10-20 anymore.

I'm A-OK with that.:)

You'd have to go through the list of major assets he's declared to estimate the real number as the financial disclosure form only provides ranges or minimum values.. For example, the Trump building at 40 Wall street is declared at more than $50 million in value, but it's probably worth north of $500 million if he were to sell it.

11 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

You'd have to go through the list of major assets he's declared to estimate the real number as the financial disclosure form only provides ranges or minimum values.. For example, the Trump building at 40 Wall street is declared at more than $50 million in value, but it's probably worth north of $500 million if he were to sell it.

Really?  Wow...maybe because it has his name on it?  Other than that, it's just another high rise with 24-karat gold ceilings on the penthouse floor. 

Sorry, I just blew my own mind.  I cannot imagine such excesses.

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

315 million reasons affecting his decisions for this country.

You'd need to look at the detail of the holdings to see if there's merit to that claim. If he has, say, a $50 million mortgage on a building worth $500 million, and if he is able to refinance it, how beholden is he really to the lender?

However ... much of his debt is to Deutsche Bank, and Deutsche Bank was recently fined over $600 million for their involvement in a Russian money laundering scheme ... that merits some investigation. :-)

And a lot of his debt is with Ladder Financial (who?) too because apparently the main banks avoid him because of his risk taking and bankruptcies.

So it's very possible that he's got some sketchy connections that he may be beholden to. That said, if he sold some of his major assets he could be free from them.

There's lots of smoke, not sure how much fire there is. But he's a sketchy individual that I personally would stay away from in business. But that's not illegal.

33 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Really?  Wow...maybe because it has his name on it?  Other than that, it's just another high rise with 24-karat gold ceilings on the penthouse floor. 

Sorry, I just blew my own mind.  I cannot imagine such excesses.

Not because of his name. It's prime real estate in Manhattan that he actually owns, unlike some of his other endeavors. 71 floors to rent totaling 1 million square feet. Even with long-term discounted deals, rental income could be $30 million + per year. It's declared on his form as "More than $5 Million income", which I think is the highest band.

One thing Trump has done well more than once is take risks and buy real estate at very depressed prices, and then turn them back into assets that generate cash. 

12 minutes ago, visionary said:

Pointing out that that's been GOP policy since Newt & Co took over congress under Clinton.  Oppose or undo every thing that a Democrat has done, and then run on a campaign of "Vote Republican, because Democrats can't get anything done."  

Rush Limbaugh actually explained that to me (and his listeners), when a caller asked why the Republicans were making a priority to repeal Clinton's crime bill, even though parts of it were liked by 80% of voters.  

Archived