Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

10 minutes ago, mistertim said:

If he does do his convention acceptance speech from the White House I'm going to be absolutely furious if the major news networks cover it (besides Fox of course). They should all refuse to do so on the grounds that it's absolutely beyond unethical and breaks anything even resembling presidential norms of keeping the official office and campaigning separate.

I'm curious to know if it breaks a law. is it possible to file a lawsuit to stop it until there is some hearing about it? Not necessarily win the case, but do enough to delay it. 

30 minutes ago, mistertim said:

If he does do his convention acceptance speech from the White House I'm going to be absolutely furious if the major news networks cover it (besides Fox of course). They should all refuse to do so on the grounds that it's absolutely beyond unethical and breaks anything even resembling presidential norms of keeping the official office and campaigning separate.

I would agree, but with Covid ongoing, where do you think he should do it? I guess he could've done it from Trump Tower or Mar-a-Lago.

Either way, not too concerned. It'll be a boring speech anyway, without any of the applause fanfare (not that his 2016 speech was very good either). 

54 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I would agree, but with Covid ongoing, where do you think he should do it? I guess he could've done it from Trump Tower or Mar-a-Lago.

Either way, not too concerned. It'll be a boring speech anyway, without any of the applause fanfare (not that his 2016 speech was very good either). 

To me that's like doing curls in the squat rack (sorry, have fitness on my mind after the exchange @purbeastand I had in the COVID thread  :ols: ). You can do curls anywhere else in the damn gym. Don't do them in the squat rack; it's just an accepted norm and breaking it should get you ostracized in the weight room.

There are countless places he could do it that aren't for the use of official presidential business.

We have a neighborhood pool with an "adult pool". I usually go with my wife for a few hours a couple of days a week. There are a few 'regulars' - all females in their late 40s/early 50s Richmond natives. I went solo today here's how it went:

Her: Well, the Saxon's shoe (longtime RVA store) went bankrupt. I'm so pissed, this didn't need to happen.

Me: A product of the times. Steinmart went bankrupt too & is closing both of their Richmond stores. Sucks.

Her: Yeah, but it didn't have to happen. In South Dakota they didn't close anything or force people to wear masks.

Me (ah, I see where this is going): Yeah, but what's in South Dakota? How many people actually live there? You ever met anybody from there? Know anybody who has worked there? Population is probably close to the RVA area and they have 20 times the land mass.  (No idea if this is true!)

Her: Well, everybody is leaving New York city because it's completely closed down. Everything is boarded up & they're all  leaving!

Me: Aren't a lot things here closed down? Where is everybody in NYC going?

Her: The Hampton's & Connecticut.

Me: Well, The Hampton's are a part of NY. And who's actually going there?

Her: You need to go to Youtube. All of the workers are leaving. Everybody. 

Me: Seriously? The workers are leaving for the Hampton's? I doubt very seriously the investment bankers & people who work for Political Action Committees are leaving NYC for other places. Oh, and nobody who is a 'worker' is moving to the Hamptons. You didn't mean that, right?
Her: Well, rich people. They're leaving.
Me: Yeah, well Covid-19. Time to get in the pool.

8 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I think that instead of arguing with people we laugh at them! Like:

You actually believe these Trump lies? Lol!!!

Change to appropriate topic.

I'm more inclined to this.

However, since that is frowned upon, and we need to maintain our social distancing, perhaps this is more appropriate:

200.gif

Anybody remember when "The Man Show" sent a kid out to get sigs to "Help Stop Women's Suffrage"?

I bet it wouldn't be that hard to trick Trump to sharing posts like that. Praise his leadership and what he's done for women. How he's been the biggest force to stop Women's Suffrage in the past 100 years.

The other problem with that ignorant line of thinking is assuming that every protester is there on behalf of themselves only. Furthermore, assume a massive 1 million person protest occurred, that's still less than 1% of the roughly 125 million people that will be voting. So even amidst massive legendary scale protests, it's an infinitesimally small amount of people you are saying should be okay with voting in person. What about everyone else? Oh yeah, like most GOP policies, **** them

Like all right wing logic, this too falls apart within 10 seconds of thought

Trump celebrates women's rights -- and attacks Michelle Obama

:ols:  Of course.

Also, he seems to have fallen back on his time-tested brilliant tactic of "I Know You Are But What Am I?" :

At an event aimed at highlighting the 100th anniversary of women's right to vote, President Donald Trump disparaged the country's most admired woman, Michelle Obama as "over her head" after she delivered a scathing, direct-to-camera speech criticizing him at the Democratic National Convention Monday.

From Michelle Obama's speech:

So let me be as honest and clear as I possibly can. Donald Trump is the wrong president for our country. He has had more than enough time to prove that he can do the job, but he is clearly in over his head. He cannot meet this moment. He simply cannot be who we need him to be for us.

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

People aren’t really protesting about voting in person though. Literally no one has said that they are protesting the ability to vote in person 

52 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

In addition to what Llevron said, even if they are there because of concerns about people being able to vote by mail perhaps they are protesting for those that are homebound by fears of the virus, like my 89 year old mother.

Damn you Facebook friends for posting such nonsense...lol

Archived